Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I don't think you'll recognise the name Lorraine Crosby, but she sang on Meatloaf's massive hit, I'd Do Anything for Love, as Mrs Loud. I met her in North Shields last year, where she lives, and for all I didn't know who she was at first as the name meant nothing, it turned out she appeared on one of the biggest singles and albums of the nineties when she said what she did. Lorraine still tours now and again and appeared in The Voice last year, but she didn't make much from her most famous gig.
    Also she was very pleasant.

The Voice has an uncanny knack of putting on people who've had previous fame just so they can be humiliated when none of the judges turn around. I think the only singer with previous experience to get through the blind auditions was the woman from 5 Star in the previous series.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    The Voice has an uncanny knack of putting on people who've had previous fame just so they can be humiliated when none of the judges turn around. I think the only singer with previous experience to get through the blind auditions was the woman from 5 Star in the previous series.

Tyler James had had 2 top 30 hits & was a finalist last year! Not not true that all ex-pop stars are humiliated.

I think this does rather prove the ageism of the music biz though. It doesnt matter if theyre turned the other way, an experienced musician would be able to spot a more "mature" voice from a teenager who's learning the ropes.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »

Cleo from Cleopatra got through this week.
  • XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My uncle met Richard Todd while he was filming The Dambusters a very very long time ago. He waved him away with a cry of 'I cant work with these distractions' - every time that film comes on now its met with a chorus of that phrase!

:D
    Just had to add this after reading your post, a not very famous couple John Duttine and Mel Martin, over the Christmas period came into the Supermarket where I worked, He asked me politely where the Goose Grease was I replied "Goose Grease" He nodded
    I was just about to tell him that he was in the wrong place and was going to direct him when Mel Martin his actress wife said sniggering " Darling SHE doesn't know what Goose Grease is!"
    I replied with a :) and said I did and would they both like to be taken to it? To be totally fair he looked a bit:o
    I found her attitude very snotty, rude and up herself.

But when Heartbeat was on (He played the Sergeant) The cries of "Goose Grease!!!" Actually anything he appears in he is known as Goose Grease now! And any family member viewing with me will ask "Do you know what Goose Grease is!!" :rolleyes:
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewie_C wrote: »
    Stephanie Beacham - absolute class!

Were lucky enough to get tickets to see Strictly the week after she left. Somehow or other she got stuck with us plebs in a corridor waiting to go into the studio. Immediately took charge of the situation by asking us who we were supporting, and saying how great all the other contestants were. Very chatty, down to earth, funny and oozed class.

I'm glad to hear that she always came across on SCD as having a wicked sense of humour.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite a celebrity lol but Una Healy is up her own anus.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    XXRunXX wrote: »
    Just had to add this after reading your post, a not very famous couple John Duttine and Mel Martin, over the Christmas period came into the Supermarket where I worked, He asked me politely where the Goose Grease was I replied "Goose Grease" He nodded
    I was just about to tell him that he was in the wrong place and was going to direct him when Mel Martin his actress wife said sniggering " Darling SHE doesn't know what Goose Grease is!"
    I replied with a :) and said I did and would they both like to be taken to it? To be totally fair he looked a bit:o
    I found her attitude very snotty, rude and up herself.

But when Heartbeat was on (He played the Sergeant) The cries of "Goose Grease!!!" Actually anything he appears in he is known as Goose Grease now! And any family member viewing with me will ask "Do you know what Goose Grease is!!" :rolleyes:

Makes one wonder what they wanted it for! ;):p:eek:
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    XXRunXX wrote: »
    Just had to add this after reading your post, a not very famous couple John Duttine and Mel Martin

I know him. He was in the 1978 Wuthering Heights TV series, as Hindley, and To Serve Them All Our Days, about a schoolmaster and his life between the Edwardian and World War Two era, which I saw in 1984. I think they were him, without checking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I briefly met a couple of members from the band Il Divo and was pleased to discover they're just as nice as they appear to be on stage.

