Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum was a teen in the 50s and had a crush on norman wisdom! Anyway he was performing at the london palladium and mum and her bf was hanging around the stage door,he not only let them in the dressing room and shared a b,day cake(another fan had made)he asked if they would like to have a dance and general muck around on the stage. My mum said he was a real gent,her and her mate was beside themselves.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,845
    Forum Member
    I went to a Celine Dion concert around 1995. Rene Angelil was in the hall just milling about when people were arriving (we were amongst the first ones in). I said Bonjour Rene and asked him how Celine was doing, was she looking forward to the show (well what else could I say). He was very smiley, said she was fine and yes, very much. A lovely man, very twinkly and quite handsome.
  • the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I went to a Celine Dion concert around 1995. Rene Angelil was in the hall just milling about when people were arriving (we were amongst the first ones in). I said Bonjour Rene and asked him how Celine was doing, was she looking forward to the show (well what else could I say). He was very smiley, said she was fine and yes, very much. A lovely man, very twinkly and quite handsome.

Celine and Rene are one of my most favourite celebrity couples!
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulieD wrote: »
    Met Zac Efron in a hotel lift in Orlando. He was promoting 17 Again at the time. He posed for a photograph with my daughter and signed an autograph.
    Sat next to Eamonn Holmes on a flight to Belfast and he was really chatty - hadn't liked him before then but that trip changed my mind.
    Bumped into a man in Barneys in New York, turned to apologise and discovered it was Pierce Brosnan. I apologised and so did he. I was speechless but my 83 year old Dad who had no clue who he was chatted away to him while we queued to pay.
    Lewis Hamilton was horrible to my son and told him to go away when he asked for an autograph. We were in the BA Executive Lounge at the time so its not like he was somewhere private.

Never liked Lewis Hamilton anyway and am always pleased when he is beaten.
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum tells the story of when the Queen and Prince Philip got married, they travelled through Gravesend on their way to their honeymoon. Some of the official route through the town had been published, but mum didn't want to wait with the crowds so she worked out the route the car would have to go on its way out of the town, and that it would probably have to slow a bit going up a steep hill. Anyway she waited by the side of the road (she was the only one there), with a bunch of flowers from her grans garden. She said when the queen (or Princess Elizabeth as she was then) saw her she asked the driver to stop, and thanked mum for the flowers. Mum said the queen chatted briefley, then Prince Philip said 'something cheeky' to my mum which made the queen laugh, and then they drove off. Mum was 18 years old at the time, she's 81 now and has never forgotten that day. She says she'll aways remember the twinkle in prince philips eyes, and that the queen had the most beautiful blue eyes she's ever seen.
  • poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Pearl McG wrote: »
    My friend worked on film sets in Canada with him and he's one of those that insits you mustn't make eye contact with!

Donald Sutherland is NOT a very nice person at all. Like Kirk Douglas and many other of that generation.
  • mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Not exactly a meet but Samantha Janus was in River Island in Liverpool around the time she was filming a cop show she did there. She was horrendous, the poor staff were running around after her and she didn't even bother putting anything back on the clothes racks, just lashed them on the top and kept moaning about the stock levels.

But for balance she also used to drink in a local pub I later went in and the staff said she was lovely, they had pictures of her and the staff and regulars behind the bar.

Also my Dad was staying in a hotel in Marbella and so was Dale Winton and Cilla Black (or she visited him there, not 100% sure) and both were supposedly grotesque.

It's no wonder Cilla is almost universally despised in her home town.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Well I have been very lucky to meet a few celebrities in the street and at signings and what not. Luckily most of my encounters have been good apart from a few.

Nice
    Pixie Lott - So down to earth and very smiley
    Niall Horan - My fave person ever! I met One Direction at a signing and maybe I'm just biased but he (alongside Harry Styles) went the extra length for fans by having their photos took and giving them hugs.
    Samantha Mumba - Seems to really love her fans and has a beautiful smile.
    Catherine Tate - Only asked for an autograph and ended up having a full conversation with her like she was my best friend! A lovely woman.

