Options

The Digital Spy Apprentice Series 4: Task Announcement Thread

Comments

• Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    Just to reiterate what I said in the boardroom, past performance didn't come into it - it was based on the considerable amount of effort George put into this task, which is especially important in week 1 where we need to determine who's will be dedicated in the long term. If George had made considerably less of a contribution, he would have been fired. That's not to say that we're firing people based on activity - if someone does the most in a team but everything they complete is completely awful then they will most likely be fired, that's not the case for George as I feel the pitch (which was largely done by him) was to a very good standard and also I feel he held his own remarkably well when he had to answer a string of tough questions. Obviously he wasn't perfect, made some fatal mistakes as PM and was a lot more to blame for the failure of the task than Mitch was, but I think if you looked back on every task in DSA and determine who would have been fired if it was completely down to responsibility for the failure of the task then you'd have some pretty bad firings. One of the reasons I was said to have to fire Mitchell was because I was looking forward to see how he could improve on his previous performances, so that definitely wasn't the reason he was fired.

Thanks for giving me another chance, Niall. Honestly, I would not have blamed you had you fired me, because I made some incredibly stupid mistakes on this task. I don't know how I went so badly wrong, but hopefully I can rectify this in subsequent tasks.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Just caught up , must get here at the right time next task.
    Both teams did well - i preferred team aptitude's idea (other than the price when all you can eat's with different cuisines are only £15. shocked no one mentioned that). But inspired's execution & pitch was better.
    Glad George stayed - he put in a lot of effort.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just re-read what I said yesterday... I'm so sorry for referring to you as Niall! :o

Won't happen again, Lord Sugar ;-)
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The next task will be posted on this thread tomorrow at 4:30pm with the task starting straight after so make sure you're all around for that :)
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,105
    Forum Member
    Good luck :)
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im here ready
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am here as well. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good afternoon candidates, and welcome to the second task reveal. There will be no team changes for this task, so your teams will be staying the same. The task brief will be posted in the next few minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your next task is a typical DSA task, and will involve you hunting the internet for a set of 10 items at the cheapest possible price. However, to make things a little more interesting we’ve decided to base it around a theme. The 2014 World Cup in Rio has certainly dominated headlines and conversations in recent weeks, with millions of viewers tuning in worldwide. In this task, you are being put in the role of someone working for the World Cup, who has been given the task to find these 10 items last minute. These items are: (the specific item is underlined, with the relevance to the task stated after)

-A one way flight ticket from London to Rio, to be able to fly a world cup attendee over
    -A one night hotel booking for one, in Rio and with a minimum requirement of 4 stars, to give last minute accommodation for an associate of the world cup
    -11 bottles of water, to keep a football team hydrated
    -An Aqua Di Lara full piece of swimwear, for a footballer’s wife to wear on the Rio beaches
    -A 40 inch plasma screen TV, to be able to watch the football when not available to attend matches
    -A bottle of sun cream, minimum 200ml, to protect sensitive English skin from the blistering Brazilian sun
    -An ‘Adidas Brazuca’ – the official World Cup 2014 ball
    -A whistle, for the referee
    -A Christ the Redeemer Statue Figurine, to bring some memorabilia back home from Brazil
    -A copy of the official 2014 World Cup single ‘We Are One’

The aim of this task is to find the items at the cheapest price possible, the team with the lowest combined total wins. You may use any actual retailer, however you may not use ads posted by private sellers (eg Gumtree, Craiglist or ebay) if you are unsure about whether and item found will count or not then ask your advisor for clarification.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For this task, Louise will be following Team Inspired and David will be following Team Aptitude. You have until 6pm on Friday 11th July to complete this task, in which your complete list of items must be sent to me and your advisor by PM with proof (eg links or screenshots). This deadline must be strictly adhered to, if you are as little as one minute late you will face penalties, which will also occur if you do not send the correct item as stated in the brief. The boardroom will then occur at 7pm on the same night, where the winning team will be revealed and one of you will be fired.

Once you have decided on your Project Managers for this task, please post in this thread. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask either me or one of my advisors.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a task that is...a shame that football has never been my thing. :p
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a message for Inspired: I'm heading out now until this evening so please add me to your team chat as soon as it's started and I'll catch up.

Good luck to both teams!
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm PM'ing this task for Inspired. :)
  • Options
    NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be PM for Team Aptitude. :)
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    Not to try and start an argument but I think it's a shame Poth went and someone in the other team appeared to do virtually nothing yet is still in.

Didn't we have this last series though? The wiki for the first task had Naruto leaving yet everyone wanted Black Dagger out as they had done nothing.

Hopefully the second task isn't a repeat with the absent candidate asking to be fired :p

Ooh item task, loved this last series. It will be interesting to see how the PMs in particular do, what with the PM being fired last time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Didn't we have this last series though? The wiki for the first task had Naruto leaving yet everyone wanted Black Dagger out as they had done nothing.

Hopefully the second task isn't a repeat with the absent candidate asking to be fired :p

Ooh item task, loved this last series. It will be interesting to see how the PMs in particular do, what with the PM being fired last time.

Yeah, that's right. I felt really bad for Naruto last year, because he was in the boardroom against myself and David. I had fallen out with my team and in the boardroom it was suggested that I had been right, and David had been unanimously rated as a fantastic Project Manager, so neither of us were gong to go on that task. Naruto was stupendously unlucky that he was in the boardroom against the two people who it would be entirely unfair to fire. He didn't deserve it really, I didn't think - there were other people on our team who had performed worse than him, let alone on the other team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to clear some things up so both teams know:

-I initially wanted the flight and hotel room to be booked at a date before the world cup ends - but after thinking it through and considering that's only 4 days away then I think that would be too hard so I'll allow them to be booked at any date instead.
    -The football must be full size.

Raise any other queries you may have with your advisor/me :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a reminder to PM your advisor and me your final lists by 6pm tonight in time for the boardroom at 7pm. Can we also ask that you put who found which item alongside the list.

Your evaluations should be getting sent out soon, so also try and get those in to me and my advisor before the boardroom tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you to both teams for getting your lists in on time! Due to unforseen circumstances the boardroom might have to be postponed by about 15 minutes tonight so will be starting at around 7:15 instead - hopefully that's not an issue for any of you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im here aand ready
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to Inspired :)

Well, I think it's safe to say that Naruto isn't going. Should be Tom, but Jess may have her card marked for if she's in a future BR.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm really disappointed to see Tom go, although I would have made the same decision. I rated him on Celebrity Apprentice and I thought he'd do well on this one. Really disappointed that he didn't contribute for some reason. Shame :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Inspired
    And well done to Naruto for being a great PM
  • Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Commiserations Tom and congrats Inspired and the rest of Aptitude! :)

I must say that Niall is doing a marvelous job as Lord Sugar! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    winter99 wrote: »
    Commiserations Tom and congrats Inspired and the rest of Aptitude! :)

I must say that Niall is doing a marvelous job as Lord Sugar! :D

Thank you :D

Just in case anyone's interested, this is who found what in Team Inspired:

Zak
    Hotel Room, Football and Water

Steve
    Swimsuit

George
    Sun Cream and Football

Shadi & George
    Whistle

Shadi
    Flight, Television, Statue and Song

I will make the announcement I said I would in the thread in a few minutes.