Options

Hollyoaks: Is John Paul gay? (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you remembered the JPKer's trying to do a similar thing! That's exactly what made me think the JPouger's (LOL:D) would try and do the same if JPoug became a couple. They'll want him to be happy after Ste inevitably breaks his heart by hooking up with Brendan.
    Yes the JPK fans had a petition thingy going round and really seemed to think it would work because the SE campaign did...
    What they failed to take into account was that the priest was always going to snuff it. Jake (priest) knew this from the beginning.

I know what you mean, this thread keeps drawing me back.
    We have no new information so nothing new to talk about but it's weirdly addictive....

It really is!!!

I think they managed to get a few months extra of life for priesty, but I do think there would've been full blown war if HO gave them JPK SE and not JPC! Could you imagine the complaints!!! :eek::D
  • Options
    FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    :D Gawd could you imagine in 20 years time, James or Guy decides they need the dosh, we'll all be back and nothing will have changed:eek::D

That would be totally awesome and totally sad at the same time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wjed wrote: »
    How totally weird! Here I was just flipping through DS on a whim for the first time in 3 years, only to discover that Mr Sutton's career appears to have crashed and burned. :cry:

Well, there's no way I'm watching Hollyoaks again. And I'm perfectly content with the happy ending we got. A Craig-less JP simply doesn't bear thinking about! :eek:

Still, it was a nice little moment to see some familiar names posting here. I miss you all! :D

(But I'm not coming back! :p )

You're... you're leaving us? For good? *sobs*

Well guess that's fair enough, being it was four years ago and there is no Craig!!!!:D So hello again and er.. bye!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Francy wrote: »
    That would be totally awesome and totally sad at the same time!

:p I'll be sitting in the old people's home saying to the staff 'this used to be my life once, I was a McDeaner you know?' And they'll smile at me condescendingly but I'll be happy!!!:D

So ok, maybe wouldn't be quite old enough for that home, but 30 years time, I would be!
  • Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really is!!!

I think they managed to get a few months extra of life for priesty, but I do think there would've been full blown war if HO gave them JPK SE and not JPC! Could you imagine the complaints!!! :eek::D

Well if JPk were in the wiki as a supercouple of tv then I would have maybe understood them thinking this way but as a couple they barely make a dent in any polls far less deciding to give JP and kieron a SE?! Oh please :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dequeen wrote: »
    Well if JPk were in the wiki as a supercouple of tv then I would have maybe understood them thinking this way but as a couple they barely make a dent in any polls far less deciding to give JP and kieron a SE?! Oh please :rolleyes:

Exactly! But the JPK'ers at the time, thought they really had a chance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :p I'll be sitting in the old people's home saying to the staff 'this used to be my life once, I was a McDeaner you know?' And they'll smile at me condescendingly but I'll be happy!!!:D

So ok, maybe wouldn't be quite old enough for that home, but 30 years time, I would be!

Hahaha wonderful! If I said that they would all think I'd lost the plot due to Alzheimer's, since no one knows what a McDeaner is here... But it would be worth it just for people's confusion! :D

I'm going to bed now... Night all!
  • Options
    wjedwjed Posts: 4,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're... you're leaving us? For good? *sobs*

Well guess that's fair enough, being it was four years ago and there is no Craig!!!!:D So hello again and er.. bye!

Well, since the last thing I posted regarding JP was the single word "Nope" in November 2008 I doubt my absence will make a lot of difference! ;)

It's amazing that this thread still carries on and now has a new reason to continue. But after all this time I can't really bring myself to care about JP returning. It all feels like part of the distant past.

It's a bit sad though that James couldn't get a better job; once upon a time he looked like someone with bright prospects. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly! But the JPK'ers at the time, thought they really had a chance.
    and now they are all gloating... Thanks Ho for giving them satisfaction at last!
    :rolleyes:

Ok, gone now...
  • Options
    wjedwjed Posts: 4,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and now they are all gloating... Thanks Ho for giving them satisfaction at last!
    :rolleyes:.

Anyone who's still bitter enough to gloat about a TV romance four years later needs their head examined. But I guess that's what we should expect from people who wanted JP to get together with a plank of wood. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha wonderful! If I said that they would all think I'd lost the plot due to Alzheimer's, since no one knows what a McDeaner is here... But it would be worth it just for people's confusion! :D

I'm going to bed now... Night all!

night night xx
    wjed wrote: »
    Well, since the last thing I posted regarding JP was the single word "Nope" in November 2008 I doubt my absence will make a lot of difference! ;)

It's amazing that this thread still carries on and now has a new reason to continue. But after all this time I can't really bring myself to care about JP returning. It all feels like part of the distant past.

