Is David Platt attractive?

Comments

• MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So not the one-time England player then?
  • Shoequeen_91Shoequeen_91 Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    No chance in hell
  • acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Nathan sykes is gorgeous

Only to the partially sighted. :D
  • Joe_H11Joe_H11 Posts: 5,618
    Forum Member
    The scene with him and Tracy was quite arousing. 😏
  • Cool_mateCool_mate Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acid rain wrote: »
    Only to the partially sighted. :D

Anyone who finds Nathan Sykes attractive needs an eye test ASAP!!! :o He has a face you just wanna punch repeatedly. Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder
  • IRITALIAIRITALIA Posts: 6,508
    Forum Member
    I think the actor is quite cute in 'real life' but David can be quite an unattractive character sometimes.
    I do like him though and he is an asset to Corrie.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am biased as I totally loath the character >:(>:(
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    He had a towel scene this week
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    He had a towel scene this week

Yes. We almost said hello to his member too...
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Feel a little yucky discussing this as i remember the character being born and Jack from his first episode but....

I'd probably go, a little bit. I don't think he's particularly handsome (though he's certainly not ugly) but I think it is other things that would make him attractive. Intelligent, loyal, funny, sharp witted, mischevious - he has a certain 'twinkle' if you know what i mean.
  • AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this an appropriate topic to discuss and have a poll on?

Rating someone's physical attributes is beyond reprehensible. I know the character's name is used but the comments here are personal and refer to Jack P. Shepherd.

People engaging in this should be ashamed.
  • James_LanganJames_Langan Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AuntieSoap wrote: »

Rating someone's physical attributes is beyond reprehensible. I know the character's name is used but the comments here are personal and refer to Jack P. Shepherd.

Consider yourself chastised and ashamed for engaging.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Consider yourself chastised and ashamed for engaging.

:D:D:D
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    No....never has been
    He has the same unfortunate ET look as his screen mum....clever casting though
    Forum Member

But the question isn't just about his physical appearance. The question isn't "is he handsome" - it is "is he attractive" and as indicated by some of the answers on here, attractiveness is about much more than just physical appearance.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    I am biased as I totally loath the character >:(>:(

Me too. His ridiculous fake tan is beyond parody
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    But the question isn't just about his physical appearance. The question isn't "is he handsome" - it is "is he attractive" and as indicated by some of the answers on here, attractiveness is about much more than just physical appearance.

Either way the person's physical attributes are being discussed and rated and it's reprehensible to me. Keyboard bullying and nothing less.

Rating "attractiveness" inevitably descends into personal and derogatory comments about a real person. That is not appropriate, funny, witty or in any way defensible.
    Forum Member
    Either way the person's physical attributes are being discussed and rated and it's reprehensible to me. Keyboard bullying and nothing less.

Rating "attractiveness" inevitably descends into personal and derogatory comments about a real person. That is not appropriate, funny, witty or in any way defensible.

I'm sorry i disagree.

If it had been "is Jack Shepherd attractive" i'd agree, if it was "is David polatt handsome" I'd agree but it isn't. It is about the attractiveness of a fictional character and that encompasses loads of things besides their physical appearance although i concede that is part of it. But even that will be partly about how the character is dressed.

For instance, I would think is it very different talking about Leanne (especially when she first arrived) to Jane Danson due to how Leanne was dressed - ie very tartily. I don't think it would have been unreasonable to say that Leanne looked like a common tart, nobody was saying Jane Danson looks like a common tart as Jane danson did not dress or use make up the way Leanne did. Costume is part of the character.

Also, what if you've been complimentary about his attractiveness as i was? Is that bullying? When you've been nice?

As it happens, if my answr had been no, i wouldn't have commented as i do believe if can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all and i do appreciate that it is a real persons face and body which is part of what is being discussed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All I can say is I disagree when it comes to commenting about the human form. However what I find indefensible is the use of mindless cliches such as keyboard bullying when there are more than enough words to express an opinion. Or maybe I should say it don't mean a thing if David ain't got the bling. That makes it sound I'm able to converse and not out of that loop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I'm sorry i disagree.

If it had been "is Jack Shepherd attractive" i'd agree, if it was "is David polatt handsome" I'd agree but it isn't. It is about the attractiveness of a fictional character and that encompasses loads of things besides their physical appearance although i concede that is part of it. But even that will be partly about how the character is dressed.

For instance, I would think is it very different talking about Leanne (especially when she first arrived) to Jane Danson due to how Leanne was dressed - ie very tartily. I don't think it would have been unreasonable to say that Leanne looked like a common tart, nobody was saying Jane Danson looks like a common tart as Jane danson did not dress or use make up the way Leanne did. Costume is part of the character.

Also, what if you've been complimentary about his attractiveness as i was? Is that bullying? When you've been nice?

As it happens, if my answr had been no, i wouldn't have commented as i do believe if can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all and i do appreciate that it is a real persons face and body which is part of what is being discussed.

This is nonsense. If the thread had been dedicated to the character development of David Platt for example it would be perfectly fine and comments about the person's looks or characteristics would stand out for exactly what they are.

This is a thread that invites people to rate the actor physically as much as the character. That is out of order and completely inappropriate. It happens too often on these forums. His job is as an actor and nobody should be subjected to polls and comments about their looks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say is I disagree when it comes to commenting about the human form. However what I find indefensible is the use of mindless cliches such as keyboard bullying when there are more than enough words to express an opinion. Or maybe I should say it don't mean a thing if David ain't got the bling. That makes it sound I'm able to converse and not out of that loop.

You make it sound like a subjective debate rather than a pointed and personal critique of a specific man.

These are not artists or photographers discussing the human form as an aspect of their creative work.

What loop you are in or out of I really don't know or care but your attempt at semantics is juvenile and unsuccessful.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugly in looks, body and mind- the character and the 'actor'.

Whilst some were running round like headless chickens trying to help, he thought he'd try and be clever and post a 'joke' about dogs trapped and dying in a fire.
  • Jessica_BobbingJessica_Bobbing Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's alright. He definitely resembles Gail though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You make it sound like a subjective debate rather than a pointed and personal critique of a specific man.

These are not artists or photographers discussing the human form as an aspect of their creative work.

What loop you are in or out of I really don't know or care but your attempt at semantics is juvenile and unsuccessful.

It has had some success. Not one mindless cliche. If I can be of any assistance in teaching you to not to say you really don't care about something and then comment on it just let me know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has had some success. Not one mindless cliche. If I can be of any assistance in teaching you to not to say you really don't care about something and then comment on it just let me know.

That second sentence needs revision. :confused: