Rihanna hits back at Liz Jones

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
Forum Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2348108/Rihannas-fury-shes-branded-toxic-pop-princess-Liz-Jones.html

I'm surprised Rihanna replied to her in the first place. Liz Jones will love all the attention, even if the photo Rihanna used was a really awful one :D

Comments

• LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I for one could not care less what either of these women do or think but Rihanna needs to realise young girls do look up to her, I agree she has never asked for that role and fair dos she shouldn't have to change who she is because of it, but may be stop posting pictures of drugs etc on her Twitter pages that she knows too well that her young fans will see it, if she needs to take pics of herself smoking drugs why not keep it on her phone as private to share between friends, Unless she is after the attention....oh wait...penny dropped.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just surprised that Rihanna didn't pick up on the most vile comment Liz Jones made in that article - that the clothes she wore invited rape. That to me was where the article crossed the line from Liz's usual BS to something deeply misogynistic and hateful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her response was like something a hormonal teenager would write, what age is she??

She is trash simple as, that article must have touched a nerve..she glorifies drug use way too much, and has showed her ass/boobs/snatch to the world and went back to the scumbag Chris Brown that punched her face in? she deserves no respect from anyone.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna vs Liz Jones. A bit like death by strangulation vs slow suffocation in a landmine.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh, Rihanna. Such a skank.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liz jones froim corrie?
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rihanna is correct, but should never have really gave that cantankerous, spiteful bitch a response.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail will be loving this, but to be honest Rihanna is totally right here. That was NOT journalism. The whole article reads like a scathing personal attack on Rihanna. It gets way too personal and just downright vile:
    I don’t care if she has the voice of an angel and is self-made, feisty and confident.

All these qualities pale to nothing when we know she went back to her abusive boyfriend, Chris Brown, who pleaded guilty to assaulting her in 2009; that she promotes drug-taking, drinking and the sort of fashion sense on stage that surely invites rape at worst, disrespect at least.

This part is the worst. I'm glad Rihanna responded, though she could have put it more succinctly, it got the message across that Liz Jones printed a personal attack in a newspaper for headlines. The Daily Mail always seem to have a field day with Rihanna, they were going on about her X Factor final appearance for months because she performed in her bra. Whatever the reason, I don't think comments about Rihanna's clothes inviting rape is appropriate anywhere. Disgraceful. :sleep:
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna vs Liz Jones. A bit like death by strangulation vs slow suffocation in a landmine.

My thoughts exactly. Two vitriolic and nasty women. Thing is, whether Rihanna wants to be a role model or not, she has to accept that young women do look up to her, and I must admit, I'm no prude, but I thought that that one of her videos where she is constantly grabbing her crotch was tasteless and tacky (to say the least).

Liz Jones is just awful though.
  • Sabre92Sabre92 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one cares
  • casualtyno1fancasualtyno1fan Posts: 2,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I agree with everything Liz Jones says (apart from the 'invites rape' part - what? There's journalism, and there's plain hate!), Rihanna's reply was perfect. It's about time someone bought Liz Jones down a peg or two... not that it's going to make any difference - Rihanna will still be the same-old attention-seeking girl, and Liz Jones will still be the same 'poor me, everything bad that has ever happened in the world has happened to me' bitter old woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I don't like Rhianna, some of her songs are catchy but her persona seems a bit self indulgent and look at me aren't I edgy and so arty but "invites rape" is a gross, uncalled for comment.

They're both gross.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Liz Jones is a Daily Mail writer, that says everything. She must have spewed out some hatred for Rihanna to have made that reply. I doubt Liz Jones will be bothered though, she'll probably be loving the attention that this is creating.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. Two vitriolic and nasty women. Thing is, whether Rihanna wants to be a role model or not, she has to accept that young women do look up to her, and I must admit, I'm no prude, but I thought that that one of her videos where she is constantly grabbing her crotch was tasteless and tacky (to say the least).

Liz Jones is just awful though.

Agree with all of this.

Can't stand either women in equal measure tbh.
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Right on bookaddict! Sick of these popstars switching their arguments, am sure Rihanna was fine appealing to kids and taking their pocket money early in her career. Then when they want to act stupid suddenly "I'm no role model".
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's about time someone fought back against that misogynistic, bile spitting, sperm stealing, repugnant excuse of a journalist they call Liz Jones. The Daily Fail is far more toxic than anything Rihanna has ever done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sabre92 wrote: »
    No-one cares

you cared enough to read the title of the thread, then click and comment though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna is right.

it`s parents who should be the only role models in a child`s life. if my child was looking somewhere else for a role model i`d question my parenting tbh.

Liz Jones needs a good hard shag tbh
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's about time someone fought back against that misogynistic, bile spitting, sperm stealing, repugnant excuse of a journalist they call Liz Jones. The Daily Fail is far more toxic than anything Rihanna has ever done.

This. Well said
    Her 'invites rape' comment was the most offensive thing I've read in a long time. And why, having no experience with children or teens of her own, does Liz soi-called Jones think that young girls are more impressionable than young boys? She's a trolling ignorant offensive hack.
    Rihanna's just this generation's Shock Pop Star. *yawn*
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Rihanna is right.

it`s parents who should be the only role models in a child`s life. if my child was looking somewhere else for a role model i`d question my parenting tbh.

Liz Jones needs a good hard shag tbh

Who would be desperate enough though?
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Liz Jones is an odious professional troll and comes across as an absolute ****. Her ''invites rape'' comment was beyond repulsive.

Let me guess - she has a book out very soon and is trying to drum up publicity, which Rihanna has inadvertently given her by responding.
  • sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    Liz Jones is an odious professional troll and comes across as an absolute ****. Her ''invites rape'' comment was beyond repulsive.

Let me guess - she has a book out very soon and is trying to drum up publicity, which Rihanna has inadvertently given her by responding.

Correct. The " book" is currently being serialised in the MOS.:yawn: