Carole Malone

Comments

• icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsBambi wrote: »
    Well that's a bit rich considering the old cow herself used to be a chubber. I thought Emma looked beautiful - normal sized and glowing. She's my fave Spice.

completely agree.

odious old moo.

moron indeed lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icanboogie wrote: »
    completely agree.

odious old moo.

moron indeed lol.

She's probably obsessed by what other people weigh, and no doubt derives no joy from eating, counting every calorie and every morsel she shoves into her fat gob. What makes me laugh is that she's hardly skin and bones herself now!
  • caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angelsbaby wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I'm afraid that I have to agree with her comments on George Best. Yes he was a great footballer and a hero but his behaviour in the latter years of his life was anything but heroic.

I am fed up hearing that alcoholism is a disease - no diabetes is a disease, lung cancer is a disease, being an alcoholic is a lifestyle choice. The actually substance of alcohol does not have addictive properties what is addictive is the perceived effects of it.

Tobacco and drugs like heroin are highly addicted substances but we never hear how smoking or heroin abuse are an disease!!!!

Anyone who has spent time with an alcoholic will tell you that they are as Carole Malone stated very selfish who but their own needs before that of their family. Also many people with liver failure that has not been caused by alcohol abuse die in this country waiting for a liver transplant. Think of their families who watched a man not only wear out one liver but was given the gift of doing it twice while their relative through no fault of their own never got that chance.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. Talk about being fed up of hearing it...my father was off alcohol for seven years and then last year started again and up until now still hasn't stopped. I will not for one second let anyone tell me that i am ignorant when i know what i and my family have went through in this last year. Alcoholics are abusive, destructive and take advantage of people's kindness.
    Nothing is ever that black and white - people are allowed to make mistakes in their life. It's not a case of 'being given a second chance' - that's not for us to decide. I must say that there are some fairly ignorant comments as far as transplantation goes - nobody is put at the bottom of the list - there isn't a list as such, the correct term is a 'pool'. While it is true to say that there are some factors such as lifestyle which might influence who would receive an organ, the main factors which are taken into account are whether the tissue type of the recipient and the tissue type of the donor correspond on a six-point scale, and most importantly, how ill the person is. None of us know how sick George Best was when he received his liver - he may have been near death. He was not obliged to divulge his medical records to the general public, so speculation is rather futile.

I have had three alcoholics in my family that I know of - two fo them are dead, and one is living, though I doubt she has much of a life. However, I would hope that if she were in need of any medical treatment, her mental problem would not prohibit her from being treated fairly. Believe me, she does not choose to drink, nor does she choose to behave in the destructive way which upsets my family.

This is going off-topic, though.

I do feel for you having to go through the situation more than once, but honestly its a bit rich to call people ignorant just because they don't have 'sympathy' for alcoholics. Its unfortunate, but i am not fooled for one second into thinking that any alcoholic deserves my sympathy. If i see someone try i think the world of them. But i will not give my sympathy to any person who puts their family through hell and then tries to pass it off as an illness. Cancer is an illness...alcolholism is only an illness to those who are too weak to admit that they are doing something wrong.

As for Carol Malone's latest comments, what a terrible thing to say. No woman asks to be raped...and regardless of attire worn no man should think they can do what they want. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caren197 wrote: »
    I agree with this whole-heartedly. Talk about being fed up of hearing it...my father was off alcohol for seven years and then last year started again and up until now still hasn't stopped. I will not for one second let anyone tell me that i am ignorant when i know what i and my family have went through in this last year. Alcoholics are abusive, destructive and take advantage of people's kindness.

I do feel for you having to go through the situation more than once, but honestly its a bit rich to call people ignorant just because they don't have 'sympathy' for alcoholics. Its unfortunate, but i am not fooled for one second into thinking that any alcoholic deserves my sympathy. If i see someone try i think the world of them. But i will not give my sympathy to any person who puts their family through hell and then tries to pass it off as an illness. Cancer is an illness...alcolholism is only an illness to those who are too weak to admit that they are doing something wrong.

