Username Silliness

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
Forum Member
Just something a little light-hearted and friendly in the BB Break...

Do you regret your username? Have a weird reason for choosing it?

Is it BB related?

What do other usernames makes you think?

Personally, I MASSIVELY regret mine. Many a poster has referred to it when trying to say I'm a meanie, when in fact it was an ill thought out play on words of Evelyn Waugh's 'Vile Bodies', which was based on the idea of people fit only to be the object of experimentation. I thought at the time it would be a good BB username. :o Silly me. :cry:

Comments

• patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it BB related?

Personally, I MASSIVELY regret mine. Many a poster has referred to it when trying to say I'm a meanie, when in fact it was an ill thought out play on words of Evelyn Waugh's 'Vile Bodies', which was based on the idea of people fit only to be the object of experimentation. I thought at the time it would be a good BB username. :o Silly me. :cry:

:D You'll have to put the explanation in your 'Services' section. You obviously thought we were a lot more clever than we are. ;)

My own username was ill thought out too. It kind of busted my plan to defend all Irish people everywhere whilst keeping my nationality a secret. :p
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,889
    Forum Member
    Yes I regret mine too rancid- moonlily is too hippyfied really, it's just there was a huge moon outside when i joined and I'd been picking lily beetles off my lilies :o

I'd rather be something like Doris
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member

Is it BB related?

BIB

you can imagine what they say about me when they dont agree with me

I do not regret my username one bit, its an affectionate nickname hubby has called me for the past 30 years
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Mine was meant for the love of John Locke a character from LOST. I loved how complex his character was and he is still my fav character out of all the shows I have watched. So no I dont regret mine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I hate mine and would like to change it(not possible, though). Naming myself after a relatively little-known character in Rocky and Rocky Balboa was a bit silly, in hindsight. At the time, I tried other usernames, but they weren't available and I just wanted to sign up to post something(BB-related too, as I remember).

With all that said, there are plenty of silly usernames here at DS, so we shouldn't lose any sleep over it :p
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moonlily wrote: »
    Yes I regret mine too rancid- moonlily is too hippyfied really, it's just there was a huge moon outside when i joined and I'd been picking lily beetles off my lilies :o

My cat just leapt 6 feet in the air as I laughed at that :D:D:D

Back on topic .... I'd like something less blokish sounding :( If that Sensible Dave calls me "dad" one more time I'll batter him with my rolling pin :mad:
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

Is it BB related?

I love my user name for obvous reasons:D
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    BIB

I do not regret my username one bit, its an affectionate nickname hubby has called me for the past 30 years

I love your username. Never thought to come up with something clever when I joined and have always regretted it :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I regret not choosing a weirder username :(

Mine's fairly straight forward. My name actually is Dani and I have a few friends in America who like to cutsy up my name by calling me Danigirl, which makes me feel all cute and loved :o

Hence my username :D

Ok, so I have a weird reason for choosing it, so score one for me ;)
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picked mine as I am hunch backed , love bells and am irreversibly stupid.
  • geppsdoodgeppsdood Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine isn't Big Brother related. "Gepps" is a colloquial term for glasses, which I discovered at college, when a friend of mine said "Give me a go of your gepps, buddy". And "dood" is an intentional mis-spelling of dude, as in...person. It basically means "person with glasses".
  • Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Mine is tv related, not BB related, and I doubt anyone has bothered to figure out exactly what it refers to, though most can probably guess the show just from the first half, if not the character.
  • QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to have another username which was my username on all forums at the time (it got so bad, people had me in their phone as that name and called me it to my face). However, I received a warning on here way back in 2008, and got suspended so stopped posting (nothing to do with BB). Came back last year, had forgot my password andhave a different email address so decided to re-register.

