Could EE Land Big Actors at its current state?

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,065
Forum Member
✭✭
Would EE be able to poach a big actor at the moment considering its current state?

Steve John Shepherd and Ann Mitchell were well known in the Industry when they signed up but with its current situation being far from healthy would they get big names right now?

Comments

• hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont really care about big actors, I just care whether they are good actors
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I think SJS and Ann Mitchell were the only decent signings under BK...
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I'd never heard of either before EE. And I'm aware of a lot of small-time actors.
  • Chuckster2Chuckster2 Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Well I think SJS and Ann Mitchell were the only decent signings under BK...
    Thats not because they are well known actors, a good character is good character.

Sometimes its better to avoid signing big names as they dont tend to stick around for long.

Sue Johnston was lauded as a coup for Corrie yet has been quite the opposite so it doesnt always work out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think most actors actually evaluate a show before they join. If the money is good, and if they're happy with their storyline, then they will come on over.

But at this rate, good storylines don't seem likely... :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ann Mitchell has been in the business for fifty years...

They may have a budget but if they axed the deadwood they could bring in some names.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: what is it with all the EE hate threads just lately? everytime I see a thread about EE it's slagging it off. :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    :eek: what is it with all the EE hate threads just lately? everytime I see a thread about EE it's slagging it off. :eek: :D

Is it any wonder?? :confused:
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It deserves it yes, but this is bad even for DS!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,931
    Forum Member

Do you just search the board for all the negative posts about ee so you can slag it off too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Zoe Lucker was a big name and look at how they treated her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve John Sheppard was not a big name the fact that they only mention his role in This Life as one of his previous roles speaks volumes!

I dont know the last big name they brought in a put to good use was Samantha Janus and if the actor has the right pedigree like she had the character would work but tbh i'm only interested in them if they are a good actor regardless if ive heard of them or not!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    It deserves it yes, but this is bad even for DS!

The thing is, for me, it's not that EastEnders is diabolical, it's that other soaps such as Hollyoaks are phenomenal at the moment and it pains me to think that Enders was once like this! It's such a shame, they have ruined it with poor storylining and worse, neglection of characters.
  • Doctor BenchDoctor Bench Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Do you just search the board for all the negative posts about ee so you can slag it off too?

That's enough, Scrabbler. Just stop it right there.

It seems about 97% against the show right now. Just learn to accept that not everyone will agree with you.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eastenders does need some reinvigorating and it needs to bring back some sense of humor and light heartedness to it's script. The actors need to start enjoying themselves again.
  • Mr JazzmanMr Jazzman Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no respect for this trashy show, unlike Coronation Street which has a waiting list for quality actors.
    Forum Member
    That's enough, Scrabbler. Just stop it right there.

It seems about 97% against the show right now. Just learn to accept that not everyone will agree with you.

I'm not expecting everyone to agree with me, what I have noticed is that particular poster seems to blast ee and promote hollyjokes as much as he can.

If his critisicm was constructive I wouldn't object, in fact I'd probably agree with him.

I'm just fed up of seeing "ee is shit" style posts on here when there is no reasoning behind it.

And don't think you can tell me what to do either. :D
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not in its current state unfortunately. But at the same time EE does have great reputation still, so it could attract a big name or two. But most of them seem more into Corrie nowadays.
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Not in its current state unfortunately. But at the same time EE does have great reputation still, so it could attract a big name or two. But most of them seem more into Corrie nowadays.

Gary Lucy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probarly why Michael French may be stalling on a possible comeback...

Does anybody think LN will axe anybody this year? or will still have Alice, Tyler, Joey etc in a years time! perish the thought...
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Probarly why Michael French may be stalling on a possible comeback...

Does anybody think LN will axe anybody this year? or will still have Alice, Tyler, Joey etc in a years time! perish the thought...

I really think your wrong on that. If Michael French really needed work, I cannot see the fact the show is in a bad way would stop him from returning.

I'd say that as an actor, he probably prefers a bit of variety and would feel a return to Eastenders a backwards step.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary Lucy?

Is he a big actor? The only shows I've seen him in was Hollyoaks (not your favourite show I know :D) and The Bill. He is a good actor though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not expecting everyone to agree with me, what I have noticed is that particular poster seems to blast ee and promote hollyjokes as much as he can.

If his critisicm was constructive I wouldn't object, in fact I'd probably agree with him.

I'm just fed up of seeing "ee is shit" style posts on here when there is no reasoning behind it.

And don't think you can tell me what to do either. :D

BIB - Amen to that! :D
  • Mr JazzmanMr Jazzman Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he a big actor? The only shows I've seen him in was Hollyoaks (not your favourite show I know :D) and The Bill. He is a good actor though.
    Don't forget footballer's wives :p
    Forum Member

Well it depends on the term "big actor" I mean you're not going to get Johnny Depp turn up in ee.

But in this context of long running dramas, Gary Lucy's a big name. He's got plenty of experience under his belt for a start.