Do James & Audley have previous competitiveness RE Strictly

LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just read that Audley was on Strictly Come Dancing a couple of years ago, whilst James was on the show. Now I've never watched it but were they in competition with one another/couple wise or whatever?

Just wondering because BB have chosen them two to go head to head for this upcoming 'divide'. Obviously they don't really get on but is that because of strictly?

I dunno, not a conspiracy theory or anything haha. It's just Audley has mentioned the past with Frank but nothing about James. They must've known one another on that show?

Comments

• Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Of course they were in competition.

They weren't dancing together as a couple :D:D:D

Can you imagine that?:)
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh Penny, now I've dribbled my tea LOL!

I now have visions in my head.

:)
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Only in the sense that they were both in the show and it is organised as a knock out competition ( 50/50 judges/public vote). Generally though it seems a pretty friendly show. Ballroom dancing is fiercely competitive but although there is some competitiveness between the professional dancers, who all want to win, it tends not to extend to the celebs.

Audley wasn't bad. Claire has been on too BTW.
    Forum Member

LOL :D
    Forum Member
    Thinking more about the question OP, I suspect they didn't have a lot of contact. Audley came 9th which means he went out at the end of the 7th week of the broadcast shows. I believe there are 3 weeks training before the first show goes live.

But the couples train in separate studios, sometimes miles apart around the country. So they would only be all together on Friday evening for rehearsals and Saturdays (and the Sunday results show if you want to play that game of make believe. :)) and maybe if they happen to be on the same day on the spin off show.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the clip Penny. Watching that reminds me why I struggled to remember him. He wasn't good looking back then, but HE IS now. How did that happen? :)
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the clip Penny. Watching that reminds me why I struggled to remember him. He wasn't good looking back then, but HE IS now. How did that happen? :)

I thought the same - looks like he's lost a bit of weight.

Like a fine wine - he's improved with age maybe.
  • jaybee2jaybee2 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His face looks much fuller there.
    Forum Member
    jaybee2 wrote: »
    His face looks much fuller there.

Yes it does. I prefer the more chiselled Audley.
  • jaybee2jaybee2 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it does. I prefer the more chiselled Audley.

Yes, it suits him well, so my eyes keep telling me!
  • LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking more about the question OP, I suspect they didn't have a lot of contact. Audley came 9th which means he went out at the end of the 7th week of the broadcast shows. I believe there are 3 weeks training before the first show goes live.

But the couples train in separate studios, sometimes miles apart around the country. So they would only be all together on Friday evening for rehearsals and Saturdays (and the Sunday results show if you want to play that game of make believe. :)) and maybe if they happen to be on the same day on the spin off show.

Oh thanks I get it now. I just assumed that all the contestants like stayed together, done their training, etc all in the same place. Now I'm guessing they've obviously been in contact but nothing so much how I though.