The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Killer Whales confirmed :D

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52308/grand-theft-auto-v-release-dates-and-exclusive-content?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=gtavps4xbox1pc&utm_campaign=gtavreleasedetails09122014

"Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:

- New weapons, vehicles and activities
    - Additional wildlife
    - Denser traffic
    - New foliage system
    - Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit meh to be honest, the new trailer and list of improvements I mean, won't be getting it until it has dropped in price.
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Consoles getting priority over PC, damn you cockstar! :mad:
    Mature!

In any case Rockstar are obviously going to prioritiee Consoles considering this is where they make most of their money.
    The PC release is most likely because of problems in creating the PC version rather than anything else.
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I hope some of the DLC vehicles make it into the standard city traffic. Also glad to hear the Dukes will be making a return.

I hope the user created races carry over to the next gen and that Rockstar add proper leaderboards for time trials and split times during the races.

Its kind of sad that this is the game which makes me want a next gen system :blush:
    So do I. Single Player has been neglected, what is the point of these new cars if you can only get them from your garage.

I don't think your sad at all, although I do think you are expecting too much for what is just a next gen re-release. We know there are some improvements coming but I doubt there will be much game changing improvements.
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    It's a bit meh to be honest, the new trailer and list of improvements I mean, won't be getting it until it has dropped in price.

Better to be meh now rather than over hyping it and then being disappointed when you get your hands on it. Too many people are expecting too much from what is just a next-gen release of GTA 5 with a few minor improvements.

I don't have an XB1 or PS4 but even if I did I would not be buying this. Two purchases of the same game, no thank you.
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Should get some Digital Spy private sessions up once it's released lol.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved GTA5, still got it on the 360 but I'm definitely going to get it again on the Xbox One.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the 360 version and loving it seems like I've done so much but I'm only at 50%, Rockstar greatness.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not that fussed about major gameplay improvements to be honest. I'm more interested in exploring that stunning environment in the best quality possible on consoles. The clunky frame rate and distance details are what distracted from te experience before, and these will now be fixed. Any gameplay changes or extra content are a very welcome bonus.
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not that fussed about major gameplay improvements to be honest. I'm more interested in exploring that stunning environment in the best quality possible on consoles. The clunky frame rate and distance details are what distracted from te experience before, and these will now be fixed. Any gameplay changes or extra content are a very welcome bonus.

Same here. I'm just over halfway through the PS3 version but I have decided to stop playing that and wait for the PS4 version. I'm not usually a graphics **** and have never bought the same game twice before, but with GTA V I will make an exception. :D
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently a leak from the R* website has confirmed a first person mode for both driving and also on foot. Will be coming to PS4/Xbox One/PC only.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this have heists yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Does this have heists yet?

........no.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    ........no.

Lame, that was pretty much the thing that made me say wow and buy it on day one.
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    It will come soon enough. And when it does it'll be worth the wait.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will come soon enough. And when it does it'll be worth the wait.

I got GTA V on the PS3 on the back of "online Heists" (amongst other things too btw), the length of time waiting for this is laughable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got GTA V on the PS3 on the back of "online Heists" (amongst other things too btw), the length of time waiting for this is laughable.

Yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous that the main feature they advertised for online still isn't available almost a year after online release. I don't understand how they still haven't managed to sort it out.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    The first person mode sounds interesting if it's true. Your online character can be transferred to the game, does anyone know if single player progress can be transferred too? All the progress shows on the Rockstar social club so is it beyond possibility?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    does anyone know if single player progress can be transferred too?

I hope so but not holding my breath.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    The first person mode sounds interesting if it's true. Your online character can be transferred to the game, does anyone know if single player progress can be transferred too? All the progress shows on the Rockstar social club so is it beyond possibility?

The online character is stored in the cloud but the single player character is store locally on the console so I doubt its as easy. The cross-save feature some Vita/PS3 games use could be a solution but I don't know if Rockstar would bother.

I am not sure first person GTA would feel right, although it would be interesting trying it out. I think it would give the game a whole new feel to it.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous that the main feature they advertised for online still isn't available almost a year after online release. I don't understand how they still haven't managed to sort it out.

Heists are still being worked on and have become much bigger than originally planned, it's actually going to be a major content pack update wise which is why 12GB PS3 owners have been cut off. It's no secret that it has been delayed multiple times and things have gone off track slightly with them, all I can say is that they are coming soon. But I completely understand if you don't want to wait, I do find it difficult to imagine that people ONLY bought GTAV because of online heists and not the Single Player Campaign, if you guys have seriously not enjoyed the game at all, you should probably just trade it in and write an angry e-mail to: mouthoff@rockstargames.com
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Heists are still being worked on and have become much bigger than originally planned, it's actually going to be a major content pack update wise which is why 12GB PS3 owners have been cut off. It's no secret that it has been delayed multiple times and things have gone off track slightly with them, all I can say is that they are coming soon. But I completely understand if you don't want to wait, I do find it difficult to imagine that people ONLY bought GTAV because of online heists and not the Single Player Campaign, if you guys have seriously not enjoyed the game at all, you should probably just trade it in and write an angry e-mail to: mouthoff@rockstargames.com

I obviously didn't buy it just for online but the huge online aspect, mainly heists, was the major factor in me purchasing it day one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I do find it difficult to imagine that people ONLY bought GTAV because of online heists and not the Single Player Campaign, if you guys have seriously not enjoyed the game at all, you should probably just trade it in and write an angry e-mail to: mouthoff@rockstargames.com

So do I but online heists was suppose to be a big part of GTA V and people feel let down/pissed off/fed up of waiting.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think it's worth creating a new thread for this so I'll just post it here.

GTA San Andreas is now available to download on the 360. It's remastered (I say remastered, but probably are versions based on the mobile edition of the game) and supports achievements, I'm downloading it now :)
  • Colonel_JasperColonel_Jasper Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the PS3 version.

Was gonna wait for the PS4 version but I couldn't be bothered and it's likely I won't get the PS4 until the price for it goes down.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Don't think it's worth creating a new thread for this so I'll just post it here.

GTA San Andreas is now available to download on the 360. It's remastered (I say remastered, but probably are versions based on the mobile edition of the game) and supports achievements, I'm downloading it now :)

It IS the mobile version, ported badly, the game runs at 720p/30fps with frame rate drops, draw distance glitches and MONO Audio. It's a step back from the version that WAS available.