Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »
    Who is that Barry Scott anyway?
    Cillit Bang.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Go Compare one which I keep thinking is 118118 as it has the same bloke in it, it really is bloody annoying now.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long before that Tainted Love Weatherfield /Emmerdale ad disappears?

The awful twee singing, as is the fashion on so many ads these days.
    The original Gloria Jones version is 100 times better, or even Soft Cell's version.

Go away all these twee, lazy voiced girl singers.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member

The original Gloria Jones version is 100 times better, or even Soft Cell's version.

Couldn't agree more, wanna tell these rubbish twee singers to grow up fgs.
    Most probably sung by women approaching their 30s.
    Not sure what the ad execs obsession with these childish singers/covers are - everyone I know seems to find those ads dreadful cus of the irritating music.
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, wanna tell these rubbish twee singers to grow up fgs.
    Most probably sung by women approaching their 30s.
    Not sure what the ad execs obsession with these childish singers/covers are - everyone I know seems to find those ads dreadful cus of the irritating music.

On a similar note, the obsession with having kids in adverts is getting tiresome. As someone who really doesn't like children it doesn't make me more inclined to use their product. Especially the AWFUL Andrex ad. "I feel as clean as a washed potato" - that's not "cute" or "funny", it's cringeworthy and quite revolting.
  • TelenautTelenaut Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    On a similar note, the obsession with having kids in adverts is getting tiresome. As someone who really doesn't like children it doesn't make me more inclined to use their product. Especially the AWFUL Andrex ad. "I feel as clean as a washed potato" - that's not "cute" or "funny", it's cringeworthy and quite revolting.

Extreme sparkling shiny stars started to grate very quickly, as did the stupid Kinder Chocolate "teddy is very very not very well" rubbish.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Mummy, teddy is very very not very well."

Oh piss off you patronising ad! I have never heard young kids talk like that! >:(
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    The latest Persil ad - "keep away from children",

The latest Anchor ad - bloke swings a toddler upside down by its leg.
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I blame Dermot O Leary for popularising that shite sound
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Booking.dot.com or whatever it is, with that stupid flumpy woman flinging herself around. Hideous.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed.

On a separate note: Carol Smilie's back! In a shit advert!
  • Debb1eDebb1e Posts: 451
    Forum Member

Totally agree. And it annoys me the way she doesn't even sing the right words: "Take my tears and that's not many, oh" instead of "that's not nearly all"
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    I've seen a couple of adverts recently where there's a couple and the typically "average looking" boyfriend transforms into a hunk with muscles and chiselled cheekbones somehow. One was for a hotel website but I've forgotten what the other one was for. I am a woman and I find it annoying and a bit offensive, even if it's meant to be funny.
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    I know this is the Worst adverts thread, but I really like the Metcalf's Topcorn advert. I like the music and the way the dancers dance and the way the girl explodes. :)

I also like that advert :)
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    The Kinder ad has to be the very worst on TV at the moment. I really can't stand precocious children.
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Oh, and the one for the breakfast bars with the woman hanging in mid-air ?Go bars? awful, just awful.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    piggypug wrote: »
    I've seen a couple of adverts recently where there's a couple and the typically "average looking" boyfriend transforms into a hunk with muscles and chiselled cheekbones somehow. One was for a hotel website but I've forgotten what the other one was for. I am a woman and I find it annoying and a bit offensive, even if it's meant to be funny.

it's the same company (booking.com) mentioned a few posts above.
    They have a couple of different ones at the moment.

Any advert that has some kind of "quirky" character is annoying like that job searching one with the guy dressed as a superhero or the awful Dreams beds one with the wierdo shouting "Give me more!!" or Go Compare with the opera singer.

You can imagine the people who come up with these adverts think these characters are absolutely hilarious when in fact they're just incredibly irritating.
  • molyeshamolyesha Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Is the waitress in this the same girl in the booking.com advert who starts to delude herself that her boyfriend's a hunk because he took her to a hotel with a swimming pool?

I wondered about that as well... I'm certain she's the one from that car-search site as well. The one where it says, 'You don't know what you're doing'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    National accident helpline underdog.co.uk this one really makes me want to smash my telly! Argh it's so annoying!😖😖😖
  • Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    "Whens'a Your Dolmio Day?"

Why is it considered perfectly OK to stereotype an Italian family like that?

If Mamma, Pappa, husband, wifey and the kids were Chinese, Indian, Pakistani or African there'd be an absolute outcry.....
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,765
    Forum Member
    That bladder control advert: "Do you have to rush to the toilet?"

Mind your own bloody business!>:(
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those Aunt Bessie's sponsor ads during The Chase. They are not funny! >:(
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    The carol smilie dishwasher cleaner ad. Its ridiculous.

The bloke says something like "you cant tell this from home but one of these has been using the cleaner and one hasnt and you can smell the difference".

Cue carol opening one and scrunching her nose up "eew that smells" and then opening the one right next to it "mmm fresh".

No! If you had an open stinky dishwasher and you smelt the open clean one next to it you would still smell the horrible smell! The dishwashers were right next to each other so surely the overpowering smell of rotten food and grease would be more dominant than the unsmelly one!

And if we cant tell at home then why show us!
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    And if we cant tell at home then why show us!
    Because we're expected to believe every darn thing they tell us in ads! :(
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Whens'a Your Dolmio Day?"

Why is it considered perfectly OK to stereotype an Italian family like that?

If Mamma, Pappa, husband, wifey and the kids were Chinese, Indian, Pakistani or African there'd be an absolute outcry.....

Did it also used to say made in Holland in the bottom left corner as well. Or was that the Ragu muck ?

I hate the little shouty cocky git on the come to Blackpool advert, referring to his family by their first names.
This discussion has been closed.