Options

Greatest Season In My Club's Long History

Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,692
Forum Member
✭✭
What a season it has been for Hull City.

FA Cup Finalists ( first time ever )
In Europe ( first time ever )
and barring a few silly results we are safe in the PL for another season even though the bookies gave us no chance

Last Thursday ( 1st May ) was the 10th anniversary of me being in the crowd at Huish Park to see Hull City beat Yeovil and get their first promotion in 19 seasons. We went up from the old Division 4, or League 3 as it was called then I believe. Now look at us.

Pinch me somebody.

Comments

• Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a season it has been for Hull City.

FA Cup Finalists ( first time ever )
    In Europe ( first time ever )
    and barring a few silly results we are safe in the PL for another season even though the bookies gave us no chance

Last Thursday ( 1st May ) was the 10th anniversary of me being in the crowd at Huish Park to see Hull City beat Yeovil and get their first promotion in 19 seasons. We went up from the old Division 4, or League 3 as it was called then I believe. Now look at us.

Pinch me somebody.

Well done indeed!
    It has been a remarkable rise for your club in recent seasons, and you should indeed be very proud of them (well bar the owner anyway!).

I wish you well in Europe next season, and it will be strange to think that you will have European action at your home ground, while we won't, I bet you would never have thought that was possible even just one or two years ago!

Enjoy these glorious moments, and good luck in the FA Cup Final!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, well done to Hull, huge respect for what you have achieved and long may it continue. btw - are you for or against the Tigers?? I think you should always be Hull City! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Yep, well done to Hull, huge respect for what you have achieved and long may it continue. btw - are you for or against the Tigers?? I think you should always be Hull City! :)

Oh I am a Hull City man. Just look what Vincent Tan's messing about at Cardiff has done to them. Should have left it be.
  • Options
    alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash in the pan. :D
  • Options
    yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are Hull in Europe? I thought if Arsenal won the Europa place went to 6th place in the league.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yaristaman wrote: »
    Are Hull in Europe? I thought if Arsenal won the Europa place went to 6th place in the league.

No, Arsenal have qualified for the CL which means FA Cup runners up ( which we wont be ) will get the Europa spot. If Arsenal were in the Europa League then runners up ( which we wont be ) don't get the spot, it goes to the next league side....which is Manchester United :D
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've had a fantastic season that's for sure. I hope it doesn't get even better on May 17th.:D
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I am a Hull City man. Just look what Vincent Tan's messing about at Cardiff has done to them. Should have left it be.
    Well at least if he changes your name to Tigers it guarantees he's not going to make you play in red or something equally horrible. ;-)

And Tigers is your traditional nickname, all the rugby league fans seemed to cope with their teams being 'rebranded' seemingly at random.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    atg wrote: »
    Well at least if he changes your name to Tigers it guarantees he's not going to make you play in red or something equally horrible. ;-)

And Tigers is your traditional nickname, all the rugby league fans seemed to cope with their teams being 'rebranded' seemingly at random.

Actually Hull FC were rebranded Hull Sharks but it was dropped after a year and they reverted back to Hull FC
  • Options
    BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big fan of Brucie, hope you win the cup and he continues the good work :)
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Hull FC were rebranded Hull Sharks but it was dropped after a year and they reverted back to Hull FC
    A mate of mine went on a 'quiz' programme on Live TV way back when, and they got asked what Leeds RL's kickname was, and he said "City". :(
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be nice if every club could have at least one really good season. :)
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,162
    Forum Member
    Congrats, OP. We've also just had the greatest season in our history (if you ignore the FA Cup).
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Congrats!

Good luck next season, will be tough juggling Europe and the PL, as we discovered this season.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,048
    Forum Member
    Good luck in 2 weeks time!

Enjoy Europe as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    afcbfan wrote: »
    Congrats, OP. We've also just had the greatest season in our history (if you ignore the FA Cup).

Who is your team ?
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say that it's gonna be bizarre seeing that you're in Europe and we're not ("we" being Man United - I know we can make it but we have to win both of our remaining games and hope Spurs lose to a Villa side who have nothing to play for).
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,162
    Forum Member
    Who is your team ?

AFC Bournemouth. Our final position of 10th in the second tier is our highest ever finish in league football.
  • Options
    yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, Arsenal have qualified for the CL which means FA Cup runners up ( which we wont be ) will get the Europa spot. If Arsenal were in the Europa League then runners up ( which we wont be ) don't get the spot, it goes to the next league side....which is Manchester United :D

Thanks. Think I was getting confused with the league cup runners up.