Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tell you what we have to give Woodward credit he has worked wonders this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tell you what we have to give Woodward credit he has worked wonders this year.

He must have been sweating it a couple of weeks ago.

Talk about meteoric rise from zero to hero!
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It still hasn't really sunk in about Falcao, yesterday seems like one of those days where I was in a dream, am I sure this is real???

It sure will be great to see him playing for us, even if it is just for one year, a bit like Larrson, it is just good to say that he was here!

I am still sad though that Welbeck has gone from us, still we have to move forward.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    It still hasn't really sunk in about Falcao, yesterday seems like one of those days where I was in a dream, am I sure this is real???

It sure will be great to see him playing for us, even if it is just for one year, a bit like Larrson, it is just good to say that he was here!

I am still sad though that Welbeck has gone from us, still we have to move forward.

It was a disappointing/mediocre deadline day for Man United though, wasn't it?
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It won't be, barring a major injury or him being a total flop.
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »

He made that comment ages ago. People are allowed to change their opinion every few hours.
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Falcao's reported wages seem to keep dropping. The Guardian saying 190k.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »

Do we have to go over old ground yet again, I thought that I tried to explain myself fully previously?

It won't be, barring a major injury or him being a total flop.

It would of course be good to keep for more than the single year, so I hope that does happen.
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    He made that comment ages ago. People are allowed to change their opinion every few hours.

My opinion hasn't changed.
  • Options
    Adam LawAdam Law Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been confirmed Falcao is #9.

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/506728359599308800

Wonder what number Blind will be?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We certainly do, last year he fully deserved the criticism and flak that came his way, this summer however, he most certainly has turned that around, so well done to Ed for all of the good business both in and out of the club.
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    Falcao's reported wages seem to keep dropping. The Guardian saying 190k.

Next thing you know he will be donating them all to charity and playing for free like Becks at PSG! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Law wrote: »
    Been confirmed Falcao is #9.

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/506728359599308800

Wonder what number Blind will be?

I bet that number nine shirt will be a roaring success for the merchandising department! :o;-)

Blind will be a teen number I would suspect.
  • Options
    Adam LawAdam Law Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet that number nine shirt will be a roaring success for the merchandising department! :o;-)

Blind will be a teen number I would suspect.

:)

Maybe 14 I'm guessing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Law wrote: »
    :)

Maybe 14 I'm guessing.

I think that I might just get his name and number on the blue kit, and either Wilson or Rojo on the white one, I haven't quite decided yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that I might just get his name and number on the blue kit, and either Wilson or Rojo on the white one, I haven't quite decided yet.

Did you get "Anderson Herrera" on the red one then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would of course be good to keep for more than the single year, so I hope that does happen.

Monaco need to receive the 'proper' transfer fee next summer, for FFP reasons.

That's the main reason that it's a loan.
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Here we go! Everyone's version of his pay! lol

According to the Telegraph it's £265,00 a week.
    There's no way they'll pay anyone a wage starting with 3 (as someone put it last night)

Rooney's on 235,000, though the Sun will never admit that!

Some people are going on the fact he didn't pay tax at his last club.
    And they're all guesses anyway.

As has been pointed out numerous times no one on here knows what Rooney is being paid, so like everyone else you ave no idea so are hardly in a position to dispute anyone's claims. It just seems odd that people are expecting the rest of us to believe Falcao is taking a 50% ( or thereabouts) reduction in wages to go to Man utd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you get "Anderson Herrera" on the red one then?

Nope, just "Ander Herrera" and "21".

So part if next summer's budget has been been already spent on making his move permanent then?

Interesting, not that of course we cannot afford it plus more (we can and will), just that I am just trying to understand this loan/transfer a but better, so thanks for clearing that up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    As has been pointed out numerous times no one on here knows what Rooney is being paid, so like everyone else you ave no idea so are hardly in a position to dispute anyone's claims. It just seems odd that people are expecting the rest of us to believe Falcao is taking a 50% ( or thereabouts) reduction in wages to go to Man utd.

Why does it matter?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this could still happen or not, but there are reports that Aston Villa came in with a very late offer to loan Cleverley until January, and it could still go through.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this could still happen or not, but there are reports that Aston Villa came in with a very late offer to loan Cleverley for the season, and it could still go through.

Would be the best thing for all parties concerned if that is true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be the best thing for all parties concerned if that is true.

Apparently now, it is only up until January, which is not the longest of periods, but would actually still put him in the shop window.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blind is the new number 17 :-

Check out @ManUtd's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/506739572274122752
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sky news were saying that that was not the reason.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently now, it is only up until January, which is not the longest of periods, but would actually still put him in the shop window.

Good stuff. If we can get any kind of transfer fee for him in January that will be a plus. Bad business letting his contract run down, he should of gone last summer.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this could still happen or not, but there are reports that Aston Villa came in with a very late offer to loan Cleverley until January, and it could still go through.

Apparently Aston Villa put a bid in for a permanent move. Cleverley was at Aston Villa yesterday but left trying to get a deal with Everton that never materialised.

Now we are stuck with him >:(
This discussion has been closed.