Options

Masterchef New Zealand

Comments

• Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many master classes in this series for me. There are plenty of straightforward cookery programmes. It's seeng the contestants cooking that makes MC, not the chefs strutting their stuff.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    cika wrote: »
    Too many master classes in this series for me. There are plenty of straightforward cookery programmes. It's seeng the contestants cooking that makes MC, not the chefs strutting their stuff.

Totally agree. I usually skip the master classes
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely agree. Especially when the masterclasses are as irritating as tonight's. Who the hell plates a dinner with TWEEZERS?? I'm all for a bit of artistic food, and fine dining from time to time, but I really don't need food artistically tweezed onto a slate in artistic cubes.
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Thanks to the masterclass, I got the washing up done and the dishwasher loaded. So you know it's not all bad!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Thanks to the masterclass, I got the washing up done and the dishwasher loaded. So you know it's not all bad!!!

Now I feel bad. I just had a glass of wine and watched two 'Big Bang Theory's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a glass of wine and ranted at the masterclass!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If that pair say "second guess" one more time, I will ... Second guess myself as to what I'll say!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm going to have to buy some rabbit at the next farmers' market. My favourite meat - my mouth watered through almost all of that.

It's going to be a real shock to me if the Pink Ladies don't win!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah they seem far and away the most consistent
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very contrived challenge tonight, I thought. They've never been unable to pick who should go home from so many on any MC before and I don't believe they couldn't have done it this time.

I'm getting tired of the two boys' 'We just wandered in off the streets and don't know what we're doing' shtick. They're obviously perfectly capable and quite knowledgeable. Stop trying so hard to look laid back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jack and Cerry are so irritating. He has been like a bear with a sore head since his partner left and their false jollity in the cook-a-bunny challenge made me want to throw rabbits at them. And his attitude in this challenge was terrible and they were like headless chickens!
    I am actually glad they are gone now.

I can't make Glenn out (dark haired dude?) but the blonde one seems to be a bit more confident but I get what you mean about their "which end of the pan is which" routine is getting annoying,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Masterclass AGAIN? Bloody hell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »

I know right? But they're not a patch on my Fish Finger Pie I just made.
    I may as well go and finish my work and then settle down for Wolf Hall later
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know right? But they're not a patch on my Fish Finger Pie I just made.
    I may as well go and finish my work and then settle down for Wolf Hall later

I so want to try a fish finger pie but my other half wont entertain it, she thinks the whole idea of it is disgusting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    I so want to try a fish finger pie but my other half wont entertain it, she thinks the whole idea of it is disgusting!

It's like student food heaven! It's just like a fish pie... Except not :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »

What is it, every third or fourth show? It's ridiculous. It's as if they've stitched together MasterChef, My Kitchen Rules and ordinary cookery programmes - 'hey, guys, these are three really popular programmes in Oz, let's save money and stick them all together, it'll be a winner'.

It's a no from me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geeeeoooooooorge!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    George really shows up how second rate these NZ judges are.

And I love how positive he is - he's said something constructive and helpful to every single person.
  • Options
    BlokeeBlokee Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched a minute of this. Was watching The Simpsons and saw it was an episode I didn't like. Flicked to Watch and hit the info button and it said George was going to be a guest judge.

Thought he was excellent last night. Back to his best. Full of positive energy. That is the George we all know and love. I loved his bit about the watermelon, 'just cut the watermelon and move on' as the girls were arguing about which bit to cut out.
  • Options
    Claire_albaClaire_alba Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    totally agree with everyone about Elizabeth AND the number of masterclasses - I turn them off.

Sounds as though the NZ public werent enamoured with the series either as Masterchef was dropped shortly after it finished for a Home Improvements/DIY show. Im not putting a link up confirming that as it gives away who won - just in ase anyone else is as stupid as me and doesnt realise it will do that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh wow so they dropped it altogether?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh wow so they dropped it altogether?

A quick check on Wikipedia says it was dropped but has since been picked up by another broadcaster for 2015
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    totally agree with everyone about Elizabeth AND the number of masterclasses - I turn them off.

Sounds as though the NZ public werent enamoured with the series either as Masterchef was dropped shortly after it finished for a Home Improvements/DIY show. Im not putting a link up confirming that as it gives away who won - just in ase anyone else is as stupid as me and doesnt realise it will do that!

Thanks for that. Sorry you spoilered yourself though! Most of their audience probably passed away from despair at the masterclasss overdose. AGAIN tonight. I don't even care who won any more.

Hope the new producers have learned the lesson and go back to the tried and trusted format. If UK MC can find contestants every year I'm sure NZ can without having to resort to gimmicks and filler, even if they make it a shorter series. I wonder if the bright spark who thought this year's format was a good idea still has a job.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Still enjoying it but it's not a patch on MS Australia. I quite liked MS Ireland. I know who I'd like to win but I know who does win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh what the EFFING hell?? It's masterclass AGAIN? Jeeeeeez.