So this username kind of reflects how I feel about BB, X-Factor etc.... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    :D You'll have to put the explanation in your 'Services' section. You obviously thought we were a lot more clever than we are. ;)

My own username was ill thought out too. It kind of busted my plan to defend all Irish people everywhere whilst keeping my nationality a secret. :p

:D at the BIB - DOH!
    moonlily wrote: »

That's the problem see - I know I picked it, but I'm forever being called 'Rancid' = not good for a girl's self-esteem!
    BIB

:D:D:D
    Mine was meant for the love of John Locke a character from LOST. I loved how complex his character was and he is still my fav character out of all the shows I have watched. So no I dont regret mine
    Yeah, I hate mine and would like to change it(not possible, though). Naming myself after a relatively little-known character in Rocky and Rocky Balboa was a bit silly, in hindsight. At the time, I tried other usernames, but they weren't available and I just wanted to sign up to post something(BB-related too, as I remember).

With all that said, there are plenty of silly usernames here at DS, so we shouldn't lose any sleep over it :p

Yeah there's lot of TV character ones about! I remember Spider Rico - love the Rocky films.
  • SMMcBeanSMMcBean Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I quite like mine. Sylvester McMonkey McBean is a Dr Seuss character from The Sneetches which is a bit of a morality tale about tolerance to people who are different (or is it trying to be just like everyone else if YOU are different?). Very short story - well worth a read.

I had this name in the old C4 forum days too. I'm always reading posts, I just very rarely add my own comments.

SMMcBean
    Forum Member

Back on topic .... I'd like something less blokish sounding :( If that Sensible Dave calls me "dad" one more time I'll batter him with my rolling pin :mad:

How is it blokey? Always makes me think of Dangermouse, I love it!
    I love my user name for obvous reasons:D

I don't get it... :o
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't regret mine yet but my molliepops (retriever cross collie) is 12 now and coming slowly to the end of her life, when she goes I know I will regret using her name and being reminded everytime I log in she is no longer with us.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do only in the sense that whenever I say something that others disagree with, they go "Hmm, you ARE silly, aren't you?" :rolleyes: :o

Also, people seem to think I'm called Billy. I am not. :D

But, mainly, I quite like it. I rather like the double-meaning, with the phrase "silly billy", and the animal "billy goat" being combined to make a silly billy goat. It also ties in nicely with this thread's title. :cool::o:o
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    I don't regret mine yet but my molliepops (retriever cross collie) is 12 now and coming slowly to the end of her life, when she goes I know I will regret using her name and being reminded everytime I log in she is no longer with us.

Aw, that's real sad :( I get what you mean.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »

In the long term I hope you see it as keeping the happy memories of her alive :) x
  • Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member

LOL, if it makes you feel any better, I think of a character from a kids show that was on years ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH9CWSD_Q2g

(the one on the left is Moose)
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    100%

I've had 2 usernames since 2006. This and just "RabidWolverine"...I kept this changed one after I lost my password and I suppose just so people would recognise me.

Rabid Wolverine was the nick name of (at the time) one of my favourite professional wrestlers Chris Benoit. (Former WCW and WWE World Heavyweight Champion). But in June 2007 Mr. Benoit no showed a pay per view citing a family emergency, over the next 2 days proceeded to strangle his Wife and 7 year old son before hanging himself.

It reportedly came down to he suffered psychological conditions due to so many concussions. But in hindsight yes a bad choice and I really should have changed it but it was just so people remembered.

But yeah Mr. Benoit was bat shit crazy
    Forum Member
    I do only in the sense that whenever I say something that others disagree with, they go "Hmm, you ARE silly, aren't you?" :rolleyes: :o

Also, people seem to think I'm called Billy. I am not. :D

But, mainly, I quite like it. I rather like the double-meaning, with the phrase "silly billy", and the animal "billy goat" being combined to make a silly billy goat. It also ties in nicely with this thread's title. :cool::o:o

:D I like yours for the BIB.

But usernames that can be used as ammunition against you are a bummer, ain't they!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's a username? :confused::confused:

(sorry Uncle) :D:D
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww. I love this thread! It's educational, a short history in TV/movie characters and gives an interesting insight into poster's real lives. :) Nice one!

Love Quasi's though! :D
This discussion has been closed.