It's a bit sad though that James couldn't get a better job; once upon a time he looked like someone with bright prospects. :(

I'm sure it was a momentous nope!!!

Yeah, after seeing James on that thriller where he played a granny basher, thought he might get some stuff on the go. I know that was before HO, but still. Maybe he should've held off on Emmerdale, so he wasn't really seen as just a soap actor.
    :rolleyes:

Ok, gone now...

They are? Seriously? But don't they realise that priesty is kind of dead and unless JP digs him up and HO go into some freaky SL about him being his true love, so even his skeleton is wonderful and JP will happily bonk that, there will be no more priesty!

Always felt the JPK thing was more a 'no JP with Craig' thing than it was a real love for the crap JPK story!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jende, this post made me think of a fabulous Alan Rickman quote about Harry Potter which bizarrely, I have always associated with my feelings on Mcdean:
    ''When I’m 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I’ll be reading Harry Potter. And my family will say to me, 'After all this time?' And I will say, 'Always.' ''

Any HP fanatics (as sadly I am) will get this reference.
    (The 'even after this time/ Always' part refer's not just to his love for the HP story but to his character's love for a woman that never died, even though she never loved him back). If you don't read/like Harry Potter this will go wayyy over your head but yayyyy to anyone who gets where I'm coming from....:o

And on that note I am off but will be back again. I always am...:o
    Night all. :cool:
  • Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night nite to one and all :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jende, this post made me think of a fabulous Alan Rickman quote about Harry Potter which bizarrely, I have always associated with my feelings on Mcdean:

Any HP fanatics (as sadly I am) will get this reference.
    (The 'even after this time/ Always' part refer's not just to his love for the HP story but to his character's love for a woman that never died, even though she never loved him back). If you don't read/like Harry Potter this will go wayyy over your head but yayyyy to anyone who gets where I'm coming from....:o

And on that note I am off but will be back again. I always am...:o
    Night all. :cool:

I get the quote, because of the general, something you love never withers, a bit like me with 'To Kill a mocking Bird' book and film! Read/seen a million times! But don't get the other bit as only seen one HP film and never read the books!

Night night x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dequeen wrote: »
    Night nite to one and all :)

Night.

I seem to be the official 'good nighter' at the moment, which isn't that good considering I was signing off a while back :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed!!! My god!!!

I think the best thing to come out of all this is posting with all you familiar names again! It's like a trip down memory lane! Sod James and this JP travesty, lets just have fun!!
  • Options
    beegee82beegee82 Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    He's a year older than Ste. I still remember the scene from Nov 2006 when Amy was hurt in the car he stole and when JP had a go at him, they called Calvin over to tell him who he was and what he'd done and he asked Ste how old he was and he said 16. JP was 17.

Oh, a lifetime ago, in HO terms! :)
    But it's why I've always remembered how old Ste is supposed to be (when they actually say their age on screen, that's a definite for me even if they change their age later on!)

I love that you remember those tiny little details! Im usually the one who does that, but I only knew he was older, as he was in Sarah's year in school, and Ste was in Amy's, and Sarah was obviously 1/2 years older than Amy!
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    beegee82 wrote: »
    I love that you remember those tiny little details! Im usually the one who does that, but I only knew he was older, as he was in Sarah's year in school, and Ste was in Amy's, and Sarah was obviously 1/2 years older than Amy!

I tend to remember when ages are mentioned if I've seen it said on screen!
    Someone said Sarah was 18 twice, though I dunno if that's true!

JP never turned 18, I know that.Everyone else got a birthday but he didn't! In about March 2007 I think it was, Jacqui said something about him being 17, and in August 2007 Spike said he was 18, so he never got a birthday, poor JP. He might this time round, who knows!

I remember Craig's 17th birthday was June 10 2005 and his 19th birthday was June 26 2007. lol (I never saw his 18th, tho he had a party so it must've been acknowledged in 2006)

I remember a continuity oddity over Kathy Barnes age. when Mike was arranging a 40th birthday party for her in September 2006.

When Sarah got engaged when she was 18, she pointed out to Mike - who wasn't happy about it - that Kathy herself got engaged at 18 cos she was pregnant with Sarah. And Kathy herself - when she was trying to talk Sarah out of her relationahip with Rhys in 2006 - told her she was pregnant at the age she was then (17) So Kathy certainly wasn't 40 in 2006, going by all that. She was nearer 35 or 36, if she had her 17 year old daughter when she was 18.

