Options

Corrie - Roy " it's Important you talk''

SophiaK70SophiaK70 Posts: 485
Forum Member
On corrie Roy looked at Kylie and it was obvious she was dying he then looked at David and said ' it's important you talk ' and David nodded - do you think toy said that for medical reasons or to subtly say to David anything u have to say say now ? I think it was rather beautifully done myself

Comments

• Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought at first Roy said it's important to talk to keep her awake, but watching both episodes back last night, yes I know I'm a sad guy, but I think Roy meant it more as in tell Kylie how you feel.

Another thing I noticed while watching it back last night was, how beautiful Paula Lane looked in her last scenes, without the makeup etc
  • Options
    SepangBlueSepangBlue Posts: 4,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought at first Roy said it's important to talk to keep her awake, but watching both episodes back last night, yes I know I'm a sad guy, but I think Roy meant it more as in tell Kylie how you feel.

Another thing I noticed while watching it back last night was, how beautiful Paula Lane looked in her last scenes, without the makeup etc

Totally agree, although she would have been wearing makeup, just that it was on a really pale foundation to simulate the effect of blood draining from her face. Have another look through the sequence and you'll see that she starts out, immediately after the assault, with slightly rosy cheeks which then gradually pale over the ensuing minutes.

If you go to Google Images and type in 'Paula Lane' (as opposed to Kylie Platt) you'll see just how attractive she is. Coronation Street did her no favours unfortunately, but then that was her character and she played it beautifully. I shall miss her.

By the way, you're not a lone saddo .. I've watched it back twice already and still find it moving!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Yeah I did a first aid course a while back and communicating to the patient is vital. You need to reassure them.

Roy handled it well. Very subtle.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,327
    Forum Member
    It was two fold. Roy was telling David to keep Kylie talking as it is important to keep a victim conscious and engaged but I think he also knew it was hopeless so was telling him to try and minimise David's regrets after Kylie's death about "wish I'd said this, wisah i'd said that" and I think David understood that as well.
  • Options
    lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Roy could tell Kylie was dying and that there was nothing more that could be done for her. David asked him what more he could do and Roy replied there was nothing more that he could do other than try supress the blood.

Roy probably knew it would only be a matter of a minutes so he wanted David to get his 'last words' in before Kylie died.

I've always thought Paula Lane was really pretty, even as Kylie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was thinking maybe Kylie might have been better off, if she hadn't staggered from the kebab shop, back to the street.

But we wouldn't have had those scenes.

It's strange the best storyline to being signed of by Stuart Blackburn was his last.
  • Options
    Zeke_ZoomZeke_Zoom Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SepangBlue wrote: »
    Totally agree, although she would have been wearing makeup, just that it was on a really pale foundation to simulate the effect of blood draining from her face. Have another look through the sequence and you'll see that she starts out, immediately after the assault, with slightly rosy cheeks which then gradually pale over the ensuing minutes.
    !

And also - when David first lies down next to "dead" Kylie she stil had the ventilator-mouthpiece still strapped to her head. The very next scene it's gone. We have to assume David removed to so she could look beautiful in death.

Damn - I must be sad as well. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David even called Gail mum on friday
  • Options
    claremontsclaremonts Posts: 20,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed-she looked stunning.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Absolutely everyone involved in those scenes played them to perfection!! David Neilson was no exception!! The look he gave when saying to David about keeping talking spoke a thousand words, as did David's look!! Both knew it was hopeless!!
    You've got me at it now, talking like it was real!! Lol!!
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was thinking maybe Kylie might have been better off, if she hadn't staggered from the kebab shop, back to the street.

It's strange the best storyline to being signed of by Stuart Blackburn was his last.

His best storyline? :confused: OK so Paula resigned, but I would find it much more tasteful had Kylie died from a genuine accident or unexpected illness. >:(
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    His best storyline? :confused: OK so Paula resigned, but I would find it much more tasteful had Kylie died from a genuine accident or unexpected illness. >:(

There are those that have the opinion that there's too much violence in soaps and maybe would have rather had Kylie die through some other way, but I think the way she was killed works well, personally. She was just about to finally get the true happiness she always wanted, with her family, then that all gets taken away from her by the life she had escaped - the thugs she used to hang out with before meeting David. There's something really sad about that.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    SophiaK70 wrote: »
    On corrie Roy looked at Kylie and it was obvious she was dying he then looked at David and said ' it's important you talk ' and David nodded - do you think toy said that for medical reasons or to subtly say to David anything u have to say say now ? I think it was rather beautifully done myself
    SepangBlue wrote: »

If you go to Google Images and type in 'Paula Lane' (as opposed to Kylie Platt) you'll see just how attractive she is. Coronation Street did her no favours unfortunately, but then that was her character and she played it beautifully. I shall miss her.

By the way, you're not a lone saddo .. I've watched it back twice already and still find it moving!

I've watched it again too, I've been trying to see when exactly the guy gets his knife out during the struggle. :blush:

I'm not sure it'd made much difference. Of course, it's important for a patient to preserve their energy by not moving or trying to talk too much, but it seems that type of injury would have had bad odds of survival no matter what. What she needed was trauma surgeons to repair the damage, but it's not always possible to get to them in time and even then, they can only try their best.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,327
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    There are those that have the opinion that there's too much violence in soaps and maybe would have rather had Kylie die through some other way, but I think the way she was killed works well, personally. She was just about to finally get the true happiness she always wanted, with her family, then that all gets taken away from her by the life she had escaped - the thugs she used to hang out with before meeting David. There's something really sad about that.

I agree.

I know some might find it depressing or pessimistic but there was almost something inevitable about it. Kylie mentioned herself on Friday that she'd had a bad start and never really got over it - she grew up in violence (I'm sure her father was abusive), she hung around with 'the wrong crowd' as a teenager, bore a child to a 'bad boy' and as much as she tried to get away, she kept being drawn back in leading to her having to kill somebody and finally, violence in the form of an old contactl/friend from her former life ended hers i just as she was about to try and get away to a better life again.
  • Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet even Roy was surprised how Kylie took his advice and went on to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk.........
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hatpeg wrote: »
    I bet even Roy was surprised how Kylie took his advice and went on to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk.........

Hahaha if only Harry Hill was still on, he would have had a field day with that ! Jesus, instead of being heart wrenching emotional scenes I was thinking, shut up and die love lol ! I have expected her to remind David that the bins need taking out on a Thursday !