Options

Muse records Official London 2012 Song

andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
Forum Member
It's been announced today that Muse have recorded the official London 2012 song 'Survivor' and it will get it's first play tonight at 7.30pm on Radio1.

From Muse website:
We are very excited to announce that a Muse song, Survival, has been selected by the London Olympic committee to be the main official song for the London 2012 Olympic Games. Matt wrote the song with the Olympics in mind. It's about total conviction and pure determination to win.

The song will be played throughout the Games including when athletes enter the stadium, in the lead up to the medal ceremony and also as the theme for all international TV coverage. The worldwide radio exclusive will be tonight on BBC Radio 1 around 19:30 and will be available to buy on iTunes and in the muse.mu store immediately afterwards.

We are honoured that the Olympics have chosen our song to officially represent the London 2012 Olympic Games across the globe.

Comments

• Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds awful. As far as I was aware, the official song for London 2012 is, was and always will be Heather Small's 'Proud'.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like it on first listen but then I like Muse anyway.

It's nice for a change that the official song is a rock song. Normally these thing are bland & middle of the road. Thankfully we have been spared some dirge of a ballad by the likes of Leona Lewizzz!!
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is the first of 5 official songs, so maybe the next four will be better. I really wanted to like it, and really thought I would, but I just can't get into it.
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does nothing for me either I'm afraid.

Liked some of what they've done previously, just not this.
  • Options
    shuraloveshuralove Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Die hard Muse fan and i really love this - encompasses what I love about them - mainy Matt's voice, the guitars, the rhythm, the sheer epicness of the sound. But I can imagine to those unfamiliar with them, it sounds just ridiculous and OTT.

Pleasantly surprised that the organisers chose such a way out there as the offical track.
  • Options
    Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shuralove wrote: »
    Die hard Muse fan and i really love this - encompasses what I love about them - mainy Matt's voice, the guitars, the rhythm, the sheer epicness of the sound. But I can imagine to those unfamiliar with them, it sounds just ridiculous and OTT.

Pleasantly surprised that the organisers chose such a way out there as the offical track.

This is the music they will play at every medal ceremony. It's a real grower.

As for the other 4 songs they will be played during breaks in play an Olympic first. For example a heritage style tune for tennis to real heavy for bmx biking.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be a grower. I didn't like it much at first but I'm sure when we've heard it loads of times then we'll all be humming it.
  • Options
    Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song is awesome. Here it is in full. It's fresh new and will light up the Stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzVeuzbMf0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's FANTASTIC!!!!! .........and miles better than the Olympic logo.;)