enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
for example you stopped liking them.

Comments

• shankly123shankly123 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably Genesis once Peter Gabriel left. The first couple of albums after that were OK, but Phil Collins turned them into a pop band.
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie Goulding. I loved her debut and Anything Could Happen was good, but then she went all commercial with the likes of I Need Your Love and Burn, and she seems quite a bland person.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm starting to go off Lady Gaga. I loved her in 2009 during The Fame/Monster era. She released some great pop songs. I didn't mind the Born This Way era either for the most part but I've really gone off her lately. Her pretentious attitude, crazy fans and decreasing quality of her music is putting me off. The vomit performance was the last straw. ARTPOP is a very hit and miss album. It has some good songs but there is a lot of cack on it as well.
  • SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chili Peppers.
    Smashing Pumpkins.
    Live.
    Alice In Chains.
    Weezer.
    The Flaming Lips.

Etc....

Still enjoy their early albums of those bands but haven't bother to buy their most recent material due to deminasing over the years returns.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Yes, loads of times.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to like the mentioned Chili Peppers, they peaked with Blood, Sugar,Sex Magic and then steadily declined.
    Radiohead were/ are terrible after OK Computer.
    I have become bored of Pearl Jam and the Manics have been a bit lacking since Everything Must Go.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avril Lavigne - loved her from 'let go' era [2002] to 'best damn thing' era [2007]. bought 'goodbye lullaby' hated it and didn't even bother buying her last self titled album
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say Madonna. I was there right at the start and loved her music until her pinnacle "Vogue".

After that she fell off a musical cliff and I cannot abide her now.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with Madonna up to and including Like A Prayer album, then she bounced back with Ray of Light, then crashed again.
  • Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    The Saturdays, Jessie J, Lawson, The Wanted; all decided to go American and change their sound. What is the obsession with cracking it? Why not Europe or Japan ffs?

In fact I think most acts releasing today I have gone off as all music now mushes into a bland mix of the same sounds.

I will be loyal to ones who keep their sound and may not pay off commercially.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Aerosmith's Dream On album was pretty great... but they've been playing utter garbage ever since. (Hell that Armageddon song was written for Celine Dion)
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Used to like the mentioned Chili Peppers, they peaked with Blood, Sugar,Sex Magic and then steadily declined.
    I have become bored of Pearl Jam and the Manics have been a bit lacking since Everything Must Go.

I found the Manics sorely lacking after Generation Terrorists.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Another for Madonna, I worshipped the ground she walked on back in the day but have become a bit of a fair weather fan in recent years. Still love her older stuff and ROL though!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Brown
    Black eyed peas
    Enrique Iglesias
    Ne-Yo

One thing they have in common. All sold their soul to dance shit music. They should sounds like awful produced robots.
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like East 17 when I was 12. Went off them when I was 13
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I only ever had Pearl Jam's first two albums, but I want to start listening to some of their other stuff. I really wanted to continue to love Radiohead, I had Kid A but I just couldn't get into it. Manics Holy Bible is still one of my favourite albums but I haven't been as keen on any of their others, before or since. I like most of their stuff, but it doesn't speak to me the way THB did. I suppose a depressed 14 year old was the ideal target for that album !
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shankly123 wrote: »
    Probably Genesis once Peter Gabriel left. The first couple of albums after that were OK, but Phil Collins turned them into a pop band.

To be fair to Phil all 3 of them did. Tony Banks still wrote the majority of material on the 80s Genesis albums.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one for Ellie Goulding. Her first album was amazing and watching interviews with her she seemed so down to earth and genuine. Now she seems a tad different and her music is very bland and commercialized now.

There's a lot of bands that have had great debut albums and then the rest are awful - The Killers come to mind.

Oooo edit, just thought of my biggest disappointment. Green Day.
    I do still love them and still listen to their older music (Dookie being one of my top 10 favorite albums) but after American Idiot they went stale as hell. Listening to their new stuff makes me weep a little.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Kings of Leon. Loved the first 3 albums but don't listen to anything after that.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    Lady Gaga. I really liked her first album, her clothing was a bit out there but overall I really liked her. And then she tried too hard to shock, the clothing went from being a bit out there but working to just outright crazy.
  • rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rihanna
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Weller after The Jam. I really wanted to like The Style Council, but it just didn't do it for me.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damon Albarn's musical output since the second Gorillaz album has left me cold. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guns N Roses - from the greatest rock band in the world, to becoming Axl's own (poor quality) tribute act.

Heartbreaking. :(
  • ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Gaga. Music is still good but I have no interest in her as a person now and I doubt I'll buy her next output. She doesn't excite me anymore.