Options

Russell Howard's Good News

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's the most immature childish, terrible comedian i've ever seen. If I see another dick joke I think i might lose the will to live.
  • Options
    ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing the stand up clip show..........my they are awful!

Is this what passes for comedy? I think he should stop with the Aussies, Canadian and Yank comedians. Their humour is different to ours.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    You have to commend him on some of the jokes, which I think can be funny without the need for anything to do with sausages or sex in general.

For example, there was a story on a 'cinema ninja', and he used the Pearl and Dean intro as their 'war cry'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jw2011 wrote: »
    It used to be really good by the things that really annoy me about it:

1) The repetitiveness of the show (How many times does he need to use the "liquid ass" bit and the Chinese guy) Relying on past episode's jokes means that new viewers won't get what's going on. Harry Hill's TV Burp did the same thing towards the end.

2) The ever lasting mystery guest segment. If it is that important to have a guest on, make a spin off show - "Russell Howard's Mystery Guests"

TV Burp was doing that even at it's dizzy heights of autumn 2010. With a show like this, you would assume the threads were going to follow similar topics where people go on about the quality of the show.

The mystery guest does get quite dull, and the sex jokes are not that funny either. When he addresses the big stories, and actually makes a good joke out of it, that's when this show is at it's best.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would assume its back on in a few weeks.
  • Options
    axzedaxzed Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Blister wrote: »
    The last episode (9) was truly terrible. I didn't laugh once. In fact, I didn't even crack a smile. Russell himself is one of the least funny people on television. He has no wit or skill at humour, so it goes without saying that anything he says won't be funny (usually it's just an impression of an animal, or an imitation of a clip, or a funny voice saying a non-funny thing). The only thing worth seeing in Good News are the clips, but those are now of a low quality and becoming overused. Liquid Ass is getting so old now.

If you watch Good News Extra, it really makes it stand out just how unfunny Russell and the rest of the show is when you get a real comedian telling stand up.

What Blister posted. Well done mate.