Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stood on the foot of Pauline Quirke in the Metrocentre once, and she laughed it off. Lovely woman. Glad it wasn't the other way around though ;)
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Nice: Ted Danson

Evil beyond reason: a certain Apprentice runner up who should be 'culled'.
  • SonofaBeastSonofaBeast Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    sohoguy wrote: »
    This is a very unfair forum topic. How can you judge someone based purely on one incredibly brief meeting? We all have days when we'd tell even our most loved family or friends to sod off, so you can't expect celebrities to not feel the same.

Many of these stories lack any context. You don't know whether the chap who Tom Baker alledgedly told to f**k off was incredibly annoying and harassing him.

Let's not be so swift to judge people so quickly. Enjoy what they give us in the films and TV shows they appear in and stop expecting people to be a far better human being than you are 24/7

Unclench already! It's only a bit of fun.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fefster wrote: »

I'm really curious now - can't you give a clue? Go on!
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I'm really curious now - can't you give a clue? Go on!

Me too! :)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Come on, name and shame. It's not like your description before the colon's going to be taken literally.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Come on, name and shame. It's not like your description before the colon's going to be taken literally.

Yeah.

Name and shame and get the thread pulled.
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uhhh, there's a pretty obvious clue. There's a certain animal which is going to get culled soon.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah.

Name and shame and get the thread pulled.

Oh, what are you talking about? All of the other celebrities have been named, why not them? What makes them so special?
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Oh, what are you talking about? All of the other celebrities have been named, why not them? What makes them so special?

Please accept my apologies for making a mistook.:)
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uhhh, there's a pretty obvious clue. There's a certain animal which is going to get culled soon.
    The series two runner up then.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ahrimaniac wrote: »
    I stood on the foot of Pauline Quirke in the Metrocentre once, and she laughed it off. Lovely woman. Glad it wasn't the other way around though ;)

It'd be funny if you did that to Nigel Planer (Neil, of The Young Ones), then said, in Neil's voice, 'Hello Nigel-I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to stand on you again!' (remember Hole In My Shoe?:p)

P.S. It'd only be funny if you were joking, and weren't going to deliberately trample him again, and made that clear to him. Wouldn't want anyone to think I was inciting violence.
  • SonofaBeastSonofaBeast Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Russell Grant a few years ago and he was absolutely lovely, as was Tessa Saunderson. I can't remember if it was Hinge or Brackett (but it was the one in the glasses) and he was not nice, not nice at all.:)

I had to misfortune of coming across Lulu when I worked for the Beeb many years ago - an absolute nightmare. Rude and completely obnoxious - but when the cameras were running she completely changed into this sweet, butter wouldn't melt in my mouth type personality.:eek:

Also met John Duttine - what a charming, lovely man. As gorgeous off-screen as he was on and he was so interesting and interested in the person he was talking too.:)
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samiskim wrote: »

Also met John Duttine - what a charming, lovely man. As gorgeous off-screen as he was on and he was so interesting and interested in the person he was talking too.:)

I remember him from the 1978 TV serialisation of Wuthering Heights, as Hindley. He was also in that series, To Serve Them All Their Days, about the young schoolteacher, in Edwardian times, which I saw in 1984, thought I think it was first shown in 1980.
  • Clark2012Clark2012 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Lucky enough to meet Barney Harwood yesterday, went to see him in panto in Bromley. Lovely guy, signed autographs, took photos, spent about half an hour chatting to me, my brother and our two young cousins who he huggged! Genuinley lovely fella. Same day met Patsy Kensit, she's in the same panto, again lovely, as was David Spinx and Sarah Lark.
  • Clark2012Clark2012 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Also met Arthur Darvil, absoloutley lovely, photo and hug, fairly handsome too lol. Also had an autograph off Eve Myles, she was lovely too
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely

John Barrowman
    James Marsters
    Eric Roberts
    Colin Baker
    Paul Darrow

Horrible

David Soul (I've met him a couple of times, both times, unfriendly, miserable, bordering on rude, and these were at offficial meet & greet type of events!)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't let the curious posters in this thread badger you over who it was. Be ruthless!
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=fefster;55426511
    Evil beyond reason: a certain Apprentice runner up who should be 'culled'.[/QUOTE]

...but what did they do wrong? :eek:
  • kira neryskira nerys Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rionia wrote: »
    Lovely

John Barrowman
    James Marsters
    Eric Roberts
    Colin Baker
    Paul Darrow

Horrible

David Soul (I've met him a couple of times, both times, unfriendly, miserable, bordering on rude, and these were at offficial meet & greet type of events!)

BIB As in Spike??,omg I'm seriously jealous:mad::D:D,I'd have been heartbroken if you'd said he was mean!
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kira nerys wrote: »
    BIB As in Spike??,omg I'm seriously jealous:mad::D:D,I'd have been heartbroken if you'd said he was mean!

Yep, I've met him a couple of times and both times, he's been really nice. :)
  • the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    be_deej wrote: »
    Can I ask what this means exactly? I'm assuming it's bad. I've met Cher and she was lovely, she let me hug her, kiss her, have a pic and she signed a pic for me. :) She took time to talk to fans and have pics and sign autographs and would have seen everyone if she wasn't rushed into a car at the end. Everyone who meets her says how lovely she is and how wrong the press are about her.

I also met Katie Waissel, she was lovely. I asked for an autograph and she asked for my name and wrote a little message on there for me too. :)

I seen Dermot O' Leary at the X factor auditions, seems a nice bloke, stuck my hand out and got a high five from him.

Said Hi to Rhod Gilbert as he walked passed me in Cardiff with 2 of his mates, he smiled and said Alright to me.

Said Hi to Scott Mills outside Radio 1 (when I met Cher) he said Hi back and seems a decent guy
    To add to my previous post when Cher arrived at Radio 1 I put my hand out for her to touch and instead of just touching it or walking straight past she held it for a few seconds whilst looking at me saying something like "I'll be back out". I'm a huge fan of Cher so to have her holding my hand and looking right at me I probably looked like this :eek:

:D
    She wasn't moody and distant on the X factor though, she was lovely. :confused:
    Sorry :) Cher Lloyd it is

You so are Cher Lloyd aren't you?
  • MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Living in Wales is great for meeting Dr Who cast members.
    Nice:
    John Barrowman - my friends mum worked as a make up artist for Dr Who a few years ago, she was showing me around BBC and we went into his trailer. Saw a bit too much of him by mistake, but he was genuinely nice (personality wise).
    Freema Agyeman - Nicest person going, she sat down with me to have hot chocolate, she took a genuine interest in what I was saying and made a real effort, she even bought me the hot chocolate, I'll keep defending this woman!
    David Tennent - Again, took an interest in what I was saying, but was rather busy with lots of fans wanting autographs.
    Gareth David Lloyd - Just after Children of Earth finished airing he was doing book signings in Cardiff, made it just in time as they cut the queue off with me being the last person. Which meant I was allow to talk to him for a bit, I was telling him how devastated it was having Ianto killed off. He then had a photo with me.

Nasty-
    Billie Piper - Whilst talking to her, she seemed more interested in what was on her phone, whilst having a ****.
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Janick Gers (guitarist of Iron Maiden). He had just joined the band at the time. When I got on the train at Seaham to travel to Newcastle to see Maiden at Newcastle City Hall and he was just sitting there and me and a few friends were talking about music and Maiden and we all started to talk to him about the band and how everything was going.

He had just been to Hartlepool to visit his parents. When we got off at Newcastle Train Station he signed our jackets and had a photo taken with us before saying goodbye.