Options

My parents have Sky...can I use their sky login to watch Sky go in my house?

andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
Forum Member
My parents have Sky in their house.

I live in a different house, can I watch Sky Go on my PC using their log in details?

So effectively I'm getting sky for free?

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that would be wrong though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Or clever?
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or clever?

Well you can, I know a lot of people who use it when they went to Uni, however it doesn't represent the full sky line up and if you have Windows 8 or above, you won't be able to watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why are more people not doing this?

I could get sky and give 2 friends my log in details, and this would save them paying for sky? Assuming they're happy to watch on their PC

What are sky doing?
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Yes, of course you can. My daughter even used her own Sky Go account/iPad via her hotel free wifi in Spain despite Sky Go supposedly being limited to UK and Irish ISP addresses.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can add up to two devices but can only make one change to your devices per month.
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heinz wrote: »
    Yes, of course you can. My daughter even used her own Sky Go account/iPad via her hotel free wifi in Spain despite Sky Go supposedly being limited to UK and Irish ISP addresses.

there no "supposedly' about it.
    the only part of sky go that works outside of the UK is watching content already downloaded to the device.
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    I could get sky and give 2 friends my log in details, and this would save them paying for sky? Assuming they're happy to watch on their PC
    ... which could be connected to their TV using an HDMI cable.

Morally wrong but I'm sure Sky realised the implications before releasing the technology.
  • Options
    missbtsportmissbtsport Posts: 346
    Forum Member

Morally wrong but I'm sure Sky realised the implications before releasing the technology.

is that as wrong as someone watching it for free on line, at least the person giving their log in details to their family are paying sky some money not like the people using the internet
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    that would be wrong though

Well if the number of attached devices condition isn't being violated and Sky are being paid for the service I really don't see what the problem is.
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My parents have Sky in their house.

I live in a different house, can I watch Sky Go on my PC using their log in details?

So effectively I'm getting sky for free?
    Of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course you can!

I have given one of my Sky Go accounts to a relative. I'm not gonna use it, so someone (who I trust 100%) can benefit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cool, awesome:)
  • Options
    PatrickBateman1PatrickBateman1 Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    there no "supposedly' about it.
    the only part of sky go that works outside of the UK is watching content already downloaded to the device.

Incorrect. Sky Go works perfectly in Ireland also.
  • Options
    pjexpjex Posts: 9,398
    Forum Member

Sky Go works globally just need a UK VPN
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

you knew exactly what i meant.
    but for the pedant in you, yes we can include Eire in the supported countries like.

so i'll now say....
    the only part of sky go that works outside of the BRITISH ISLES is watching content already downloaded to the device.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjex wrote: »
    Sky Go works globally just need a UK VPN

Or an Irish one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you knew exactly what i meant.
    but for the pedant in you, yes we can include Eire in the supported countries like.

so i'll now say....
    the only part of sky go that works outside of the BRITISH ISLES is watching content already downloaded to the device.

I might have known but somebody else might not have known. It is nothing to do with being pedantic.
  • Options
    missbtsportmissbtsport Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    Could it be because most people are honest?

or people don't know you can do it.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the OP was a wealthy ebay business user with a hefty annual turnover - penny pinching or fallen on hard times...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I thought the OP was a wealthy ebay business user with a hefty annual turnover - penny pinching or fallen on hard times...?

I have no mortgage and have 180k in the bank, but why pay for sky when I can get it for free?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no mortgage and have 180k in the bank, but why pay for sky when I can get it for free?

why buy a car when you could steal one?
    why let you walk past me when i could punch you in the face?
  • Options
    Young TurksYoung Turks Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good luck with that one! last time I tried it via HDMI it would not work. Sky is a bit behind technology or thinking cheaply that disabling HDMI on Sky would make people go out get Sky multiroom.

why buy a car when you could steal one?
    why let you walk past me when i could punch you in the face?

:D:D
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your parents will be fraudulently breaching the Ts & Cs of their contract under civil law as you do not live in the household the account applies to - rather grey area as regards criminal law but you would be receiving a "pecuniary advantage" by receiving something you are not entitled to or paying for and hence guilty of stealing pay TV,