• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    The John Lewis drivel.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    The ones where Peter Andre pretends he even realised Iceland existed before they waved cheque at him. Not sure what is less believable, his attempts not to gag looking at their food or the women acting like he's some sort of sex God

^^^THIS!

As if Peter Andre would ever shop in Iceland............do me a favour...........!! *barfsmiley*

Why any celeb would put their name forward for Iceland?? Their food even looks gross in the ads on tv for heavens sake..........:o:o
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Morrisons ad. Everything about it, the music and the smugness.
  • Options
    kevin88kevin88 Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Famous Grouse annoying beardie one.

I miss the proper old grouse strutting to his quirky music.

I am sick of that advert myself. I have seen it constantly on Channel 4 and UK Gold over the weekend.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ones where Peter Andre pretends he even realised Iceland existed before they waved cheque at him. Not sure what is less believable, his attempts not to gag looking at their food or the women acting like he's some sort of sex God

That's why Peter "doesn't" go to Iceland (unless he's being paid to make an advert). I bet he gets it all delivered by his housekeeper from M&S and Waitrose.

If you had Peter Andre's money would you be dining on cheap crap frozen processed junk? They must think we're all stupid.
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    I would only give my worst enemy Schnapps

schnapps is delicious....especially peach.
    Tasted it for the first time on holiday this year and at was lovely.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Well, let's be fair, the ad and the song are about a real event that occurred during WW1, so the ad isn't a rip-off of the song at all, the song was based on that event.

The movie industry makes money out of movies about the war but when Sainsburys makes an advert with the sole intention to raise awareness of the British Legion and raise money then suddenly it's a bad thing, I applaud Sainsburys for the advert.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Famous Grouse annoying beardie one.

I miss the proper old grouse strutting to his quirky music.

He looks like a young Jimmy Saville with a beard and hair.😰
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're all just really bad and forgettable - except for the McVitie's (biscuit selection box) advert with the old people, family, dog and sat around the tree.

That's a great advert & really good with the sound and music which is being played, on it too :-)

Loved that one - so maybe there should be a thread for "Best Xmas Advert" too, unless I've missed that one or it's already here :-) :-) :-)
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh I love those artsy fartsy perfume ads!:D
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    House of Fraser one really annoys me.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Aldi. It makes me want to punch Jools Holland. It's the smug way he says 'Merry Christmas' and he's been doing it since October. Aarrgghhh!

Hate that one too with Mr. Smug >:(
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    That's why Peter "doesn't" go to Iceland (unless he's being paid to make an advert). I bet he gets it all delivered by his housekeeper from M&S and Waitrose.

If you had Peter Andre's money would you be dining on cheap crap frozen processed junk? They must think we're all stupid.

I would guarantee that the majority of celebs advertising supermarkets actually have an Ocado delivery.

What was even worse was having to ensure the Peter Andre Iceland ads every 10 minutes for 3 weeks during IAC. Think I'd rather do a Bushtucker Trial than eat most of the stuff they were advertising
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would guarantee that the majority of celebs advertising supermarkets actually have an Ocado delivery.

What was even worse was having to ensure the Peter Andre Iceland ads every 10 minutes for 3 weeks during IAC. Think I'd rather do a Bushtucker Trial than eat most of the stuff they were advertising

What's wrong with a strawberry daiquiri dome :mad::D
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree that perfume ads are bloody annoying. The scripts for them are such meaningless twaddle. There's one with Julia Roberts where she's talking about breaking out or being different or something...yeah, right. Be different. Buy some perfume from a major fashion label. That's really different.