Ee - 18/7 -Alfie has a question for Roxy..Shirl vs Sharon.. Episode discussion thread

monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,952
Forum Member
EastEnders | Thursday 18th July | Episode Discussion Thread

preview

BBC One/BBC HD 19:30
BBC Three 22:30

30 Minutes
spoilers
cast list
Alfie Moon Shane Richie
Roxy Mitchell Rita Simons
Kat Moon Jessie Wallace
Jean Slater Gillian Wright
Ian Beale Adam Woodyatt
Denise Fox Diane Parish
Peter Beale Ben Hardy
Lucy Beale Hetti Bywater
Phil Mitchell Steve McFadden
Carl White Daniel Coonan
Kim Fox Tameka Empson
Sharon Rickman Letitia Dean
Shirley Carter Linda Henry
Max Branning Jake Wood
Abi Branning Lorna Fitzgerald
Jay Brown Jamie Borthwick
Jack Branning Scott Maslen
Michael Moon Steve John Shepherd
Janine Butcher Charlie Brooks
Alice Branning Jasmyn Banks
crew
Executive Producer
Lorraine Newman

Director
John Greening

Writer
Natalie Mitchell
music played
Robbie Williams Be a Boy
Speech Debelle Spinnin
Beyoncé Knowles If I were a Boy
Travis Where you Stand
Plan B She Said
Rihanna Rude Boy
Basement Jaxx Raindrops
The Prodigy Omen
Misha B Home Run
Ghostpoet Meltdown
Aretha Franklin Rock Steady
Queens of the Stone Age My God is the Sun
Blondie Atomic
Kelly Clarkson Stronger
Iggy Azalea Work
Gabrielle Aplin Please Don't Say You Love Me
webcam quotes
On TV: 18th July
Shirley: What I would like is for your kid to stop kicking my chair before I kick him into next week!
Sharon: You lay a finger on him and see what happens!
Sharon: You’re so toxic you should come with your own health warning.
Shirley: I’m toxic? You’re the one raising the next Norman Bates. I’m surprised he can breathe, way you smother him.
Sharon: Perfect timing. Kim has something she wants to tell you.
Shirley: You’re finally starting a Pepsi and Shirley tribute act?
On TV: 19th July
Ian: It’s a miracle your kids haven’t inherited your foghorn. Well, except Tiff anyway.
Bianca: Don’t you call my daughter a foghorn!
Ian: Said the foghorn.
Jean: It doesn’t matter what I try. I always end up looking like Boris Johnson.
Kat: Then we better get you sorted then hadn’t we?

I am away on my holidays tomorrow till the 4th august so i won't be doing any ep threads till then. i said in my last one i wouldnt be doing any but when i saw the webcam scripts for this ep i had to do it :P ive waited years for a sharon vs shirley fight, even if this is only small at least its something more than what has been since sharons return. i have enjoyed them being friendly but i think their rivalry (if its called that) could be epic.

whats interesting is is where this leads to. i also said i had wanted to try and move on from phil/shirley. after nearly 6 years i think id had enough. i even got to the point that i thought theyd have no more scenes together and Linda would be leaving cos of the fire, its bound to come out that shirley started it and i cant imagine anyone forgiving her. then i got a PM telling me they had "stuff coming up" from going to "they would have no more scenes together and therefore my hope was literally at zero" within 24 hours it had zoomed up to 50%. i was so shocked i had to double check they werent talking about sharon!
then i had doubts he was only being nice
because of the cover up, but its been nearly a year and he must be pretty stupid if he thinks shes going to say anything now. if she was going to do anything she wouldve done ages ago.she has hated on him so much but it doesnt seem to have stopped phil from caring about her.
i honestly didnt expect him to be this nice, i admit i have a tiny doubt he has a secret agenda but then he doesnt want anyone to know and even inside soap shocked me with the words they use! "smitten" "gutted" "bemused" "love" are just some of the words theve described phils feelings for shirl :p i have never used the word "smitten"for phils feelings in my entire time of being a fan of them.

i love how, even though how depressed shirley is she still manages to think about getting lexi a present. this is the daughter of the boy that killed her best friend and the granddaughter of the man who betrayed her and a woman who isnt very maternal herself, she still thinks of getting her a present!!
shes the only one who does. i think of it this way "sharon almost killed lexi, shirley is the only one who gets her a present!"
it just shows who really is the best woman for phil and she is right she was the best thing that ever happen to him. out of all his women shes the one who still thinks of getting lexi a present - noone else would!

shirley has tried to move on but something always seems to bring her back down and it does get really depressing after a while. i preferred shirley when she was happy and settled. she drank less and was far less bitter. i still want her to get her happy ending with phil (which after those spoilers its hopeful!) but i hope they kill her off. its the only ending she deserves and the only one Linda deserves. I can't see her ever coming back if she does leave.

