Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Last Saturday I was at the Last Night of the Proms event in Hyde Park when I looked up to see a real fitty stood a couple of rugs away from me... well my friend then said to me 'That's Gareth Gates' and to my surprise it was, LOL! :)

Well although I didn't actually speak to him personally, as I was sat so near I can say he was delightful to anyone who asked him for a photo and he looked genuinely happy to pose with the many people who approached him!

There was also some guy from Boyzone with him, but nor me nor my mate knew his name. Only one person asked for a photo of him but he was again happy to oblige :)

Gareth, not only are you hot, but you seem a lovely person too :D
    Gareth is genuinely one of the nicest people on the planet. Just love him :)

He and his wife are friends with the guys from Boyzone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My other half and I both used to work in the media industry in really lowly, assistant positions- I think it says a lot about a celeb about how they treat the badly paid serfs- and I have to say Bruce Forsythe was super rude... really horrible, as was Pauline from EastEnders, and (a surprising one here) Katherine Jenkins, who refused to speak to any one as low down as me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few more to add...

H
    from step was in a Frank Vickery play last year and he was charm itself afterwards really chatty and friendly

I went with my daughter to a Peter Andre signing last week and although his minders mad it very clear prior to the event there was to be no pics allowed with Pete, no touchiing etc...he was Fab very chatty and friendly he posed for a picture with us, we had a cwtch (cuddle/hug) and a kiss on the lips ..a top top bloke!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *T*I*N*K* wrote: »

I went with my daughter to a Peter Andre signing last week and although his minders mad it very clear prior to the event there was to be no pics allowed with Pete, no touchiing etc...he was Fab very chatty and friendly he posed for a picture with us, we had a cwtch (cuddle/hug) and a kiss on the lips ..a top top bloke!

That's great. :) Glad he's a nice guy. My mum is battling cancer atm and she got her 2nd dose of chemo yesterday......Peter has a signing on Tuesday at Hamilton and if she is feeling okay she's going to go see him, i'm glad he's a nice person. :cool:
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    That's great. :) Glad he's a nice guy. My mum is battling cancer atm and she got her 2nd dose of chemo yesterday......Peter has a signing on Tuesday at Hamilton and if she is feeling okay she's going to go see him, i'm glad he's a nice person. :cool:
    Oh I hope your mum feels well enough to go and see Pete - he's such a nice guy, it'll be just the tonic she needs.:)
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    I've met Jonny and he's a really nice man, not irritating in the slightest, AND he bought me a drink;)

I met Jonny when I went to Woking to see him In Tommy. He was in the resturant with his wife Nikki and another couple, I think it was her sister and hubby.

Jon and Nikki seemed a lovely couple, so genuine and so in love.:D
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnen56 wrote: »
    My other half and I both used to work in the media industry in really lowly, assistant positions- I think it says a lot about a celeb about how they treat the badly paid serfs- and I have to say Bruce Forsythe was super rude... really horrible, as was Pauline from EastEnders, and (a surprising one here) Katherine Jenkins, who refused to speak to any one as low down as me!

i can certainly believe that of katherine jenkins.

so JLC could well be telling the truth about ol' brucie being rude to him then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

I hope your Mum is feeling well enough to go
    Fingers crossed the rest of her treatment goes well
    My own Mum has gone through Cancer treatment so I know how hard it can be on all the family
    Pete seemed a really nice guy, very chatty and friendly.
    We went to the HMV signing (queued for about 5 hours)
    Those that werent well enough to queue were allowed in first and Pete spent extra time with them, have a word with the security team.
  • stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible man: Jeffrey Archer. Everything about him is horrid.

However, when I met him and he was a thoroughly pleasant, personable and interesting guy.

It just shows how you can turn on the charm.
    Don't judge a book by its cover I guess. Especially one of his! :D
  • stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnen56 wrote: »

Brucie is absolutely no surprise whatsoever. He's supposed to be horrid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Nice:-

Robert Carlyle - top bloke
    Billy Connolly - a right laugh
    Boy George - nervous, flirtatious, friendly
    Amanda Redman - nice lady
    Renee Zellweger - cute - very kind.

Not so nice:-

Amanda Burton (cowbag)
  • mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    Jimmy Somerville was an absolute doll, so sweet, Helen Terry blew smoke in my face, Jeremy Healy was lovely also.
    Gillian Taylforth lovely,Faye from Steps miserable, Amita Dhiri very nice.

She and her sister Kim weren't very nice to me years ago. They almost beat me up at a theatrical party because Kim's b.f. made a pass at me. It was his fault you silly bints.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i can certainly believe that of katherine jenkins.

I've heard she's up herself too. Ridiculous looking person anyway - like a blow-up doll come to life with over the top breast implants.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    I've heard she's up herself too. Ridiculous looking person anyway - like a blow-up doll come to life with over the top breast implants.

Well, I would she she's definitely good looking - but not gorgeous though, but that's just my opinion. It's funny how people make themselves to be all sweetness and light when they're on tv, then, when in the real world, they're rude and arrogant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the Cribs last night and decided to wait after the gig to meet them...and I am so glad that I did! What charming, humble and beautiful young men they are. They were genuinely happy to meet us and have a chat with us, posed for every picture asked of them and gave hugs to all!

Ross was a little bit shy but he is one of the nicest people I have met- he is beautiful, and he said he loved my top I was wearing, even though most of it was covered by my coat! I have a crush like mad on him, so to hear him compliment me was wonderful! Johnny Marr was a bit tired and wanted to get on the bus quickly but he still shook my hand and called me "Missy!" :D Ryan was charming and humble and told me to have a nice life when he departed! :D And Gary was his normal wonderful self- when I posed for a picture with him he was chatting, so he asked the girl who was taking it to take it again so he was smiling in it! And because of that I got a very long cuddle from him! :D I also met Adam Green, who is a lovable nutcase! He gave me a bear hug!

