Options

Back to Camelot, now with added Mackenzie Crook, Merlin S2 discussion, (6/4/2013)

Comments

• Options
    Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smint wrote: »
    You carry on . . . I have PLENTY to be getting on with

Over to you then! :D

Nah I've read your next installment and I could never write anything like that. I'll just have to write my own story with Gwaine/Merlin/Arthur/whoever else and he can stay out of the M/M slash in this one (until you change your mind ;)).
  • Options
    SmintSmint Posts: 4,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah I've read your next installment and I could never write anything like that. I'll just have to write my own story with Gwaine/Merlin/Arthur/whoever else and he can stay out of the M/M slash in this one (until you change your mind ;)).

:D

You'll be waiting a mighty long time then, cos this girl's not for turning Gwaine ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone! Good to be back! I still haven't seen the last 2 episodes of series 1, I'm so behind! I will get on it...
    Plus I want to read all your comments, my, you've all been quite verbose!
    We had a great time last week on vacation, we saw almost all the sites of Merlin filming plus some other castles and towns. Ah, reminiscing! Thanks again Star for the insider tips! We went to Stonehenge, Glastonbury, Raglan Castle, Puzzlewood, Clearwell Caves, Cannop Ponds, Chepshow Castle, Bristol. Wandered around Wales and England a bit. Convinced my husband to stop off at Clarks Village... got shoes! :p Caerphilly Castle was closed that week. :mad: Puzzlewood is really very magical, I've never seen anything like it. Puzzlewood, Clearwell Caves and Cannop Ponds were close to our Dome Garden accommodations in the Forest of Dean which was a real experience. The owner is an architect who has come up with many different variations on the dome idea, I can recommend it, just not in winter! The newest dome has underfloor heating provided by the stove! Unfortunately, ours didn't, we were challenged each evening to get the fire going (well, 2 fires, one for the dome and one for the hot water/bathroom) and get our glorified tent warm starting off with freezing temperatures. We had arrived to snow on our dome! Somedays we woke up and it was snowing again! Not for the faint of heart! Of course, the fire would go out while we were sleeping so in the morning we had about the same freezing temps inside as out! :eek: Somehow we managed not to get sick. I think it was the full English breakfasts and lots of tea! I had brought a big thermos and made tea to take everywhere! Still, we had a great time but I wouldn't do that again in such cold weather. Oh, and finally experienced a real creamed tea with homemade scones in Glastonbury! Yum! :)
  • Options
    Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Violamagic wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Good to be back! I still haven't seen the last 2 episodes of series 1, I'm so behind! I will get on it...
    Plus I want to read all your comments, my, you've all been quite verbose!
    We had a great time last week on vacation, we saw almost all the sites of Merlin filming plus some other castles and towns. Ah, reminiscing! Thanks again Star for the insider tips! We went to Stonehenge, Glastonbury, Raglan Castle, Puzzlewood, Clearwell Caves, Cannop Ponds, Chepshow Castle, Bristol. Wandered around Wales and England a bit. Convinced my husband to stop off at Clarks Village... got shoes! :p Caerphilly Castle was closed that week. :mad: Puzzlewood is really very magical, I've never seen anything like it. Puzzlewood, Clearwell Caves and Cannop Ponds were close to our Dome Garden accommodations in the Forest of Dean which was a real experience. The owner is an architect who has come up with many different variations on the dome idea, I can recommend it, just not in winter! The newest dome has underfloor heating provided by the stove! Unfortunately, ours didn't, we were challenged each evening to get the fire going (well, 2 fires, one for the dome and one for the hot water/bathroom) and get our glorified tent warm starting off with freezing temperatures. We had arrived to snow on our dome! Somedays we woke up and it was snowing again! Not for the faint of heart! Of course, the fire would go out while we were sleeping so in the morning we had about the same freezing temps inside as out! :eek: Somehow we managed not to get sick. I think it was the full English breakfasts and lots of tea! I had brought a big thermos and made tea to take everywhere! Still, we had a great time but I wouldn't do that again in such cold weather. Oh, and finally experienced a real creamed tea with homemade scones in Glastonbury! Yum! :)

Hi again Viola. Replied in full to this on the S1 thread. Hope you see it. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Avi8 wrote: »
    Hi again Viola. Replied in full to this on the S1 thread. Hope you see it. :)

I did and replied back on the other thread. Just thought, if we had met for creamed tea I would have learned from you how it's properly done and not committed the horrible mistake of putting the clotted cream on the scone first! :eek: :o
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Viola, glad to hear you had such a lovely time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to double helpings of Merlin tonight with a starter of new Dr Who. Can't wait !
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to double helpings of Merlin tonight with a starter of new Dr Who. Can't wait !