Not So Nice
    Gary Barlow - I never met him but apparently he was very rude to my sister and her friends when they asked him for an autograph.
    Aston Merrygold - Maybe it was because he was in a rush or something but just after JLS came second in the X Factor (way before even releasing a single) people were crowding around him in the street asking for photos and stuff. He just ignored them, put in his headphones and walked on.
  • Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »
    Celine and Rene are one of my most favourite celebrity couples!

I like them a lot too. They seem so solid and genuine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My nephew once met Ulrika Jonsson who gave him her autograph and took the time to speak to him.

I have liked her ever since for this and will not hear a word against her!
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    My nephew once met Ulrika Jonsson who gave him her autograph and took the time to speak to him.

I hope Hitler didn't give any of your grandparents his autograph.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »

I met her too, many years ago, and she was very sweet indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Hitler didn't give any of your grandparents his autograph.

Don't think Hitler came to Ireland!
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We were in M&S in Manchester last year and my 18 year-old grand-daughter came face to face with Katherine Kelly (Becky from Corrie) and Katherine said "Oh Hi" to my grand-daughter, who then blushed profusely and was too dumbstruck to speak. She must have realised that my grand-daughter had recognised her. She said Katherine was really pretty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    That was a lovely story about the Queen and Prince Phillip.

I met Russell Brand last year, he was so lovely to everyone myself included. I know he is like marmite (love or hate him) but he always makes time for fans whether young,old,female or male.
    Met comedian Chris Ramsey a couple of times too (although hes not super famous just yet) and he came out to say Hi and tweeted me to say Thanks for coming to gig etc,he stopped for photos too.
    Jack Dee was a bit grumpy but he was quite poorly so I can understand his not wanting to hang around.
    Paul Weller is a miserable swine,looks at people like they are something he might tread in. I do think it all depends on when you see them, even famous people have to have private time.
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Paul Weller is a miserable swine,looks at people like they are something he might tread in. I do think it all depends on when you see them, even famous people have to have private time.

I've met him several times myself and can confirm that he is a bit of a git.
    Forum Member
    Glad it wasn't just us then! We didn't intrude on private time. Paul Weller seems to have been the same since he was a spoiled teen in the Jam, he never looks very friendly to be honest :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met the Sugababes last year and all three were lovely! Had a good old conversation with Amelle too!
    Forum Member
    My daughter met Michael Sheen through work was lovely and very friendly to everyone. Charlotte Church was nice too although she wasn't expecting her to be. I've seen her out and about and she seems very down to earth even though I'm not keen on her myself, might be a different story if you bumped into her on a drunken night out!
  • soapdoctorsoapdoctor Posts: 3,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Frankie Cocozza in a club whilst he was still on XF. He bumped into my friend and offered to by her a drink, we got pictures and then he sat with us for a while.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Glad it wasn't just us then! We didn't intrude on private time. Paul Weller seems to have been the same since he was a spoiled teen in the Jam, he never looks very friendly to be honest :o

He is well-renowned for his grumpiness.
  • sam.hall13sam.hall13 Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Nice.

Reese Witherspoon.

Kaley Cuoco from the big bang theory was sweet, spent a hour with her in a dinner chatting about TBBT.

Kat Dennings was super funny but her co-star was shy but nice.

Zooey Deschanel gave me a kiss when she found it was my birthday along with a rather sweet memento of our meeting.

Sean Connery grumpy but friendly.

Roger Moore was smooth and very witty.

Charlie Chaplin patted my head and posed for a pic a few months before he passed on, friendly and his wife Oona was so attentive and devoted to CC according to my parents.

Dame Joan Hickson was shy and retiring but always had time for her fans.

Nasty.

Christine Bleakley a face thats best suited to radio and has a very grating guttural NI accent.

Lulu- nasty and deserves her nickname as the Glasgow bike.

Pip Schofield is a total lecherous pig.

Tom Cruise was an arrogant pompous f***.

Denise Welch was exactly like the tart we believe she is,awful disgusting personality.
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? Mr Smug not so clean cut as he implies?
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    CFCJM1 wrote: »

Lecherous towards men or women though, that's the question.
  • sam.hall13sam.hall13 Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    CFCJM1 wrote: »

Yes.
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Lecherous towards men or women though, that's the question.

If he were an story then yes he would be both sides.;)