Films with twists you don't see coming

Comments

• Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Best: No Way Out.

Slick, Hitchcockian thriller with a real kicker of an ending.

Sweetest: The Lavender Hill Mob.

A wry stroke of genius in this Ealing classic.

Most WTF?: Being There.

Did he just...? Splendid turn from Sellers ends with an amazing flourish.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old boy. 100% biggest twist ive ever seen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    I was annoyed at myself for not spotting The Sixth Sense twist.

it took me a bit to get it too :o
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Crying Game certainly had a :eek: moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Old films there are so many, most of which are already listed, but for more recent films:

Oblivion
    Cabin in the Woods
    Looper

One old movie im amazed no one has mentioned, Empire Strikes Back!

Only just got round to watching this film...I had't read any reviews and I have to say I did't see the twist coming
    Forum Member
    dead silence..now that one was good

the uninvited,, was also good
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    I liked the twist in the most recent Final Destination film.

The smartest/most memorable thing about the whole film.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sixth Sense, I didn't see the twist, when you watch it back it is so obvious. But then again if I had figured out the twist, would it have made the film as good to watch.
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sixth Sense was a classic. I had no idea it was coming at all!

From Dusk Til Dawn was also a good one.I hadn't heard of the film before but after a few minutes, was sitting down with my friends enjoying the usual Tarantino film.. then all of a sudden..

After the events had slowed down, one of the mates in the group piped up with " What the **** is going on here?"
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Book of Eli.
    The book is written in Braille, revealing Eli is actually blind.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    There is a film that recently came out called Now You See It.
    007Fusion wrote: »
    It's 'Now You See Me'. I actually thought the twist was obvious, considering they alluded to it at the beginning with the guy in the blue hood appearing as each magician is introduced. It was just a matter of guessing who.
    I've only seen the film once, but didn't see that twist coming; if anything I thought the catch would be the French Detective (lass from Inglorious).
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    The Book of Eli.
    The book is written in Braille, revealing Eli is actually blind.
    This.
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Man's Shoes. Honestly didn't see that coming.
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LA Confidential - Kevin Spacey goes for a chat with his boss & Rollo Tomasi.
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention it in my first post - The Wicker Man. The original 73 version, that is. I dread to think what liberties the Cage remake has taken with the story - a Disney style schmaltzy ending for all I know.
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sleepaway Camp - Definitely one that sticks in the memory for a while
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shutter Island....kinda guessed it though early on, much like I did with The Sixth Sense.
    The twist practically makes the film completely different if you watch it again, as you spend more time looking at the signs (some very obvious on second viewing) that Di Caprio is actually an inmate of the nut house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Empire Strikes Back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just got round to watching this film...I had't read any reviews and I have to say I did't see the twist coming

Oh man, I did....VERY early on, too. The film is frustrating as overall, it's a 2 out of 5 for me, but it had SO much potential to be truly amazing. Shame, really.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Unbreakable

They called him "Mr Glass".
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    The film that made my jaw drop open at the three unexpected twists is Skyfall. Maybe this does't count as twists but I thought it was a brilliant unexpected last 20 mins or so. And I still cant believe it never leaked out before release. jusi Dench must have found that an agonising few months keeping the secret.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Shutter Island....kinda guessed it though early on, much like I did with The Sixth Sense.
    The twist practically makes the film completely different if you watch it again, as you spend more time looking at the signs (some very obvious on second viewing) that Di Caprio is actually an inmate of the nut house.

I will second Shutter Island.

Some of my mates tell me that the twist was predictable. I certainly never saw it coming, and I thought it was fantastic.
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    I will second Shutter Island.

Some of my mates tell me that the twist was predictable. I certainly never saw it coming, and I thought it was fantastic.

can someone tell me what the twist was..i seen the film and found it all confusing lol..spoilers please incase no one seen it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    The Sixth Sense, I didn't see the twist, when you watch it back it is so obvious. But then again if I had figured out the twist, would it have made the film as good to watch.

I was told there was a twist before watching it and it wrecked the film for me, I spent most of my time looking for the twist and spotted it really early.....still, its a cracker!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm normally good at spotting twists. I got The Sixth Sense within the first ten minutes. But The Others completely threw me.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An obvious one.....The Usual Suspects.

I guessed that one but only because I knew there was a twist coming.

I'd say one of the biggest twists I've ever seen was in the film Japanese Story.

I definitely want to check out some of the ones mentioned here.