Options

F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2013 Season

Comments

• Options
    BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    I don't want to be harsh here but, well, thats your fault for using such heavily restricted overpriced equipment, find it extraordinary anyone would not have a normal PC.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I don't want to be harsh here but, well, thats your fault for using such heavily restricted overpriced equipment, find it extraordinary anyone would not have a normal PC.

I think it was more about why watch it on sky also rather than the PC. Its called the modern world for goodness sake and I also prefer to watch it on sky and surf and watch on a multitude of devices, rarely use a PC myself now to view this kind of stuff.
    Even though I have laptops, desktops, servers, mostly for legacy testing and development as part of my IT job.
    Flash is old hat now and is being phased out, even on PCs, O/S and browsers now.
    It is very frustrating that a lot of the BBC content is still flash based, but bless them as they keep saying in their tech blogs that its a slow process updating their old legacy content.
    I for one hate the BBC sports site, it looks a big jumbled mess to me. Surprised people have the time to find anything, still thats a major bonus for all the good people supplying content on this thread, saves me having to :)
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Surprised people have the time to find anything, still thats a major bonus for all the good people supplying content on this thread, saves me having to :)

Or...

http://www.huwselby.com/f1/f1vids.htm
  • Options
    Chris_WilliamsChris_Williams Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Takuma Sato has just become the 1st person to be disqualified from the new style Indycar qualifying. I've been listening to practice and qualifying live for the 1st time on Indycar.com. Tristan Vautier has been looking great all weekend!!
  • Options
    farfar Posts: 3,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked my EPG and FP1, FP2 and FP3 are all shown as being in HD on BBC2 HD on my Freesat EPG here. Maybe a delayed update?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lettice wrote: »
    Thanks to Johnny, Ted and Bianchi for a great F1 show.
    Natalie ruined the show once again and contributed nil.
    Even her weather forecast was hopeless, not sure what planet she is on but its freezing here and will be for at least a week, please Natalie just go away.
    What on earth was the Johnny soap box derby thing all about, weird.

I quite liked it when she swore (she said the mild b word). :D
  • Options
    AdderAdder Posts: 1,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I've figured out why there was no English commentary for the first 30 mins of the Grand-Am race on Motors. SPEED seem to have forgotten to book a lead commentator sounds like Calvin Fish/Dorsey Schroeder/Johnny O'Connell.
  • Options
    cocarrollcocarroll Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleasantly surprised to see BBC Two re-running complete FP1 & 2 back-to-back at a sociable hour (11:55 to 15:15).

Looking forward to seeing the viewing figures for FP on one of the main channels (I know its not BBC One!) I don't think we were able to get figures for FP on BBC Red Button.
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cocarroll wrote: »
    Pleasantly surprised to see BBC Two re-running complete FP1 & 2 back-to-back at a sociable hour (11:55 to 15:15).

Looking forward to seeing the viewing figures for FP on one of the main channels (I know its not BBC One!) I don't think we were able to get figures for FP on BBC Red Button.

Good move. 500K maybe?

Ken
  • Options
    kirstiemcnabbkirstiemcnabb Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    I don't wan
    t to be harsh here but, well, thats your fault for using such heavily restricted overpriced equipment, find it extraordinary anyone would not have a normal PC.

Used to have laptops, but no need now
    heavily restricted, huff!
    Run my fitness business all on my iPad/iPhone
    it does
    - all my web, email, shopping, watching
    - Use apps to control sky box, tv, car, satnav
    - use business specific written apps for my industry
    - company accounting, invoices, client contacts and diaries
    - All music bought, edited, played live for our fitness business
    - help and show presentations created
    - Updates to website, flyers, posters, brochures

All the girls I employ have the same setup
    We can share loads of our company docs/calenders/client lists/reports, video/chat talk easily to have group or individual meetings anywhere
    A laptop would feel oh so cumbersome now and would not be able to do a lot of it
    It works for us
  • Options
    Frank FurtFrank Furt Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OT: http://www.brandrepublic.com/news/1176808/Sky-runs-F1-activity-Chiswick-Towers-site

I can hear the Perfect Curve board meeting now:

They're car drivers. Who commute in heavy traffic. Because they love their cars, yeah? So they must like F1? Right?! Right. So let's show them a picture of some open road while they're pootling along at 3mph. That's totally like believing in better. Which is completely on message.

