Options

Janet hitching the ride to sob story central

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a Janet fan (her voice annoys me), but she didn't strike me as milking it. The show's producers seemed to be hoping for at least a few tears or something, but fair play to the girl, she was remarkably stoic.
  • Options
    PsychedelicMonkPsychedelicMonk Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Either this FM is a heartless troll or more then likely a 12 year old child themselves

I’m 22 actually, and just because my opinion is considered as a negative one it doesn’t automatically make me a troll.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’m 22 actually, and just because my opinion is considered as a negative one it doesn’t automatically make me a troll.

I fully agree, why some people on this forum make it a personal vendetta, is beyond me, it is just a discussion not a void for people to let loose their anger on us as people!:mad:
  • Options
    BaconbaconBaconbacon Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    I completely agree with OP and its something I've been saying for a long time. Why do we need this information shared with us? I'm very sorry for her loss, but I dont give a monkeys about your personal life or anything else to do with you for that matter, I just want to see you sing. Honestly why do the viewing public need to get told that her Grandad had died? It's an attempt to make us feel sorry for her, I'm not blaming Janet for it or suggesting she milked it, but I just dont see how its neccessary that we are told this stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get a heart will you

I will happily donate one for you....
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fully agree, why some people on this forum make it a personal vendetta, is beyond me, it is just a discussion not a void for people to let loose their anger on us as people!:mad:

Okay whatever floats your boat if your moaning about a 16 year olds girl grandfather dying.

These forums really get me thinking sometimes
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS she had a very recent bereavement. It isn't as if it was Nikki and we got her dead father every week. Even with Nikki, I don't blame her as much as the producers asking her.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they should have mentioned it because a) we all knew anyway and b) Janet didn't seem that fragile over it, she didn't wobble and she didn't sing My Heart Will Go On or even Grandad so it was all strangely irrelevent to her Elvis rendition. The worst was Dermot bringing it up AGAIN after she'd sung, but rushing through it. Either deal with it, or (preferably) don't mention it but the way they did it was tactless IMO.
  • Options
    BaconbaconBaconbacon Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    I'm not blaming Janet in the slightest, nor do I feel she milked it like above poster said with Nikki. I just dont really see why we need to be told is all. It's nothing to do with the viewer, we're there to watch her sing. The producers have it in there for one reason and one reason only, as a sob story. It's not Janets fault, and its precisely threads like this that are the reason they shoudlnt even tell us info like this. It will turn some people against Janet just becaue they think "its a sob story" and blame her for it. It's unneccesary information.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Critisised for her Granda dying :( disgraceful poor girl look like she was gonna be sick tonight awful sad for her.
  • Options
    Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never get why people always feel the need to share that kind of news with us. Surelly something like that should remain private. It's actually a bit of an insult to the deceased that their death is getting exploited in such a way.

Very harsh. If she'd come out singing "grandpa we love you" I'd have been with you on this one but she didn't. The story has been all over the red tops this week which is why it was acknowldged on the live show. Janet did not break down and milk it for all it was worth, IMO she kept her emotions buttoned up and got through a difficult interview with her dignity intact. She is only 16 for gods sake and and for most people that age the death of a grandparent is the first experience of losing someone you love who is close to you. She is very young, hundreds of miles away from home/ family and apparently could not attend the funeral due to X-Factor. IMO she has handled what must be a terribly difficult time in a very mature and adult way without trying to capitalise on it for her own benefit on the show.

Jesus some of you just cut a young girl some slack and leave her alone to get over her loss.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Okay whatever floats your boat if your moaning about a 16 year olds girl grandfather dying.

These forums really get me thinking sometimes

They get me thinking sometimes...why do I bother with an opinion? I'm not floating a boat about this X Factor's contestant's Grandfather dying at all, she's just a brilliant, unique singer, that is all and that's my opinion!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She couldn't help what happened this week so i'm not surprised it was mentioned (although when Paije's geandmother died they didn't mention it in his VT, Louis just mentioned in his critique that he knew it had been a difficult week personally for him)

but her sad bereavement aside, I gert the feeling that they are going to create a waifelike victim role for janet and play on it .. they've already started in her VT with the whole not being popular or school or one of the cool kids ... it could end up as overload
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    She couldn't help what happened this week so i'm not surprised it was mentioned (although when Paije's geandmother died they didn't mention it in his VT, Louis just mentioned in his critique that he knew it had been a difficult week personally for him)

I suspect that was because Paige wasn't a producer's favourite.
  • Options
    DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she milked it at all, she was pretty stoic and sang her song without any tears or whatever the producers were probably hoping for. I didn't like her performance tonight, though - she ruined that song for me and I never want to hear her sing it again. I'm hoping for better from her next week.
  • Options
    happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never get why people always feel the need to share that kind of news with us. Surelly something like that should remain private. It's actually a bit of an insult to the deceased that their death is getting exploited in such a way.

Such a nasty post! If you don't like the girl or her singing, just say that, but this is a particularly nasty post about someone who has had a bereavement in her family. She didn't even mention it on stage or cry to milk it
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I respect Janet a bit more for how she handled it actually. She didn't cry, she just kinda nodded and wanted to get it over with. She knew as she was being asked the angle that the producers wanted and didn't go with it, so props to her for that, and it did look like she wanted to cry. She ran off stage quickly enough when she was finished.
  • Options
    holidaynumptyholidaynumpty Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My grandad just went into a home and we had the house clearance people round on Monday. They took his bureau, his wedding photos and love letters to my nan. Who's sobbing for me?

I would have sobbed with you, had I known.
    And why didn't YOU grab the photos,letters etc ???
    All that family history and stories gone and you didnt think to salvage them ???
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not heartless, just not a gullible idiot who falls for the usual sob story nonsense that we get spoon-fed each series.

What is there to "fall for" in a young girl's granddad dying?
    I doubt he arranged it to coincide with the live shows
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    happy tv wrote: »
    Such a nasty post! If you don't like the girl or her singing, just say that, but this is a particularly nasty post about someone who has had a bereavement in her family. She didn't even mention it on stage or cry to milk it

If you think that was a nasty post, then I’m sorry, but you have lived a very sheltered life. I can’t believe how sensitive some people are on here. I’m just giving my opinion, I’ve not killed anyone.
  • Options
    ishinaishina Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of all the things to whine about, you choose a 16 year old kid upset because her grandad died. Not only that, but you spin it into her miking it.

Pathetic and dishonest. Good job, bro.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pathetic thread tbh.
  • Options
    whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    This isnt Janet;s doing its producers..its clear she just wants to sing and learn, and not enter that side of things

If she came across upset or cried, she would have reason to aswell..its not all "sob story conspiracy"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ishina wrote: »
    Of all the things to whine about, you choose a 16 year old kid upset because her grandad died. Not only that, but you spin it into her miking it.

Pathetic and dishonest. Good job, bro.
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Pathetic thread tbh.

I don’t understand why people can’t acknowledge the fact she didn’t need to mention it. People are constantly blaming the producers, but she was well in her right to ask them not to mention it, and she didn’t have to talk about it herself on the VT. I think the people who can’t see the manipulative side to this are the pathetic ones. And stop calling her a kid, she isn’t under 12 years old. She’s young, but she isn’t a kid. I'm sick of seeing the same old sob story bull each year, and it's gullible people like you who keep it going. Then you come on here and try to make what I’m saying seem even more worse than it is, when I’m just simply giving my opinion.
  • Options
    rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she would have prefered to have kept it quiet, however this is the X Factor one of the most popular shows on TV, so it would be near on impossible to keep it quiet!

In fairness, they didn't put too much emphasis on her Grandad, not as much as I thought they would!