Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Lillith wrote: »
    I hate that stupid NatWest ad where the dopey girl loses all of her money while backpacking around India ,or some exotic place, and phones her Dad who cheerfully sends her £1,500 so that she can go on her merry way.

In real life the Dad would go mental with the girl and shout,"You daft b*tch ! How could you be so careless? Do you think money grows on trees etc." He certainly wouldn't wander off down the street smiling to himself like the idiot in the ad.

I thought he sent her £1500 as well, but when you look closely, he has £1500 available, and he transfers her £200.

Still nice to have a doting Daddy who does that very happily, though!
    He probably has a few accounts with £1500 in it!
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,984
    Forum Member
    I love dogs, I do. They are often preferrable to people. BUT Ye Olde Bingo Babs Windsor and that yapping dog irritates me no end in equal measure.

"How many people have won today/thisweek/whatever?..one?(yap) two? (yap) three? (yap)....insert Carry On Chuckle here, more doggie yap yapping". Argh. Shut UP.
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one for 'Hit and Miss' that Sky are playing on every other ad-break on the Test Match at the moment. It's got to the stage where I'm instinctively muting the telly every time a commentator announces the score.
  • madmumof3madmumof3 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Like many people here, I cannot stand the Santander ad....the one where it goes 'you spend, you save, you blah blah blah......... I have to hit the mute button then, it goes on forever!

Also cannot stand the Jackpot Joy ones with Babs Windsor, surely she could find something better to do than these awful ads full of complete drivel!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I love dogs, I do. They are often preferrable to people. BUT Ye Olde Bingo Babs Windsor and that yapping dog irritates me no end in equal measure.

"How many people have won today/thisweek/whatever?..one?(yap) two? (yap) three? (yap)....insert Carry On Chuckle here, more doggie yap yapping". Argh. Shut UP.

That might have been funny to some people 30 odd years ago. it wasn't for me but it is just irritating now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Christmas can be an expensive time..."

IT'S MAY!!! What the ever bloody loving....
  • Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muller corner ad, making mixing yogurt sound artistic. The voiceover lady sounds so patronizing!

I cannot stand the aliens either, the ones from the argos ad, never have and don't think I will. Them singing around the campfire really creeps me out. I mean I actually feel like they may be coming to get me!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    HSBC

"I accept Hong Kong dollars"

Well, aren't you a cosmopolitan obnoxious little brat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramsdons
    That infuriating tart who says "Maaa branch". This advert is so cheesy it makes me gag.

NatWest
    I love how the dopey daughter looses a massive wad of cash, so just phones up daddy who sends her £1,500 like it's short change.

Churchill
    Why on earth choose Martin Clunes to be the face of your company? I hate to say it but the man possibly one of the ugliest men in the country - not exactly easy on the eye with his enormous ears and lips like a c*nt!

Tener Lady - "Ooops"
    I see this advert is back again, like a bad smell (pun well and truly intended) - The one with the woman who walks around pissing herself then casually laughs about it with her mate over the watercooler, must be some sort of weird fetish.

HTC
    Annoying little twerp who is apparently taking professional photo shoot pictures on his mobile - Imagine hiring him and the little cretin turns up and starts taking pictures on his bloody mobile rather than a proper camera :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AJXX wrote: »

Churchill
    Why on earth choose Martin Clunes to be the face of your company? I hate to say it but the man possibly one of the ugliest men in the country - not exactly easy on the eye with his enormous ears and lips like a c*nt!

Well he does look like the dog!!:D:D
  • Miss_MaladroitMiss_Maladroit Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Kazz_x wrote: »
    Muller corner ad, making mixing yogurt sound artistic. The voiceover lady sounds so patronizing!

I cannot stand the aliens either, the ones from the argos ad, never have and don't think I will. Them singing around the campfire really creeps me out. I mean I actually feel like they may be coming to get me!

