most import thing about being in work?

13»

Comments

• neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a_c_g_t wrote: »
    it was the job until the new CCG change in the NHS now it just the money and how much I can earn.

The whole ethos has changed over the past 6 months. I held out with my ideology as long as possible but I got shat upon so now I have learnt "It's all about f**king over anyone and everyone to get the money amd power.

Sad days indeed at work.

You need to leave the NHS now with that attitude. You change your attitude and nobody else.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    You need to leave the NHS now with that attitude. You change your attitude and nobody else.

I don't agree. Being treated badly, being unable to do a job properly because of the awful pressures on you is a terrible thing and not your fault.

And I think a lot of people in the NHS are struggling at the moment.

From what I've heard, and seen, the Nurses are working frantically hard and there is a problem with understaffing.

Hardly their fault.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dignity and self respect. a sense of worth and as others have mentioned, social contact.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Important thing for me is getting out of the house and being productive.
  • YijanYijan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Its the place where you have the chance to improve your attitude. Thats the most important thing for me anyway. Where I work the general attitude is that its common knowledge that no-one has a good attitude to work, therefore there's no point in having a good work ethic/attitude, because no-one else has. Broken Britain.
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    RickyBarby wrote: »
    I find it hard talking to people or making eye contact. Work bit is only for pay for,me,i get in on time no before and leave on time not after.

As to the coming in on time and leaving on time that is important to me. I started a new job 3 weeks ago and on asking what the working day was even my manager did not know. I asked 'when do I start, how long is lunch and when do I finish' on my first day. So anyway I got told and I am punctual, take my lunch break and leave on time. This is important as I don't like hanging about working and not being paid. The funny thing is the rest of the staff are in early and stay late and don't take a lunch - you won't catch me doing that as bed and fun are important too. Also the hours he said to do are 1 1/2 hours shorter than I am being paid to do. I'm keeping schtum.:p
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it only the wage. I don't care for the
    company I work for. In if i got a job.

Only for the money for me I don't care for the company as they don't care for me . :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what I'd do without my work, I find myself getting bored and restless just on weekends. It gives me something to dedicate myself to, is something I'm passionate about simply because I like to feel like I'm advancing and making a difference. I'm fortunate enough to be in a career which empowers me to do that and the sense of pride and achievement makes all the hard work worth it. Money is great too, but I've turned down larger sums just for the opportunity to work on certain brands that I foresee advancing my career a lot further.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prankz wrote: »
    Important thing for me is getting out of the house and being productive.

This is the most important reason I want a job . I don't care about lots of money because I've never had any anyway . I just want to do something .
    Going stir crazy is real :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,873
    Forum Member
    DMN1968 wrote: »
    Its part of ones identity - if you ask someone to "tell them about themselves" they will typically respond with something like, "I am a teacher", or even "I am a retired teacher".

I work primarily for the money so I can live the lifestyle I want.

If money was not an issue, I would still do something, however this would be on my terms - specifically a greatly reduced number of hours and something I would really like to do (driving a bus once a week would suit me).

I agree with all of this. Mine's more than a job, it's a career and I do love it on the whole - although some parts of it suck - but if I won lotto, I would retire immediately.

Having said that, when I took time out of my career to have kids, I really did feel like I had lost part of my identity.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dignity and self respect. a sense of worth and as others have mentioned, social contact.

yes. yes yes..:D
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Money was always important.

But I always wanted to do a good job to the best of my ability ( which was considerable !)
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I'm a lone worker and someones can go a few days before seeing any other of my Co workers so for me it's only the wage.
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    For me it only the wage. I don't care for the
    company I work for. In if i got a job.
    You mean they actually hired you with your poor level of English? They must have been desperate to fill that post. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The money is the main thing...but I also enjoy my colleagues, knowing I have done a good job, the achievement, the stress and gaining my professional qualification.