Does your mom send you stupid text messages?

rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
Forum Member
✭✭
Mine does on a regular basis. For example

"It's humid today"

"It's getting dark now"

"Just made a nice dinner"

This sort of nonsense all the time which makes we want to put her on my block list.

Comments

• swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, I think that's sweet!

My mother doesn't know how to text. I've tried to teach her countless times, but she's just not getting it.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rufusrain wrote: »
    Mine does on a regular basis. For example

"It's humid today"

"It's getting dark now"

"Just made a nice dinner"

Ah, so that's who you get it from.
    This sort of nonsense all the time which makes we want to put her on my block list.

It is tempting.
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never had a text from my mum.

Why would you want to block her?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum sort of knows how to use a phone, but never answers it. Maybe she ignores me. :D
  • rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never had a text from my mum.

Why would you want to block her?

Did you not see my examples which are in fact real messages she sends me. I hear the new message alert on my phone and get semi excited. Then when I read the inane dribble she sends it's like WTF is she sending me a text about that for.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum has only recently got the hang of texting.

She tries to type in "text speak" but hasnt quite got the hang of it. Sometimes I have to read it 2 or 3 times to try and understand what she's saying! :)

Bless her
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    What a charmer you are. She is soooo lucky to have you in her life!
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not american.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then when I read the inane dribble she sends it's like WTF is she sending me a text about that for.
    Ironic really.
  • delazarousdelazarous Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you not see my examples which are in fact real messages she sends me. I hear the new message alert on my phone and get semi excited. Then when I read the inane dribble she sends it's like WTF is she sending me a text about that for.
    Maybe it's her revenge for you calling her 'Mom'.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I see you didnt lick it off the stones so.

Oh and by the way the word you are looking for is inane drivel. Not dribble
  • rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    What a charmer you are. She is soooo lucky to have you in her life!

Before you judge me I have not blocked her even though I would like to. This is so her feelings are not hurt but that is a reflection of my compassion despite her stupid texts.
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    I'm not american.
    Me neither. I bet most people here aren't either, but hey, you can do the math on that.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Me and my sister bought my mum a mobile phone after my dad died, so we could check she was ok wherever she was. However, she doesn't just keep it switched off most the time (to save wasting the battery), she actually takes the battery out of it every night, because her old lady best mate told her it's a fire risk. No amount of reasoning can persuade her otherwise.

So no, my mum doesn't text me. :D
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member

Have you read any of your own inane dribble threads. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1972326&highlight=
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and my sister bought my mum a mobile phone after my dad died, so we could check she was ok wherever she was. However, she doesn't just keep it switched off most the time (to save wasting the battery), she actually takes the battery out of it every night, because her old lady best mate told her it's a fire risk. No amount of reasoning can persuade her otherwise.

So no, my mum doesn't text me. :D

My mum's the same. Her reasoning for not turning it on when she's at home is people are supposed to be telepathic and KNOW she's at home (and hence call her on the landline) :D
    Forum Member
    Before you judge me I have not blocked her even though I would like to. This is so her feelings are not hurt but that is a reflection of my compassion despite her stupid texts.

The fact that you are calling them stupid texts is bad enough.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to have random, inane texts from their mum, but their mum isn't around to send them.

My mum, dad and I have daily talks, emails and texts, mainly about nothing in paricular, but because we like each other 😊. I feel sad for your mum that you feel strongly enough to come on here and tell us about her 'stupid texts'. Maybe she just wants contact?
  • Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're probably so wrapped up in your own little world you don't realize when she's texting
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not american.

Or from the West Midlands obviously.
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »

I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to have random, inane texts from their mum, but their mum isn't around to send them.

I agree! My mum sends me texts like the OP's and I love them and her :)
    Forum Member
    PopRocket wrote: »
    I agree! My mum sends me texts like the OP's and I love them and her :)

I even get blank texts followed by oops texts!!! They just make me chuckle!!! I also like them because I know my mum and dad are thinking about me😊.
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe her life isn't that interesting and dinner is an interesting part of her life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    She sounds like the type of person who usually take their own bags into supermarkets.
  • FriendlyGoatFriendlyGoat Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not american.

You don't need to be American. People from the Midlands say 'mom' rather than 'mum'.
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't need to be American. People from the Midlands say 'mom' rather than 'mum'.

We don't even say mom a lot of the time. We say mommy, mother, even ma.