Options

Yes campaigners in Dundee today

2»

Comments

• Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    The No campaign is led by the Scottish Labour party.

Thuggish campaigning? They invented it!

Can we stick to the issues please - like how an independent Scotland is apparently now going to cause a world depression?!!!:D:o:p
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,596
    Forum Member
    tiggertiny wrote: »
    Yes, I'm sure that is the logical explanation at least for the nationalist mindset!! :p

I apologize for saying you started the thread My mistake
    Still not a word about the disgraceful scenes in Edinburgh today from the No posters But I wouldn't really expect anything different Quick with the glib remarks and put downs but avoid discussing anything against their agenda
    Ah well that is politics for you
  • Options
    tiggertinytiggertiny Posts: 5,361
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Still not a word about the disgraceful scenes in Edinburgh today from the No posters But I wouldn't really expect anything different Quick with the glib remarks and put downs but avoid discussing anything against their agenda

Well as I wasn't there myself and have seen no TV coverage I have no idea what went on in Edinburgh today so am in no position to comment.

Worth saying that violence is not the sole prerogative of either side and is not a very intelligent way to behave especially as the case for staying in the Union has already been made. ;-)
  • Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    I've just returned from a shopping trip to Dundee and never saw any unruly behaviour by any Yes campaigners (or No campaigners, for that matter). I saw plenty 'yes' and 'no' campaign activists in the centre and we spent quite a bit of time in Henry's coffee shop, near the Caird Hall, outside of which most of the campaigning was going on and all seemed peaceful when i was there.
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthDork wrote: »
    Ah twitter, must be true then.

No doubt there'll be some blogs out there too.

Just need the police crime reference number and we're laughing.

It has to be a crime before you'll take it seriously?

Anyway, this has popped up too...
    Tom Wilson @feedthedrummer
    Labour/GMB, Exiled Northerner, and on @CULC Exec. Annoying habit of getting in the press, thus far for good reasons. Better Together.

Today's Twitter Feed

I've no doubt because he's been campaigning for Better Together you'll dismiss it as pure invention, but that's three people who've mentioned the behaviour of Yes Campaigners in Dundee today.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all look the same don't they?

I never knew Jim Davidson used this forum.

It would make plenty of sense. Davidson's family is from Bridgeton, a OO stronghold, and i'd wager this DS politics forum has a few active OO Unionist types.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disnae wrote: »
    I've just returned from a shopping trip to Dundee and never saw any unruly behaviour by any Yes campaigners (or No campaigners, for that matter). I saw plenty 'yes' and 'no' campaign activists in the centre and we spent quite a bit of time in Henry's coffee shop, near the Caird Hall, outside of which most of the campaigning was going on and all seemed peaceful when i was there.

But, but, that would mean people on Digital Spy were talking nonsense. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Eh? He thought you started the thread, but it was someone else. What the hell does being a nationalist have to do with that?

Well you stated clearly that his inability to distinguish me from another poster was because there are a lot of Unionists on here and thus nationalists apparently have difficulty telling us apart.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    But, but, that would mean people on Digital Spy were talking nonsense. :o

Many a true word ......as they say!

Now don't go blaming any of my Unionist clones for this post. :D
  • Options
    geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott Cheg wrote: »
    Such delusion... Good luck lads, in the event of a yes vote you're going to have a lot of explaining to do to the kids and grand kids... Mind you, you'll have plenty of time on your hands.

At least you'll only have yourselves to blame though, instead of those nasty English folk.

That really is pitifull. Together with making things up and using rather sensationalist thread titles, your agenda is very clear and it's most unpleasant.

Thankfully your lies won't make a jot of difference in the real world, maybe only in forum-land, so keyboard bash away and have fun! :D
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Good point. Let's dismiss it as more lies and scaremongering from the no camp.

Or someone giving a partial account on a political internet forum:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »

I've no doubt because he's been campaigning for Better Together you'll dismiss it as pure invention, but that's three people who've mentioned the behaviour of Yes Campaigners in Dundee today.

Hes talking about Dennis Skinner being heckled?!Is this the same Dennis Skinner whos a long time master heckler who even heckles at the State opening of parliament?Dennis Skinner would be fine with being heckled,hed expect and embrace it:D
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

I find this Tweet rather chilling

No campaigners are now getting interrogated by Yes activists about where they live, old and young.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    I find this Tweet rather chilling

No campaigners are now getting interrogated by Yes activists about where they live, old and young.

I wonder why one group is campaigners ie positive and another group activists ,negative?
  • Options
    lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry to dissapoint you but there were no disgracefull scenes in Edinburgh today :)
  • Options
    ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    Yes & No sides meeting in Dundee today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpnn1cybTyY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lavender50 wrote: »
    Sorry to dissapoint you but there were no disgracefull scenes in Edinburgh today :)

Is that right? Are you the flying eye or something? There were some bloody horrible scenes in Edinburgh today You ever seen the OO marching? Just because it wasn't on Sky doesn't mean it didn't happen
  • Options
    Scott ChegScott Cheg Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Well you can certainly see the makeup of each side.

Polite old ladies offering cakes vs football hooligan type unemployed sorts re-enacting a scene from braveheart!!

Most of those scumbags on the yes side have never worked a day in their lives, they're going to get a terrible shock when the money for all their benefits dries up

Good luck Scotland! That is your future, enjoy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scott Cheg wrote: »
    Well you can certainly see the makeup of each side.

Polite old ladies offering cakes vs football hooligan type unemployed sorts re-enacting a scene from braveheart!!

Most of those scumbags on the yes side have never worked a day in their lives, they're going to get a terrible shock when the money for all their benefits dries up

Good luck Scotland! That is your future, enjoy!

And you know this because? Apart of course from your inbuilt bigotry
  • Options
    lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that right? Are you the flying eye or something? There were some bloody horrible scenes in Edinburgh today You ever seen the OO marching? Just because it wasn't on Sky doesn't mean it didn't happen

Myself and everyone i know living in Edinburgh did not see or hear about "bloody horrible scenes " in Edinburgh today.
    STV news and Reporting Scotland showed nothing of this iether:confused:
    Police Scotland have said it all passed off peacefully and thanked the marchers and the public. then again maybe they are all lying!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lavender50 wrote: »
    Myself and everyone i know living in Edinburgh did not see or hear about "bloody horrible scenes " in Edinburgh today.
    STV news and Reporting Scotland showed nothing of this iether:confused:
    Police Scotland have said it all passed off peacefully and thanked the marchers and the public. then again maybe they are all lying!

Well I saw men pissing in the streets, throwing up, screaming anti Catholic abuse and acting in an intimidating fashion There were plenty offering passers by with Yes badges to fight etc
    Mind you this is typical behaviour of the loyalists so not surprising that it is ignored by many
  • Options
    AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And it's not as if their rent-a-mob behaviour hasn't been recorded at many other events.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Well I saw men pissing in the streets, throwing up, screaming anti Catholic abuse and acting in an intimidating fashion There were plenty offering passers by with Yes badges to fight etc
    Mind you this is typical behaviour of the loyalists so not surprising that it is ignored by many

I've searched everywhere online, even phoned a estate agent friend in Glasgow, yet the only place i can see this incident involving evil No voters mentioned, is via your post on Digital Spy forums.

Funny, that.
  • Options
    AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ianx wrote: »
    Yes & No sides meeting in Dundee today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpnn1cybTyY

After watching it, shouldn't that read Yes Mob seeks confrontation with No voters with shouts of 'Ya ****ing Tory Bastards.'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's nothing new at an OO march, there is always trouble where ever they march. That's why the police are always with them on their marches.