Options

pregnancy - did you enjoy it?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it! Although I must say the last few weeks were rather uncomfortable - especially through the summer with my son who was born early September(daughter was a May baby - perfect timing!). I think you're due about the same time yes? So a hot summer will be difficult for you.

As for the outcome - I'm not a baby person but yep...the end result is so worth it. :D
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I loved being pregnant, both times. They did have their share of problems, gestational diabetis and pre-eclampsia but they were mostly in the last trimester.
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    :)

The weird thing is, and I promise you that this will happen, when the baby is born you will miss it. I think with every single one of mine I woke up several times in a panic because I couldn't feel them inside of me, I didn't get the usual response from stroking or patting my stomach.

I still miss lying in the bath watching my stomach contort with my baby moving around, especially my first, she used to move more in the bath than at any other time. That was 'our' time lol.
  • Options
    MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love being pregnant (5 times).

Its so exciting wondering if it will be a boy or girl, feeling it kick, having scans and seeing the baby for the first time, hearing the heartbeat, buying clothes etc etc.

Obviously the morning sickness is awful, but can be useful if you fancy a day off work, and the last couple of months are pretty tiring, the never-ending heartburn, back ache etc can take the edge off a bit, but at the end of the day, its a bloody miracle!

However, I was so tired when I had my last baby, I slept through most of it. Was working 30 hours a week, and my other half was based in Germany so I was looking after the other 4 kids on my own and by the time I started maternity leave, all I could do was get them to school, then sleep till 3pm, feed them and as soon as they were in bed, so was I. That was a pretty miserable existance tbh, but overall ........ I'd definately do it again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    Make the most of getting to know your baby's personality, play with it, wonder at how it settles better at some times than others (one of mine hated me sitting down but would settle when I stood and swayed). Those are the bits that you'll remember :)

admittedly that is the one part i actually do enjoy! the first time i felt movement was pretty amazing, i nearly fell off the bed in shock :D and my boyfriend works nights, which is when the baby moves around most so its nice to know i'm not on my own at night, though a shame my boyfriend misses a lot of it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shute wrote: »
    I loved it! Although I must say the last few weeks were rather uncomfortable - especially through the summer with my son who was born early September(daughter was a May baby - perfect timing!). I think you're due about the same time yes? So a hot summer will be difficult for you.

As for the outcome - I'm not a baby person but yep...the end result is so worth it. :D

oh god i'm hoping for rain this year :D i'm due right at the end of the july so realistically speaking it could be mid-august by the time i pop, i'm praying for a crap summer this year! sorry to all the non pregnant people my rain dance may upset ;)
  • Options
    InsideKnowledgeInsideKnowledge Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    I didn't mind it but the wife was forever grumbling about it
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved knowing that my babies were growing inside me, but hated everything else about being pregnant.

Felt ill the whole time I was pregnant with my first - not sick, just ill -and I miscarried at about 12 weeks.

2nd time was twins, which my tiny little body didn't cope with very well, causing lots of problems. Plus I had lots of scares, threatened miscarriages, my dad died, so psychologically, I was a wreck by the time they arrived 2 months early.

3rd time I thought would be easier as it was a single pregnancy, but I had lots of problems, threats etc again plus OH started shagging someone at work :rolleyes:

Having said all that, I have 3 gorgeous kids and they were definitely worth all the stretch marks, angst and pain. But I'm relieved I won't be doing any of it again. :D

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy OP :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hobbes1966 wrote: »
    I still miss lying in the bath watching my stomach contort with my baby moving around, especially my first, she used to move more in the bath than at any other time. That was 'our' time lol.

I used to do that too, lying in the bath watching my twins, I used to sing "Two little boys...." :D
  • Options
    ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    I used to do that too, lying in the bath watching my twins, I used to sing "Two little boys...." :D

isn't that a bit of a depressing song?
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Đirona wrote: »

I still well up when I hear that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    I still well up when I hear that.

crikey! so do i! have you seen the short animation film 'the piano'?

:cry:
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    crikey! so do i! have you seen the short animation film 'the piano'?

:cry:

No. Is that going to make me cry also?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    No. Is that going to make me cry also?

probably not but it reminds me of the song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I only sang the toys bit, not the war bit!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am 39 weeks now

Sure ive had scares at the start, niggles in the middle ie back ache and now am near end constant pushing on my bladder ive enjoyed being pregnant

I like being able to wear what i want
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't have any adverse symptoms at all except a little fatigue. Was never so calm and happy in my whole life.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    god i feel a bit crap moaning now! i stopped being sick at 14 weeks, which lasted til about 19 weeks, and then started up again (still going), but then a lot of it is just the feeling sick, and i'm not sick constantly, only a couple of times a day and some days not at all. but thats really reassuring that he was the biggest of your babies, i have worried that mine might be getting hungry seeing as i sick up his dinner all the time!

He was 8lb 4oz and now he's 17 and six foot three.:eek:

All my others were at or close to 6lb 7oz and No 4 was only 5lb 4oz.

So a bit of a monster baby all round. They do say feeling really sick is a good sign as it means you've got plenty of the right hormones, much lower chance of miscarriage. I felt sick lioterallly all day every day, and all night and I was still working full time at that point, too.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 13 weeks pregnant with my fourth baby, i am another one who likes 2nd trimester so i'm hoping the awful tiredness is going away soon and i can enjoy being pregnant again!

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the first 2½ minutes... when I was involved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Ok the first time, although I wouldn't say loved it.

Second time was horrible as I had severe sickness and then SPD, all while trying to manage an under two.

Yes, agree with that. First pregnancy I was still working and could put my feet up a bit. Second pregnancy I had a manically energetic and demanding one year old who never seemed to need any sleep.
  • Options
    birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just adored being pregnant. I had no problems whatsoever and I felt fit and well throughout despite ballooning to the size of an elephant.

Giving birth was another matter. The first one was a nightmare and my daughter and I were lucky to survive, so i guess it's swings and roundabouts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    birdsong wrote: »
    Giving birth was another matter. The first one was a nightmare and my daughter and I were lucky to survive, so i guess it's swings and roundabouts.
    No wonder. Everybody knows it's safer to give birth at the top of the slide or in the sand pit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, hated it. As a friend of mine has said, technology has moved on so can't we have pods to grow them in?!
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had 4 babies and all my pregnancies were a doddle. No sickness at all, other than a brief occasion during each one when I fainted and was sick. Heartburn was uncomfortable during the last couple of months.

For the record all the births were a doddle too, I had trouble with the third birth about 2 weeks afterwards when I was bleeding too heavily, but a dose of oxytocin soon stopped that. All babies were born healthy and are now adults!