Options

What's the most Adventurous thing you've done?

scorpio20080scorpio20080 Posts: 2,894
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As the title says, what's the most adventurous thing you've done in your lifetime? It can also be dangerous.

I'm planning on going Skydiving (as I've heard great things from most of my friends), but really nervous. I've done parasailing before, but I guess Skydiving is totally different expeience!:blush:

So tell me your's!:)

Comments

• Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I don't think I've done anything particularly adventurous. I'd quite like a go at bungee jumping or skydiving - never really had the opportunity (and I don't mean the crappy off-a-crane bungee jumps!).

edit: Oh, PPL - if flying a plane is "adventurous" these days?
  • Options
    Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went swimming on a nudist beach in Ibiza.
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    I've done a static line jump before, driven a small rally car, flown a glider and a light aircraft (with an instructor). I've also been in a submarine, both touristy and military.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    Diving on the Great Barrier Reef. Got a skydive on my bucket list.
  • Options
    SkycladSkyclad Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I peeked into the broadcasting forum
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried horseradish sauce in a roast beef sammich once.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having sex in a public place in broad daylight.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We kayaked from one island to another in the Langkawi archipelago, Malaysia.

There were massive jellyfish in the sea and I can't swim but no one died!

It was all extremely adventurous for me, but I know it's pretty tame :D
  • Options
    Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the title says, what's the most adventurous thing you've done in your lifetime? It can also be dangerous.

I'm planning on going Skydiving (as I've heard great things from most of my friends), but really nervous. I've done parasailing before, but I guess Skydiving is totally different expeience!:blush:

So tell me your's!:)

Oh do it, it's fantastic! I did one in New Zealand over snow covered mountains, was sensational. I thought about your question and realised I've probably been more adventurous than I thought, including;

Travelled alone through Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, South America and India, Skydiving, whitewater rafting, bungee jumping, parasailing, diving in the barrier reef... Adventures can be small things though, sometimes these days, just a day in work feels like an adventure!

Good luck with the jump!
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH spent 3 weeks trekking to Base Camp (Mount Everest)

My most adventurous thing is probably helicopter ride to the Grand canyon or swimming with dolphins.

Both amazing, breath-taking, once in a lifetime experiences.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH spent 3 weeks trekking to Base Camp (Mount Everest)

My most adventurous thing is probably helicopter ride to the Grand canyon or swimming with dolphins.

Both amazing, breath-taking, once in a lifetime experiences.

To the BIB, I agree- I did that last year and I must say it was definitely once in a lifetime experience!

To the poster who posted about bungee jumping- that one really is not on my list of things to do. I would do Skydiving, but not bungee jumping..:blush::o
  • Options
    Maisymoo82Maisymoo82 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did that thing where you get towed behind a speedboat strapped to a big parachute (no idea what it's called) on holiday in Cyprus. My sister begged me to do it all week and on our last day we went down to the beach and signed up despite being petrified. She screamed, bawled and cried the whole time, and I spent the whole time trying to console her! It was terrifying but exhilarating at the same time:) it was so quiet and peaceful up there (if you ignored my sisters screams) but all the time I was petrified I was going to slip out of the flimsy harness! Wouldn't do it again though!
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Having sex in a public place in broad daylight.

I was just about to write the same thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maisymoo82 wrote: »
    I did that thing where you get towed behind a speedboat strapped to a big parachute (no idea what it's called) on holiday in Cyprus. My sister begged me to do it all week and on our last day we went down to the beach and signed up despite being petrified. She screamed, bawled and cried the whole time, and I spent the whole time trying to console her! It was terrifying but exhilarating at the same time:) it was so quiet and peaceful up there (if you ignored my sisters screams) but all the time I was petrified I was going to slip out of the flimsy harness! Wouldn't do it again though!

You mean Parasailing?:)
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MOST exciting , a lot to choose from. Travelled around for Asia for 10 months alone with very little cash, at age 18 in the sixties. I recommend it.:)

Edit, must add my Dad paid for the many flights involved. was he trying to tell me something ? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did a survival week in the very North West of Scotland; we trecked about 10 miles from the road and were supposed to catch fish with just a couple of metres of line and a hook, ha very ha; we did get mussels and tried eating heather roots (having been told that you can - they are very bitter) but we lasted all of 48 hours before begging for some emergency rations. In the end we were given fire lighters as well because it rained so much that even following intructions no one could get a fire to light. It wasn't even the haven of peace that you might imagine - RAF planes screeched overhead several times a day.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skydive and bungee jump, but I'm up for suggestions that don't involve travelling for weeks or months
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I don't consider myself that adventurous, but when I look back at the things I have done maybe I was more adventurous than I always thought I was.

When at school I used to go every summer to an outdoor adventure camp the school organised, back in the late 70s and early 80s before it got all risk assessment and health and safety. We would do canoeing, zip wires across gorges (no safety harness, just leather straps around our wrists), orienteering, rock climbing and stuff like that.

Since leaving school I've done:

Two charity parachute drops.
    A bunjee jump.
    White water rafting on the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon.
    Parasailing.
    Helicopter ride from Vegas to the Grand Canyon, lunch at the bottom of the Canyon and then back on the helicopter again (to impress an American girlie I was dating at the time, cost me a pretty penny).
    A balloon ride in the desert in Arizona.
    A half day on a shooting range in Texas.

I am more adventurous than I though.
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Posted in chatter...
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Jumped from 35ft in to the sea when I was 11 years old.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having sex behind the counter at a video shop I worked in. The door was locked but the lights were on :blush:

Having a child (not as a result of the above, I hasten to add :D)
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Umm, I ate an After Eight at 7:45 once :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the time I ran into an adventure playground while shouting "ADVENTURE!!!", with an adventurous expression on my face.
  • Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stepped on the cracks.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    As opposed to having done a fair few things in life, probably the most adventurous was scaling Crib Goch without falling to my death.

Grib Goch Knife edge,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Mmik5HYCI

Do not watch the above if you are scared of heights or steep drops. It was cloudy/foggy on the day I did it, as there is no way I could have traversed the ridge if I had been able to see the ground. Vid contains some graphic references and swearing.