Holiday with a 2 year old.

SmallalienSmallalien Posts: 1,044
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have to fess up the reason why I am doing this. I asked here last year when my little boy was one about where to go on holiday and was recommended camping in Saumur and perhaps doing a few stops on the drive there. We did it (stopping in Paris and Rouen) and it was the most AMAZING holiday. Best ever.

Given how fantastic the advice on here was last year I have decided to ask again this year.

We are going on holiday again probably late June, early July or in September - outside of the school holidays. Our budget isn't massive so we're probably looking at somewhere in Europe. It will be me, my husband and our son who will be two and a little bit.

I do like to have a swim and sunbathe but we also like to be able to have trips to go out on and interesting places to see. Obviously with a two year old it needs to be child friendly. We don't mind driving long distances and having a stop or two on the way to visit places.

So I'm wondering if you lovely people could recommend somewhere you think would be good for a holiday with a toddler? Last years was superb so I'm really hoping you can come up with something just as fab this year!

Comments

• cathh70cathh70 Posts: 3,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you enjoyed Saumur, i remember the thread.

One place I really enjoyed in France (amongst many) was Annecy. It is in a mountainous area with a beautiful lake and generally has good weather. A stunning place.

Other than that I could suggest port grimaud near st tropez. There are plenty of campsites fronting onto the med. the village/town is like a mini Venice and has loads of great restaurAnts.