Y'know when they're singing 'Ging Gang Gooly', with those blank expressions on their faces? Do you expect the camera to pan out and show an Argos delivery man rotating slowly on a spit over the campfire, or is that just me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pollyfilla have also jumped on the breathy little girl singing now, don't leave me this way slowly aaaaaaaaaaaaargh
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazz_x wrote: »

That's Miranda Hart, hopefully she was in character :)
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    The woman chuntering on about her "Three fussy boys" and how easy it is for her to prepare some cheesy, pipe-filled cyst material for dinner. She scoops it from a "Philadelphia" tub!

The J2O one with the CGI transformation of cats' heads onto human bodies is unsettling to me. It gets morre freaky when a CGI dog and mouse are also welcomed to the shindig because of their possession of the aforementioned fruit beverage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The breathy little girl singing trend in ads needs to die. It's been going for years now. Didn't Diana Vickers of X-Factor spark the whole fad? Either way, it's wretched at this point. Just so painfully twee and predictable.
    Forum Member
    The Nivea ad

It honestly sounds like those guys are banging each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    The breathy little girl singing trend in ads needs to die. It's been going for years now. Didn't Diana Vickers of X-Factor spark the whole fad? Either way, it's wretched at this point. Just so painfully twee and predictable.

It not only needs to die but then needs to have its putrid corpse shot into the sun just to make sure it can never come back.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It not only needs to die but then needs to have its putrid corpse shot into the sun just to make sure it can never come back.

It's even worse when it's men. Did you ever have the misfortune to hear the Lovefilm advert with some emasculated moron vocally raping Steve Winwood's 'Higher Love'? Eegads.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramsdens
    That infuriating tart who says "Maaa branch". This advert is so cheesy it makes me gag.

You can watch all the regional versions of this here
    http://www.ramsdensforcash.co.uk/adverts.html

Obviously some staff are more wooden than others, and some are also much more photogenic than others as well!

The Perfect Home (similar to Bright House) advert is annoying with the women who almost wets herself when she receives her new washing machine, no doubt on 1000% APR or similar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's even worse when it's men. Did you ever have the misfortune to hear the Lovefilm advert with some emasculated moron vocally raping Steve Winwood's 'Higher Love'? Eegads.

And even worse again when it's that 'kin choir!
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Ramsdons

NatWest
    I love how the dopey daughter looses a massive wad of cash, so just phones up daddy who sends her £1,500 like it's short change.

Churchill

Tener Lady - "Ooops"
    I see this advert is back again, like a bad smell (pun well and truly intended) - The one with the woman who walks around pissing herself then casually laughs about it with her mate over the watercooler, must be some sort of weird fetish.

HTC
    Annoying little twerp who is apparently taking professional photo shoot pictures on his mobile - Imagine hiring him and the little cretin turns up and starts taking pictures on his bloody mobile rather than a proper camera :rolleyes:

HE HAS £1500 AVAILABLE IN HIS ACCOUNT. HE TRANSFERS HIS DAUGHTER £200.

I thought I'd put that in capitals so it's noticed. I explained this earlier.
    It's still an annoying ad, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

IPA bitter have got a man doing it now, very twee aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he only transfers 200 she lifts a helluva lot out the bank!
  • davethepiemandavethepieman Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    elena wrote: »
    Hmm.. I dunno. Some parents are so ignorant of the carelessness of their little darlings they probably would do it without a second thought...

... Suffice to say that many of these little darlings will be travelling on mummy and daddy's cash as well, which makes it worse.

I know this probably isn't the thread for it, but...when I was a student I could barely afford to put petrol in my car to travel to lectures* so it beats me how the hell so many students can afford to take a "year off" and go around to all these exotic climes behaving like stereotypical hedonists.

(*and before someone inevitably claims I spent all my money on getting p*ssed every night, I did nothing of the sort - I paid for my studies through part time work at weekends, didn't have a student loan, have never smoked, it's a rare event for me to drink alcohol and I hate nightclubs with a passion.)

Sorry, back to the subject...
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    IPA bitter have got a man doing it now, very twee aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

It's part of a trend I've noticed.

The trend of "infantisation"

Adverts are using songs that are twee, childish and fluffy.

Corporate names are juvenile (example: MSN's search engine is called "Bing"), and even corporate logos are becoming all curvy and soft with typefaces that look like something from an episode of Teletubbies.
This discussion has been closed.