Its lovely to meet famous people who are genuinely happy to meet their fans, get to know them and who have their feet firmly on the ground. Their was not a single air of arrogance from any of them- none of them were "up their own a*ses" as Ryan so eloquently put it! Also the gig was incredible! I've never seen a crowd as rowdy as that! It was a brilliant night made even better by the humble stars of it! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ceb1988 wrote: »
    I saw the Cribs last night and decided to wait after the gig to meet them...and I am so glad that I did! What charming, humble and beautiful young men they are. They were genuinely happy to meet us and have a chat with us, posed for every picture asked of them and gave hugs to all!

Ross was a little bit shy but he is one of the nicest people I have met- he is beautiful, and he said he loved my top I was wearing, even though most of it was covered by my coat! I have a crush like mad on him, so to hear him compliment me was wonderful! Johnny Marr was a bit tired and wanted to get on the bus quickly but he still shook my hand and called me "Missy!" :D Ryan was charming and humble and told me to have a nice life when he departed! :D And Gary was his normal wonderful self- when I posed for a picture with him he was chatting, so he asked the girl who was taking it to take it again so he was smiling in it! And because of that I got a very long cuddle from him! :D I also met Adam Green, who is a lovable nutcase! He gave me a bear hug!

Its lovely to meet famous people who are genuinely happy to meet their fans, get to know them and who have their feet firmly on the ground. Their was not a single air of arrogance from any of them- none of them were "up their own a*ses" as Ryan so eloquently put it! Also the gig was incredible! I've never seen a crowd as rowdy as that! It was a brilliant night made even better by the humble stars of it! :)

I'm so glad that you've been impressed by this band. Now this is what I'm talking about. No tv cameras and they showed themselves to be great as you claim. People should not go in to be singers and what not if they can't be like this with their fans. Even if singers are tired and can't be bothered with their fans one night, I'm sure there's a polite way of telling them. But yeah, I'm glad that they impressed you.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm told by a couple of people who've done work at his home that ''Sir'' Michael Parkinson takes some beating as a Grade A s**t, as does his wife. Also someone who did work for Elton John said he was really nice and took a genuine interest in what the guy was doing.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I'm told by a couple of people who've done work at his home that ''Sir'' Michael Parkinson takes some beating as a Grade A s**t, as does his wife. Also someone who did work for Elton John said he was really nice and took a genuine interest in what the guy was doing.

Members of his family seem to think so too, following his autobiography. As a fellow Yorkie, i's embarrassing!!!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    It might be because of the character he plays perhaps?

Yeah that is why I thought he would have been nice, because of his character of Sean Tully, but now I think about it I can imagine him being a real bitch in real life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nats_x wrote: »
    Yeah that is why I thought he would have been nice, because of his character of Sean Tully, but now I think about it I can imagine him being a real bitch in real life.

It is said on here in various, previous, threads that he's a right idiot away from the set towards the general public.
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sharren wrote: »
    his wife Julie used to be my social worker when I was a teenager some 34 years ago

She's now my MP, but not for much longer- I'm moving away from the constituency and I expect her to lose her seat at the next election anyway.

I correspond with her from time to time and always get a decent reply, even though we often disagree.

A few updates since I last posted on this thread- a friend of mine was involved in a charity golf day a few years back, where there were quite a few celebs present.

He said that both Bruce Forsyth and the late Mike Reid were both great fun and made time for people. On the other hand, Jim Davidson was a right nasty piece of work. Horrid character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of the people I've met have been either wrestlers, or people from Joss Whedon shows...

The only person who's actually been rude to me was Damon Albarn - who called me a w*****, because I dared to wear leather trousers in The Good Mixer.

Miserable buggers would include the wrestlers Booker T, Raven, RVD, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. As well as Charisma Carpenter, Paul Merton, and Rhona Cameron.

The most friendly would include:- Alyson Hannigan, Amber Benson, Chris Evans, Eddie Guerrero, Eddie Izzard, James Marsters, Jason Mewes, Joss Whedon, Kevin Smith, Leigh Francis, Summer Glau and Tony Head.

Special mentions go to:-

Jonathan Woodward (who actually "married" me and my gf!).

Nathan Fillion (possibly the most charasmatic person I've ever met - plus he gave me a genuine Serenity banknote).

Andy Hallett - a heart of gold, incredibly entertaining - a tragedy that he died earlier this year...
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Les Dawson was much funnier than Les Dennis. He (Dawson) bought me a drink and told some jokes, very nice guy
    Deleted.. made a mistake thinking he was Len, not Les!!!:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Luckily (so far) i've never met any nasty celebrities.

SO nice::)
    Philip Glenister (Gorgeous in both looks and personality).
    Keeley Hawes (one of the nicest women i've ever met).
    Dean Andrews
    Marshall Lancaster
    Montserrat Lombard
    Michael Shanks
    Ben Browder

All of them were just so friendly and really take the time for their fans, especially the cast of Ashes to Ashes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Lady Bolly wrote: »
    Luckily (so far) i've never met any nasty celebrities.

SO nice::)
    Philip Glenister (Gorgeous in both looks and personality).
    Keeley Hawes (one of the nicest women i've ever met).
    Dean Andrews
    Marshall Lancaster
    Montserrat Lombard
    Michael Shanks
    Ben Browder

All of them were just so friendly and really take the time for their fans, especially the cast of Ashes to Ashes.

JEALOUS VERY VERY JEALOUS!
    Where did you meet them?

Oh Dean Andrews is one I meant to add, never met him but he's lovely on twitter :)