Options

Threading for facial hair....

GabriellaGabriella Posts: 997
Forum Member
✭✭
..I am thinking of trying this but heard it can be painful. Can anyone let me know of their experiences. Thanks :D

Comments

• Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can only handle eyebrows, full face is way too much for me.

It really depends on your pain threshold. Waxing is pretty painful as well, but it is far quicker so you don't feel as though the pain is as bad. I find that with threading, you can feel each and every single hair rip out of its follicle one at a time, whereas with waxing, it's a whole bunch in a few seconds.

I had my face threaded once when I was around 13, and I've never tried it again. I couldn't cope and the lady ended up waxing the other half cause I was crying and whinging too much. :D

Now I just do lasering, phew.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    If it's dark hair then go for laser removal. I can recommend SK:N and I got their details from someone on here ages ago and it's not as expensive as you think.

Seriously, it's changed my life :cool:
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    I just want it to be known that facial hair is nowhere near as offputting to a man as women think it is. It really is not that big a deal. Eyebrow hair and hair over the lip, is only natural and guys don’t really pay any attention to it. Not this guy anyway. It’s certainly not something to be ashamed of as many girls seem to feel. It cannot be denied that smooth skin is attractive on a woman, and shaved legs can be nice. But girls don’t have to be completely smooth everywhere. Compared to us men, women are very smooth in general in most places which is what counts.

For me, natural health is attractive. Rather than a woman spending a fortune on cosmetic products, I think she’d be better spending it on good food, high quality nutritional supplements, so she is properly nourished, kept fit, and didn’t poison herself with toxins, chemicals, sugar, etc.

Hope this helps someone :)
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Get my eyebrows and upper lip threaded every month

I dont find eyebrows painful at all but my eyes do water a bit getting my upper lip done
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get my eyebrows done every 4/5 weeks, have to to stop the monobrow forming!

To me it feels abit like a burning sensation on the most sensitive bit of the brow. But it's over in like 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is really painful but it's the best so I get my eyebrows done every two weeks and upper lip about every 2 months. I always come away with red bits because it is painful, but it quickly goes. It was funny because last time I did my eyebrows I went to a new place that my hairdresser had recommended. The poor lady that did it got into a flap because my skin had gone red. She kept saying I'm very sorry. I told her not to worry as it happens all the time but goes away after a few minutes:)
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought threading encouraged hair growth.