Then in a promotional synergismathon we can get some traffic lights installed, cover over the green and amber lights and have Croft shouting "Lights out, away they Sky Go!". And then for the next 5yds people will absolutely be experiencing the full-fat F1 experience. Then when they slow back down to a crawl again they'll be reminded of our Sky Broadband service. Can I get a quadruple-play in the room?!
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to have laptops, but no need now
    heavily restricted, huff!
    Run my fitness business all on my iPad/iPhone
    it does
    - all my web, email, shopping, watching
    - Use apps to control sky box, tv, car, satnav
    - use business specific written apps for my industry
    - company accounting, invoices, client contacts and diaries
    - All music bought, edited, played live for our fitness business
    - help and show presentations created
    - Updates to website, flyers, posters, brochures

All the girls I employ have the same setup
    We can share loads of our company docs/calenders/client lists/reports, video/chat talk easily to have group or individual meetings anywhere
    A laptop would feel oh so cumbersome now and would not be able to do a lot of it
    It works for us

Hope you've got some good backups.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ChrisE wrote: »
    Hope you've got some good backups.;)

Business cloud backup, expensive but worth it
    Works well, no worries
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very risky in my opinion, not an IT strategy I advise my clients to take.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Back to F1
    Hope you remember me asking you good folk last year about my Daughters F1 scholorship
    She has had a packed and enjoyable year and now into her second
    She has been offered a couple of job connections in the industry making me a proud Mum
    Her tales of the F1 family shows them to be such a friendly bunch
    I had my reservations for her spending a few years away, no need
    I flew out last year to the US GP to be with her, my first ever live foreign GP, Mum approved
    Hated the US though

Not sure if anyone is interested, but may be able to get some half price silvertsone GP corporate packages through my Daughter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got round to watching the F1 show. Once again really dont understand the criticism of Natalie. Shes not perfect by any means, very goofy and dorky, but she has personality and enthusiasm which puts her ahead of Simon in my book (at least the simon of last year i haven't seen enough of him this year but i hear he has improved.). Every time ive watched the F1 show this season beforehand ive read comments on here about how she ruined the show and then ive been shocked by the lack of anything remotely ruinous when watching.
  • Options
    RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie doesn't "ruin" the F1 show - but her giggly, girly style does not sit well with the straight approach of the rest of the pundits on that show - its fine for chatting up the drivers in the paddock but clashes when Ted/johnny/Karun/whoever is trying to make a serious point and she is wibbling on about shoes or eyebrows in the background.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know if she ruins the show or not but she is an average presenter and it's unfortunate that the far more talented GT has moved on
  • Options
    Richo2006Richo2006 Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I am preaching to the choir, but what a shame that British Eurosport don't realise that they have a valuable property on their hands with WSBR F3.5

Someone on Autosport said that Sky Sports F1HD should get the rights and show the series there. Doubt Bernie would allow that (non FOM content) but to be honest the series is probably giving GP2 a proper run for its money to be regarded as the premier "feeder series" for Formula One.

Oh well - another crazy event at Marrakech in WTCC. Safety car procession with too many laps run under green flag conditions!!!! :p
  • Options
    alexj2002alexj2002 Posts: 3,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richo2006 wrote: »
    Doubt Bernie would allow that (non FOM content) but to be honest the series is probably giving GP2 a proper run for its money to be regarded as the premier "feeder series" for Formula One.

Some random facts: As many F1 world champions on the 2013 grid came through World Series as came through F3000/GP2. The same number of World Series champions have gone on to become F1 world champions as F3000/GP2 champions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So frustrating how short Moto GP races are, could happily watch another 30 minutes of this
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richo2006 wrote: »
    I know I am preaching to the choir, but what a shame that British Eurosport don't realise that they have a valuable property on their hands with WSBR F3.5

Someone on Autosport said that Sky Sports F1HD should get the rights and show the series there. Doubt Bernie would allow that (non FOM content) but to be honest the series is probably giving GP2 a proper run for its money to be regarded as the premier "feeder series" for Formula One.

Oh well - another crazy event at Marrakech in WTCC. Safety car procession with too many laps run under green flag conditions!!!! :p

The first few laps today were very good. Unfortunately I had to commentate on them myself as Tom Gaymoor's voice didnt appear on the eurosport player version and so lost track of what happened through the rest of the race relying on twitter from the teams to find out what was happening and to whom.
  • Options
    dansusdansus Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So frustrating how short Moto GP races are, could happily watch another 30 minutes of this

Dorna's output looked amazing on the beeb, makes you wonder why FOM's picture cant be as good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Helio CastroNeves leads the Indycar standings after Ryan Hunter Reay won Alabama from pole. I felt sorry for Tristan Vautier not being able to keep the pace up front. James Hinchcliffe spent most of the race waiting for a yellow flag - induced restart that didn't happen. Allmendinger stalled in the pits after an impressive return to US single seaters.

Elsewhere, the Auto GP in Morocco appeared to have been full of local school children with free tickets and Moroccan flags.Narain Karthikeyan showed the young drivers his experience by crashing out at the start. I think the circuit is too narrow.

Antonio Felix Da Costa is too good for World Series by Renault in my opinion.

My mother was disappointed that Dorna did not feature replays of how Bradley Smith retired from the Moto GP. It was her 1st race as she normally watches WSB.
  • Options
    JonpollakJonpollak Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live..from your front room..
    BRILLIANT !
    Jp
This discussion has been closed.