Options

The Ratpack boy/man band were fantastic.

2»

Comments

• Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were fantastic. That is 'swag', or 'swagger' to give it its correct term.

The 'tin man' - seen it all so many times of BGT; the screechy older woman with the sob story - seen it too many times of BGT; the girl band - wtf? should've gone to X Factor - but they'd have got nowhere.

Those boys were the standout act so far this series and my personal favourite BGT act ever.

Great voices, great song choice, pure voices singing a classic.

People just have no taste anymore. :D:p

I have to agree with you patsy.............I thought they were great. The Tin Man was good, but there's only so much I'd want to watch of that before I got bored. Unless he can come up with other moves it's going to be the same old same old from him.

The 40 yr old singer with the sob story. Yes she was ok, but blimey could she shout.

I second the BIB.

:)
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    Wow. What can one say about this post :D I now bow down to your superior hearing and change my mind. They are rubbish!! <sarcasm>

See that the point. You have dismissed all of reality to the point of deluding yourself that they were great.

Factually they were not.

Sometimes people do know more than me in certain areas and I listen.

It really is not an ego thing at all I'm stating facts of music. Listen or not they won't change and out of tune is NOT subjective. That is why I find it strange that there are people like yourself who seem to be unable to tell when something is off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Well despite your superior hearing and your above average knowledge I really enjoyed them . So there!!

See yet more who just can't face reality so it has to be me, my alleged superior hearing that I don't have and my ego.

When all it is is the fact that they were flat.

I don't see how that is acceptable.

As for performance well that is subjective and I thought it was very amateur karaoke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "The Ratpack boy/man band"

Strange that it should be worded that was as it did seem to not be a band but more like one bloke who had missed all the breaks and just bolted on some others to promote him.
  • Options
    opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be downloading their album and visualising Mr. Gardener on the right singing to me all the way through it. They'll do for me.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    See yet more who just can't face reality so it has to be me, my alleged superior hearing that I don't have and my ego.

When all it is is the fact that they were flat.

I don't see how that is acceptable.

As for performance well that is subjective and I thought it was very amateur karaoke.

If it helps you out Jesse, several of us on the live thread said their harmonies were off and couldn't understand why the judges were going overboard. :)
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    If they are professionals that makes their performance even more woeful because they should have worked a lot harder on those harmonies. I think why most people enjoyed the performance is because they picked a GREAT song and let's be fair they were very easy on the eye. ;)
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to read full story (I do not subscribe to The Sun)
  • Options
    rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    Reminded me of the Overtones Simon will certainly sign them up

That was my first thought - I'm a huge Overtones fan. Really annoyed me when Amanda said there's nobody else like them out there - yes there is!!