Lee Mead

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watching Casualty and have never seen such a bizarre hairdo as that of Lee Mead. It doesn't look right at all and makes him look like he's just escaped from some institution.

Always did wonder what Denise Van Outen saw in him.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, the majority would ask what the hell he saw in her.
  • LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »

You beat me to it Downtonfan :)

He seems like a lovely guy and I could quite easily look past a hairstyle to see the person underneath.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Glad i'm not "the majority" then ..
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member

That would work on Kerry Katona.
  • jjrussjjruss Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Just watching Casualty and have never seen such a bizarre hairdo as that of Lee Mead. It doesn't look right at all and makes him look like he's just escaped from some institution.

I have natural curls, does that mean I should also be in an institution? >:(
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjruss wrote: »
    I have natural curls, does that mean I should also be in an institution? >:(

I have to say, I find it really bizarre that someone is being criticised for having naturally curly hair and keeping it natural! Perhaps he should straighten it, get extentions and get a tango tan! *rolleyes*
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Mead's hair/style is similar to Stephan Mangan's. But both have good and bad hair days just like the rest of us!
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem with his luscious locks... But his acting is woeful.
  • Tanith PanicTanith Panic Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He may not be RSC standard, but then is anybody on Casualty that good an actor?
  • icequeenicequeen Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep thinking hes going to burst into song on Casualty. Any guitar etc in sight and I start to become worried.....
  • delazarousdelazarous Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting! Did you do a poll then?
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One does not see a lot of men with curly hair, it suits him, IMO, he looks nice. I googled a few pictures of him in Casualty and I liked it.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    This!
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    When he was on the ALW show auditioning for the part of Joseph I did have a soft spot for him.:D I thought he was lovely...gorgeous smile.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »

PMSL :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    icequeen wrote: »
    I keep thinking hes going to burst into song on Casualty. Any guitar etc in sight and I start to become worried.....

:D:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delazarous wrote: »
    Interesting! Did you do a poll then?

Yes, I did. And the results went a bit like this:

Who thinks Lee Mead is better off without Denise Van Whatsherface?
    A whopping 98.8 % said he was way better off. The rest didn't know who either if them was.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit to being surprised he is in Casualty on a permanent basis. His acting is adequate but can't see him progressing beyond a show like this. Do we know why he is not doing musical theatre or indeed music in general?
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Must admit to being surprised he is in Casualty on a permanent basis. His acting is adequate but can't see him progressing beyond a show like this. Do we know why he is not doing musical theatre or indeed music in general?

He's not doing musical theatre at the moment because he's got the role in Casualty and wants to concentrate on that for now. He's continuing with his music (he's been doing gigs over the last few months and is planning a bigger tour and another album for next year).
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He may not be RSC standard, but then is anybody on Casualty that good an actor?

They used to be :(

Claire Goose and Jonathan Kerrigan. Legends.

Tbf the longest serving member of the cast (Derek Thompson) is one of the laziest/worst actors in the show. And we all love Charlie :)

I think Lee's main issue at the moment is that Lofty is not being written especially well and he isn't being given much to do which integrates him with the rest of the cast. He sort of hangs around in the background without much interaction with anybody. If they fix that, he might have a better reaction from the audience.

I don't think the haircut's great at the moment but hey-ho. Mine's split to f*ck so what would I know?
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he's a better actor than that dreadful, cringeworthy advert for Liberte yog his ex-wife is shilling. She even looks semi-horrified to be in it! Lol...
  • delazarousdelazarous Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I did. And the results went a bit like this:

Who thinks Lee Mead is better off without Denise Van Whatsherface?
    A whopping 98.8 % said he was way better off. The rest didn't know who either if them was.
    You're confusing evidence with delusion :p
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems to have been used and spat out by DVO. I've always found her unsavoury, there's something grubby about her.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, he's got to keep on earning a living!

He seems nice enough, pretty quietly spoken, i.e. seemingly not Denise VO's type at all! It's a shame for him.

Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors but she doesn't seem to be the kind of person who will settle into a quiet, 2.4 children scenario.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've loved Lee since voting for him to win Joseph. I love seeing him in Casualty every week :)