9300T recording schedule ghosts

snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've had a 9300T for many years now with no problems however in the last year or so I've noticed a problem with recordings which have been made remaining on the recording schedule after their time is up.

This can cause a problem as the total number of scheduled recordings is limited so if there are expired recordings in the schedule it will restrict your ability to set new recordings. I imagine they must get deleted eventually but it doesn't make sense that they are not deleted from the schedule once they have completed.

Any ideas on this?

Comments

• Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are these series link recordings by any chance? These aren't meant to be deleted, even when the series has completed.

Either way, just delete them manually.
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snoweyowl wrote: »
    I imagine they must get deleted eventually but it doesn't make sense that they are not deleted from the schedule once they have completed.
    the problem is (that as far as I know) the Freeview system has no means of signalling the end of a series so they are by default left in the recording schedule for 13 weeks before they are automatically expired.
  • coulrophobecoulrophobe Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    And, of course, it caters for breaks in the weekly schedule due to sports events etc.
  • snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the header post wasn't clear enough. These are recordings that have already been made but continue to be listed in the schedule. The schedule should only list those which are scheduled for the future seven days.

When I first noticed this problem it was because a new recording was rejected because the schedule was full (I think it's 24 max). When I checked it there were a mass of old recordings going back months in the past still listed in the schedule. Once they were deleted it was OK but the problem continues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snoweyowl wrote: »
    These are recordings that have already been made but continue to be listed in the schedule. The schedule should only list those which are scheduled for the future seven days.

When I first noticed this problem it was because a new recording was rejected because the schedule was full (I think it's 24 max). When I checked it there were a mass of old recordings going back months in the past still listed in the schedule. Once they were deleted it was OK but the problem continues.
    What you are seeing is exactly the way the device is designed to work within the limitations of the Freeview standards. The only work around is the one you are using which is to delete series recordings that YOU know have finished.
  • Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it really a problem?

When I series linked Frozen Planet on my Humax Fox T2, it remained in the schedule after the series ended so I manually deleted it. I rarely use series link, usually just click on the recording and set it to record every weekday or week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it really a problem?
    It isn't a problem on the HDR-FOX T2 because the number of series link schedule items is much higher than the 9200/9150/9300 but on those boxes it is (for us) a minor irritation.
  • Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't a problem on the HDR-FOX T2 because the number of series link schedule items is much higher than the 9200/9150/9300 but on those boxes it is (for us) a minor irritation.

In my 2 years of owning a 9300 I never once series linked a single programme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my 2 years of owning a 9300 I never once series linked a single programme.
    I would say that is a very unusual pattern of usage but each to their own.
  • snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've worked out what this is all about. What humax describe as a 'Recording Shedule' is actually a 'Recording Register' and there is a difference. A recording schedule should list all items to be recorded in the next week but it doesn't do that. What it does is list everything which has been seleceted for recording and only lists one item per entry.

The item listed is nominally the next item to be recorded, but where series link is concerned problems arise. Normally the listed item is replaced by the next episode but if there isn't another episode it continues to display the last, and by now, recorded episode. This leads to historic entries in the 'recording schedule'.

Beware, deleting these outdated entries also deletes the series link.