Me too, I love 2x02.. one of my favourite episodes :D
  • Options
    NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Hooray for Merlin day! :D
  • Options
    SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Limps into thread with two things to complain about...* :eek:

Complaint No.1 - I've been stuck in the land of Sciatica all week and Morgana is beginning to moan that I can only manage 4-5 bouts of swordplay a night these days :o I hope she doesn't trade me in for a younger model :(

Complaint No.2 - I made the mistake of reading several pages of posts here about fanfic and got so fed up reading about it that I went looking for some to read myself...and I ended up reading for HOURS :D

PS: I've discovered I don't much like slash fiction but I'm hopelessly hooked on 'nice romantic things happen to Morgana' stories :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Complaint No.1 - I've been stuck in the land of Sciatica all week and Morgana is beginning to moan that I can only manage 4-5 bouts of swordplay a night these days :o I hope she doesn't trade me in for a younger model :(

Complaint No.2 - I made the mistake of reading several pages of posts here about fanfic and got so fed up reading about it that I went looking for some to read myself...and I ended up reading for HOURS :D

PS: I've discovered I don't much like slash fiction but I'm hopelessly hooked on 'nice romantic things happen to Morgana' stories :D

SIR STU!!!! *Runs and hugs him*

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

M'lady!!! *Spins ward round in his arms as a little tear of joy courses down his cheek* :D

'Tis my joy to see you fair one! :D Art thou well? :) Didst thou fear that Sir Stu had fallen in battle or deserted you at a time when Morgana needs us both more than ever? :eek: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M'lady!!! *Spins ward round in his arms as a little tear of joy courses down his cheek* :D

'Tis my joy to see you fair one! :D Art thou well? :) Didst thou fear that Sir Stu had fallen in battle or deserted you at a time when Morgana needs us both more than ever? :eek: :D

I did, I was so worried. I sent Aithusa out to look for you last night. Almost perswaded Arthur to send the entire royal guard out :eek: I went to see Morgana and she assured me that you'd return safe though, handy those seeress's huh ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*tries to get past Lady Star to speak with Sir Stu*

*gives up and just speaks around her*

Good afternoon Sir Stu! :) It's wonderful to see you back here, I was starting to worry at your prolonged absence. I thought perhaps Morgana had forgotten to unlock your chains after one of your evening "treats", but I didn't like to ask her, you know how touchy she can be about any implication that she's made a mistake.

Sorry to hear you've been stuck in such a horrid land. :( You've no need to worry about Morgana though, she was saying only yesterday at lunch with my lady how much pleasure she gets from your swordplay, and how much your experience shows through. It didn't sound like she had any desires for a younger model to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did, I was so worried. I sent Aithusa out to look for you last night. Almost perswaded Arthur to send the entire royal guard out :eek: I went to see Morgana and she assured me that you'd return safe though, handy those seeress's huh ;)

*Looks ruefully at singed hair and blackened seat of trousers that both came courtesy of Aithusa* :D

Thank you for sending Aithusa :) She found me shut away in the library reading fluffy Morgana stories and decided to get my attention by setting me alight :D

She's such a treasure that I'm trying to persuade Morgana to have her placed exclusively under your care so she gets the best of everything and I don't get roasted one tiny piece at a time :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    *tries to get past Lady Star to speak with Sir Stu*

*gives up and just speaks around her*

Good afternoon Sir Stu! :) It's wonderful to see you back here, I was starting to worry at your prolonged absence. I thought perhaps Morgana had forgotten to unlock your chains after one of your evening "treats", but I didn't like to ask her, you know how touchy she can be about any implication that she's made a mistake.

Sorry to hear you've been stuck in such a horrid land. :( You've no need to worry about Morgana though, she was saying only yesterday at lunch with my lady how much pleasure she gets from your swordplay, and how much your experience shows through. It didn't sound like she had any desires for a younger model to me.