I'm very relieved to hear good things about Michael Bublé and George Michael, they're at the top of my ideal meet and greet list :)
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard that the actress that plays Val on Emmerdale is very stuck up and ignorant.
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I have heard that the actress that plays Val on Emmerdale is very stuck up and ignorant.

It *must* be true then, if you've 'heard' it... :cool:
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Everyone who's met me says I very nice and approachable.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    Everyone who's met me says I very nice and approachable.

Who are you? Peter Powell?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D

I met Nigel Mansel in the queue for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyworld, Florida the year he won the F1championship (he had a home in Florida)

He and his wife and kids were really chatty and friendly ... when we got on the ride he was in the front so "driving" our boat so lots of banter about chicanes coming up and being driven by a F1 champ :D

When everyone filed off the ride we didn't expect to see them again but when we got outside they were waiting for us so they could say bye and wished us a good holiday which was a nice gesture
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member

No, another P Powell. I'm most certainly far nicer than he was. Everyone says so. 'You're SO nice, the keep telling me. Of course, I blush, but, well there must be something in it I so many people say so. My sister says they are just being sarcastic, but that's just her being a real cow.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,845
    Forum Member
    diamond1 wrote: »
    :D:D

I met Nigel Mansel in the queue for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyworld, Florida the year he won the F1championship (he had a home in Florida)

He and his wife and kids were really chatty and friendly ... when we got on the ride he was in the front so "driving" our boat so lots of banter about chicanes coming up and being driven by a F1 champ :D

When everyone filed off the ride we didn't expect to see them again but when we got outside they were waiting for us so they could say bye and wished us a good holiday which was a nice gesture

Aww. That's made me feel all warm and fuzzy. How lovely. This is right up there with my other favourites from this thread which include Roger Moore and Diana Dors.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It *must* be true then, if you've 'heard' it... :cool:

My brother and his girlfriend met her and told me she was not very nice.

:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Sharon Maughan: If I said to some of us older folk, 'her from the coffee ads, did they/didn't they?' You'd know straight away, who she is. Stood in front of me in the queue, shopping in M&S, about 8-10 years ago, just before Christmas. I've met other famous people before, but she stands out because she started talking to me. I was giving her, (I thought), discreet, sideways glances wondering if it was her or not. As she was putting her shopping on the conveyor belt she turned to me, smiled and asked me if I was 'all set for Christmas yet'? And we then started talking about the stress of Christmas shopping. Lovely and a total Lady! Always thought she looked 'snooty' on T.V, she's far from it! I didn't ask her, if she was who she was, because her smile and voice gave it away, anyway!
  • andy_d77andy_d77 Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie williams - nice bloke dead straightforward friendly as was nigel kennedy at the hight of his fame good laugh too, roy wood again funny decent bloke. not nice certain ex members of the Australia cricket team, i won't name names but two of them did little to endear themselves to me.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but TOWIE were horrible, very up themselves and put themselves way above their level of fame..

Not surprised about this really, the programme is just as bad! :D
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Alexander- Very nice Lady
    Frank Bruno- Very nice guy nice to talk to
  • VideoNiceyVideoNicey Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I don't want to name names but a certain actress (rhymes with Lenise Belch) looks like a badly pebbledashed bungalow up close :eek:
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harrison Ford - doesn't suffer fools and can be very cantankerous, but lovely once warms to you.
    Ewan McGregor - gorgeous
    Jamie Lee Curtis - funny as f*ck.
    Bridget Fonda - lovely
    Frances McDormand - doubleplus lovely

Can also vouch for Sam Neill fans upthread - charming and handsome.

on the other hand:
    Bruce Forsyth - what a c*nt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Met some of the hollyoaks cast at a charity football match today. All spent literally ages meeting people, posing for photos etc,all really lovely and friendly

Danny Mac (Dodger)
    James Atherton (Will)
    Nick Pickard (Tony)
    Ashley Taylor Dawson (Darren)
    Tom Scurr (Barney)
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing that documentary on bruce forsyth on channel 4 not that long ago thought he was a bit strange.
    I get the impression he's quite different off camera.
    he's still a legend though but a bit strange.