As for Carol Malone's latest comments, what a terrible thing to say. No woman asks to be raped...and regardless of attire worn no man should think they can do what they want. :mad:

If you had read my post on page 1 correctly, you would notice that it is not a lack of sympathy for alcoholics that I find ignorant, it is people who refuse to recognise alcoholism an an illness that I find ignorant, as though they can simply stop whenever they like. I certainly didn't deny that the behaviour displayed by alcoholics is vile - abusive, selfish, mean-spirited, and ungrateful. I am sorry for what you are going through with your father.

Nobody would expect you to have sympathy with your father - to be honest, I have little sympathy for my aunt - she has treated my grandparents in a disgusting manner. However, I think what I was getting at was not that we have to 'like' alcoholics, but more that we mustn't deny them basic human rights, which surely must include a right to live. Them having what is absolutely a mental illness over which they have little control should not prohibit them from this.

As for Carole Malone's attrocious comments about rape - I'm disgusted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I happen to be in the minority but I agree mostly with what Carol says. She talks a lot of sense and the people slating her should read her column in the NOW every Sunday. She talks sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEACONFAN wrote: »
    I happen to be in the minority but I agree mostly with what Carol says. She talks a lot of sense and the people slating her should read her column in the NOW every Sunday. She talks sense.

So you agree with her that if women dress in a provocative manner they are asking to be raped? Thanks, but I'd rather not read mindless drivel like this.
  • caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you had read my post on page 1 correctly, you would notice that it is not a lack of sympathy for alcoholics that I find ignorant, it is people who refuse to recognise alcoholism an an illness that I find ignorant, as though they can simply stop whenever they like. I certainly didn't deny that the behaviour displayed by alcoholics is vile - abusive, selfish, mean-spirited, and ungrateful. I am sorry for what you are going through with your father.

Nobody would expect you to have sympathy with your father - to be honest, I have little sympathy for my aunt - she has treated my grandparents in a disgusting manner. However, I think what I was getting at was not that we have to 'like' alcoholics, but more that we mustn't deny them basic human rights, which surely must include a right to live. Them having what is absolutely a mental illness over which they have little control should not prohibit them from this.

As for Carole Malone's attrocious comments about rape - I'm disgusted.

I understand that, but i disagree. These people go on drinking knowing that it will eventually lead to death, if someone continues down a destrcutive path i find it hard to believe that they deserve that. They obviously have no respect for their own lives so why should they be given the chance over someone else who had led a happy and healthy life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caren197 wrote: »
    I understand that, but i disagree. These people go on drinking knowing that it will eventually lead to death, if someone continues down a destrcutive path i find it hard to believe that they deserve that. They obviously have no respect for their own lives so why should they be given the chance over someone else who had led a happy and healthy life.

They have little or no control over their mental illness - they are not deliberately destroying themselves. It's the same as a smoker continuing to smoke (although their behaviour is far less selfish and abhorrent) - they know it is destroying their body, and many desperately want to stop but can't. Would you deny someone who smoked heart surgery because they 'don't deserve it as much'? The idea of a welfare state is that everyone deserves equal treatment, regardless of their behaviour. Don't get me started on the fact that the Government pay lip service to the quit smoking campaign, but are more than happy to take vast amounts of tax from cigarettes..

As I have said before, transplantation is never as black and white as helping one person over another - there are many, many factors to take into consideration: age, weight, lifestyle, overall health etc etc - however, if a doctor has a strong overall conviction that a recipient could really progress with a transplant, these categories are only used as a guideline - they are not necessarily there to be strictly adhered to. Each case is judged on its own merit, and there is no set rule, since that could verge on quite dangerous territory. Mainly, it is the tissue typing that is taken into account, because if they get that wrong, the organ will fail instantly. As I have said before, for some alcoholics, a transplant could be the impetus they really need to stop drinking. If they are not given the chance of having a transplant, how are they to know whether they could have stopped drinking? The point is, we cannot write people off like this - they deserve a chance as much as anyone. Having a transplant is hardly a barrel of laughs - after someone has had a transplant, they will still never be as fit and healthy as someone whose organs function perfectly, and will eventually need another transplant, since no transplant organ lasts forever.