*Spots the delightful Natarhi and is halted in rebuking her for interrupting her mistress by her mischievous sparkling eyes that are worth dying a thousand gruesome deaths just to admire for a few fleeting moments* :D

Good Evening Natarhi :)

I hope during my absence you haven't wavered from your commitment to saving fallen knights and improving your own sword handling techniques? :) I don't want to go on about it but I believe you have a natural flair for sword handling and I'd hate to see such talent squandered :(:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Hello Viola, glad to hear you had such a lovely time.

Thanks Cadiva, and now it's good to be back to a warm house! Looking forward to tonight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Spots the delightful Natarhi and is halted in rebuking her for interrupting her mistress by her mischievous sparkling eyes that are worth dying a thousand gruesome deaths just to admire for a few fleeting moments* :D

Good Evening Natarhi :)

I hope during my absence you haven't wavered from your commitment to saving fallen knights and improving your own sword handling techniques? :) I don't want to go on about it but I believe you have a natural flair for sword handling and I'd hate to see such talent squandered :(:D
    *swoons* :o:D

My commitment to mastering sword handling is as strong as ever my good sir. I practice whenever the opportunity arises. :D And it would seem you are not alone in wanting to encourage my talents, several of the knights have taken to insisting that I handle their swords whenever they are in the same room as me. :) Sir Leon and Sir Gwaine also feel that I should further practice my sword swinging technique and kindly let me use their swords in private sessions. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member

Mine too can't wait !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, it's nearly Merlin time! :D Here is the new drinking list for anyone who wants to get ready:

The Merlin Rewatch Drinking Game! The Series 2 edition!
    Drink every time:
    *Someone mentions Merlin and/or Arthur's destiny
    *The guards fail at guarding
    *Uther blames magic/sorcery
    *There is (Arthur) Shirtlessness!
    *Arthur and Merlin call each other names
    *Morgana changes her outfit
    *Gwen tells Arthur off
    *Arthur pouts over Gwen
    *Merlin uses magic to save Arthur
    *(Overly) dramatic music plays
    *Warning bells are sounded
    *Gaius says "Sossery"

As it's a double bill again I once more propose we drink double in honour of it. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    *swoons* :o:D

My commitment to mastering sword handling is as strong as ever my good sir. I practice whenever the opportunity arises. :D And it would seem you are not alone in wanting to encourage my talents, several of the knights have taken to insisting that I handle their swords whenever they are in the same room as me. :) Sir Leon and Sir Gwaine also feel that I should further practice my sword swinging technique and kindly let me use their swords in private sessions. :)

It's obviously a reflection of your growing skill with a sword that so many knights are more than happy for you to handle their blades and I'm glad that Leon and Gwaine in particular have taken a personal interest in your development :) They're both nice guys and they've both been rather good to Morgana in the last couple of fanfics I've read :D

*Leans closer to beauteous maid and whispers so that sensitive ward doesn't hear and get worried about him* :D

I've been having those recurring nightmares again about something so horrible that I won't describe it in detail and will say nothing more about it other than that it's called S5 *shudders* and it's not very nice at all *shudders again* :( That's why I've spent so much time this week burying myself in alternative happy endings in the hope that by the time I've read a thousand or so I'll be happier :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son has just come to tell me, according to the tv listings, they are showing S2 E2 before S2 E1. That can't be right can it? :eek:
  • Options
    SmintSmint Posts: 4,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avi8 wrote: »
    My son has just come to tell me, according to the tv listings, they are showing S2 E2 before S2 E1. That can't be right can it? :eek:

Radio Times says:

7.00 1/13 The Curse of Cornelius Sigan

7.45 2/13 The Once and Future Queen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smint wrote: »
    Radio Times says:

7.00 1/13 The Curse of Cornelius Sigan

7.45 2/13 The Once and Future Queen

Spect our tv listings got it muddled. It wouldn't really matter I suppose, seeing them in the wrong order, but it would be bloody stupid broadcasting them in the wrong order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Looks ruefully at singed hair and blackened seat of trousers that both came courtesy of Aithusa* :D

Thank you for sending Aithusa :) She found me shut away in the library reading fluffy Morgana stories and decided to get my attention by setting me alight :D

She's such a treasure that I'm trying to persuade Morgana to have her placed exclusively under your care so she gets the best of everything and I don't get roasted one tiny piece at a time :D

Bad Aithusa! I told her to simply check you were ok, not turn you into a human BBQ :rolleyes:

I'd be more than happy to take full care of Aithusa but good luck parting Morgana from her. Maybe we should continue our joint care of her otherwise I can see you getting torched by a sorceress instead :eek: