Do you sleep with a teddy bear

SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm 43 and yet still I sleep with a large teddy or gorilla in my case :eek: I cannot get out of this habit and feel it will continue to the day I die, I'm actually cuddling one now as I write this post :D:eek:

Comments

• BunionsBunions Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never....not even when it was age appropriate.

Does your OH think it's cute or weird?
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I do... It's the same teddy I've had since I was 2 days old although it's old clothing is long gone and it now wears one of my Mr's t-shirts, so it smells like having him in bed with me when he's not here.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I do, well it's always in my bed but sometimes I cuddle up with it as it can be very comforting.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the height of my depression yes I did sleep with a teddy as a comfort thing , but am ok at the moment so it has been put away
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    No but I tend to tuck one of my pillows under one arm which is probably a bit weirder.
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    There's nowt so queer as folk.
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I liked doing it when I was younger so I've never stopped, I'm 33 now and don't think I will be stopping either, it's a nice feeling. Don't see why there has to be a stigma against it, if it's something that people get comfort from then that is all good, even with a girlfriend we had teds in with us. I've also had cats sleeping with us or me oin my own as well, one was always on the pillow, don't have a cat now so it's just the ted.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does a blow up doll count?
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Does a blow up doll count?

It'd be a smart doll if it does.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    It'd be a smart doll if it does.

It's versatile :D
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    I'm 43 and yet still I sleep with a large teddy or gorilla in my case :eek: I cannot get out of this habit and feel it will continue to the day I die, I'm actually cuddling one now as I write this post :D:eek:

My teddy was falling apart by the time I was 7, and finally the head came off a little after that. Never had one since.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i never have.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sleep with my OH and the occasional cat or kid. I haven't actually got a teddy and I've never had a gorilla. 4 year old has a elephant though. It's pink with a blue trunk as it's trunk got damaged and I had to replace it.
  • Merkin ParadeMerkin Parade Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    Nope.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I get little enough room with the OH sprawled all over the place.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    I have a plush Freddie Krueger but i'm too much of a wuss to sleep with it next to me for obvious reasons... :D:blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »

Better than nothing I suppose.:p
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but I tend to tuck one of my pillows under one arm which is probably a bit weirder.

I cuddle a pillow at night. I call it my 'huggy pillow'.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I do. It gives me somewhere to put my top arm when i lay on my side.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I have one sat on the clothes drawer. He's all old and ripped but I don't have the heart to chuck him.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    At the height of my depression yes I did sleep with a teddy as a comfort thing , but am ok at the moment so it has been put away

Don't you feel just a little bit guilty at stuffing him away? He got you through a difficult time - it's a bit harsh to shove him in a drawer now you're feeling better isn't it?
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

My dad always buys me a new one every Christmas and I end up sleeping with it for a year.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dog is a good teddy substitute but he likes to sleep at the end of the bed, curled round my legs. I also sometimes sleep with a Freddy Kruger substitute- mostly plush but with little knives at the end of its toes- namely the cat. Knives activated to poke me in the face when it wants attention. A guinea pig (I have six) makes a handy (but leaky) hot water bottle in times of desperation.
  • LuckyyemLuckyyem Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I don't, I sleep with my husband, at least one child if not both and our cat usually sneaks in. But I do have to twiddle the label on my pillow and twiddle my hair whilst sucking the roof of my mouth - it drives my husband crazy!! When I'm tired, stressed or upset I twiddle my hair and suck the roof of my mouth which drives whoever is around me mad especially my dad :D
  • Merkin ParadeMerkin Parade Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    Don't you feel just a little bit guilty at stuffing him away? He got you through a difficult time - it's a bit harsh to shove him in a drawer now you're feeling better isn't it?

I'm sure the teddy bear won't mind