Contunity errors with ages are always fun! :)

Oh, and Frankie was 47 in 2005 "You're 47, you're not past it" was I think what Steph said to her. So I've always gone by that for Frankie's age!
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, when does JP officially come back onscreen? Is it around Xmas time?
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    Hey guys, when does JP officially come back onscreen? Is it around Xmas time?

Don't think anyone outside HO knows that yet.

Maybe he'll turn on on Christmas Day as Myra's present!

"I've come back to live at home for good after 4 years in Dublin, Mum! Happy Christmas!"

Or some such, maybe!
  • Options
    hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laura_lou wrote: »
    Ed!!! My god!!!

I think the best thing to come out of all this is posting with all you familiar names again! It's like a trip down memory lane! Sod James and this JP travesty, lets just have fun!!

While I wouldn't quite agree with you that its a travesty...I do agree that it IS nice to see some old familiar names back here ...they were some mad days on the 'MS'! And knitting snowflake cardies (looking in no particular direction!)

Now as JP is coming home for Christmas by the sound of it..I hope this means the McQueens aren't in for a miserable Christmas time story wise
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hayleyg wrote: »
    Now as JP is coming home for Christmas by the sound of it..I hope this means the McQueens aren't in for a miserable Christmas time story wise

Oh I love the idea of a proper McQueen Christmas!! When all the family are together, they're brilliant!

I'd like to see some old fashioned McQueen comedy! (Though isn't Mercy locked up or something?) so maybe they can have the humour, maybe with some reference to the members that aren't there! (Since do they ever get mentioned?).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I love the idea of a proper McQueen Christmas!! When all the family are together, they're brilliant!

I'd like to see some old fashioned McQueen comedy! (Though isn't Mercy locked up or something?) so maybe they can have the humour, maybe with some reference to the members that aren't there! (Since do they ever get mentioned?).

That would be nice but I doubt they'll be happy. Even if JP returns seemingly over Craig and happy to be back, he's bound to bring some kind of drama with him.
    Add to the fact that Mercedes is mental, Jacqui's husband is a cheat, Bart is well...Bart and Theresa is a criminal!
    They are having a miserable christmas...:p.

John Paul hated Mcqueen family Christmas celebrations anyway, even when they were happy. I always remember a bored JP slumped in his chair at The Dog during some Mcqueen family christmas drink/celebration, just before he got that 'Merry Christmas, love to see you in Dublin' text.
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be nice but I doubt they'll be happy. Even if JP returns seemingly over Craig and happy to be back, he's bound to bring some kind of drama with him.
    Add to the fact that Mercedes is mental, Jacqui's husband is a cheat, Bart is well...Bart and Theresa is a criminal!
    They are having a miserable christmas...:p.

John Paul hated Mcqueen family Christmas celebrations anyway, even when they were happy. I always remember a bored JP slumped in his chair at The Dog during some Mcqueen family christmas drink/celebration, just before he got that 'Merry Christmas, love to see you in Dublin' text.

Haha, so true!! And the 06 one when they got robbed! Yeh..... they're never destined to have a nice Christmas.

Even if JP is going to be over Craig, I'd like to see him a little downbeat. He's spent the last 5 Christmasses in Dublin, with someone he loved. Even if they split up right at the beginning of the year, the first Christmas without one another would always be tough (Or should be, because my angsty little McDean heart wants to see JP miss Craig at Christmas!!!) Unless of course, it's not their first Christmas apart, but I'm not even going to entertain that idea. :rolleyes::(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, so true!! And the 06 one when they got robbed! Yeh..... they're never destined to have a nice Christmas.

Even if JP is going to be over Craig, I'd like to see him a little downbeat. He's spent the last 5 Christmasses in Dublin, with someone he loved. Even if they split up right at the beginning of the year, the first Christmas without one another would always be tough (Or should be, because my angsty little McDean heart wants to see JP miss Craig at Christmas!!!) Unless of course, it's not their first Christmas apart, but I'm not even going to entertain that idea. :rolleyes::(

Well it would suck if John Paul just acted like Craig had never happened but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he waltzed back in all flouncy and like he'd never been away.
    Equally I can see him turning up in tears. John Paul always did love a good cry :p.
    Whichever way they play it, I can't see him crying for long anyway. He'll probably have caught the eye of some bloke by New Years Eve.....:rolleyes:
    Either way, he's not getting a happy Christmas. Such a thing rarely exists in soap land.

Awwww I'd like to see him missing Craig too.
    Maybe we'll be told that Craig is spending this Christmas with w woman. Frankie would love that. *depresses self*.