The fairest way of doing things as far as transplantation (or indeed medical treatment) goes, is to assume everyone is equal.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a nasty vicious old hag. I love how she makes comments about other people's weight when she's clearly overweight herself. Didn't she also get caught out for lying about her age once?

She only changed her opinion on Jade and the other CBB bullies when she left the house and saw the press and public anger she changed her mind, then changed it back again when Jade was dying:rolleyes::yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a nasty vicious old hag. I love how she makes comments about other people's weight when she's clearly overweight herself. Didn't she also get caught out for lying about her age once?

She only changed her opinion on Jade and the other CBB bullies when she left the house and saw the press and public anger she changed her mind, then changed it back again when Jade was dying:rolleyes::yawn:

Too right - nasty hypocrite. Her face looks as though it's melted.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    DEACONFAN wrote: »

And a helluva lot of it is twaddle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fringo wrote: »
    And a helluva lot of it is twaddle.

i.e. women deserve to be raped unless they dress like a Victorian schoolmarm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read this - it's funny.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Read this - it's funny.

Brilliant!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read this - it's funny.

Ohhhh! Somebody doesn't like Carole then :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fringo wrote: »
    Brilliant!
    Ohhhh! Somebody doesn't like Carole then :D

Is that, ahem, picture of Carole from 'The Witches'?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that, ahem, picture of Carole from 'The Witches'?:D

That picture is Zelda from Terrahawks. A certain OATZ MM uses it as what Victoria Beckham will look like in another couple of years time! He's not gonna be happy that it's been pinched for Carole!! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That picture is Zelda from Terrahawks. A certain OATZ MM uses it as what Victoria Beckham will look like in another couple of years time! He's not gonna be happy that it's been pinched for Carole!! :p

Ah, I love OATZ:D He's actually pretty accurate!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I don't know about rape, but women who dress provocatively should expect attention from the opposite sex. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's women who blast a fella for looking at them when they're dressed as though they're at Ibiza.

I think it's a fair comment that if a woman dresses provocatively, men will look at her. Butwhat Carole Malone was saying is a whole different issue. No woman deserves to be raped because she is wearing provocative clothing. That is a totally different scenario from a man admiring a woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love him too. He cracks me up! :D
    I think it's a fair comment that if a woman dresses provocatively, men will look at her. Butwhat Carole Malone was saying is a whole different issue. No woman deserves to be raped because she is wearing provocative clothing. That is a totally different scenario from a man admiring a woman.

I agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member

Quite.

What a disgrace!!!!

......and if she hadn't already mentioned it, I would've said she reads DS! :D
    Forum Member
    I love him too. He cracks me up! :D

I agree.

Thank you ladies.

Now Zelda's been stolen, I shall just have to stick with Rameses.

http://nature-phenomena.blogspot.com/2008/04/dead-body-of-rameses-ii-egyptian.html

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OATZ MM wrote: »
    Thank you ladies.

Now Zelda's been stolen, I shall just have to stick with Rameses.

:D

I knew you wouldn't be very happy!
    Forum Member
    I knew you wouldn't be very happy!

I'm most distressed :(

Imagine the shock I had when up pops my Zelda - and worse - she's used for Ms Malone when for all these years, I've had her cornered for a future Mrs Beckham!!!!
  • hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks ill to me.

She was on This Morning and the AT Show today and she seems to have lost a lot of weight.

Scraggy around the neck, the lines over the top lip, and much thinner face than what she used to have.