Who is best suited to phil? 88 votes

Shirley
29%
InspirationSecretLifeoBeesmonalisa62003valdMiss HavershamMiniMeTooadamlee19jojo2008[Deleted User]HarloweSuperAPJ[Deleted User][Deleted User]troy4783thejoyof_patKieranDSleahrosreLuxraylos.kavollie1004 26 votes
Sharon
21%
jamesc_715InsideSoapGambit_is_ace[Deleted User]Venetianmoongodess777Pinewoodbluesdan2008doormouse1StroppyAngelicPrincessdullireIanMandyJ-BameewdazcMiss MelonIce dragon1Admiral Star 19 votes
Neither, he should find someone else
18%
sweetazkandiSick Bulletalias alias[Deleted User]Zack06Cuishla[Deleted User]vaslav37O-JOminousGlory[Deleted User]KBambiCuddly_CatNihongaHiMyNameIsdottzie38 16 votes
Neither, he deserves to be alone
30%
SULLAmollSteveOwen[Deleted User]judy08[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]IgguldenNeomysteriokitkat1971mr mugglesHound of Lovewalford-e20[Deleted User]emmageering[Deleted User]felixrexlucasade16[Deleted User] 27 votes

Comments

• O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Mona, for the thread, :)

Could there be a Poll aswell please?

Hope its good tomorrow/today!
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,952
    Forum Member
    Shirley
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Thanks Mona, for the thread, :)

Could there be a Poll aswell please?

Hope its good tomorrow/today!

if you have one in mind, i can only do it tonight as im away tomorrow and not bringing my laptop with me
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Sharon
    Oh yes Shirley picking on a child to get at the mother, lovely. Get rid
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you have one in mind, i can only do it tonight as im away tomorrow and not bringing my laptop with me

Just a simple POLL like, did you like the episode? or rate the episode 1-10

Forum Member
    Shirley
    Bumping sorry forgot about the poll, will try do it later
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Sharon
    :eek::eek: Shirley is far to high up that cast list!!! She is ONLY just behind Sharon. The queen of Walford should be far higher than the pretender she replaced (and did so barely lifting an arched eyebrow).... Kate, Tiffany, Lisa would all have put up a better fight.
    Forum Member
    Sharon
    Oh did I miss something - when did Sharon "almost kill" a small baby -she's not Ronnie FFs.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Filiman wrote: »
    Oh did I miss something - when did Sharon "almost kill" a small baby -she's not Ronnie FFs.

Ronnie didn't 'almost kill' a small baby either!
    Forum Member
    Shirley
    The_abbott wrote: »

Lol

Considering how phil has reacted he must have thought the same.
    Forum Member
    Sharon

:p she's come a lot closer than Sharon!

Damn Mitchells and wannabe Mitchells.

Why must I live with the fact that it is because of the great watts we have these cursed Mitchells in the first place!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :p she's come a lot closer than Sharon!

Damn Mitchells and wannabe Mitchells.

Why must I live with the fact that it is because of the great watts we have these cursed Mitchells in the first place!!!

I feel the same pain about Jack Branning :D
    Forum Member
    Sharon
    She did almost kill a small child Louise though. "I sent her away" at first I thought she meant to the social but she didn't! As Louise returns later that night alone in the Vic. So Ronnie sent Louise a small child out into the night in London. I am not surprised Phil was angry, I would have killed her. She had a habit of breaking up families though. Paying off Sam to take Richard away, sending Louise away, babyswap, taking Joel from his family not for love but selfish needs.
    I love Ronnie but she was a very flawed character indeed. I hope she gets happy ending and not a tragic one with Jack. Because to end up with him would make her a worse doormat then Shirley and truly tragic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did almost kill a small child Louise though. "I sent her away" at first I thought she meant to the social but she didn't! As Louise returns later that night alone in the Vic. So Ronnie sent Louise a small child out into the night in London. I am not surprised Phil was angry, I would have killed her. She had a habit of breaking up families though. Paying off Sam to take Richard away, sending Louise away, babyswap, taking Joel from his family not for love but selfish needs.
    I love Ronnie but she was a very flawed character indeed. I hope she gets happy ending and not a tragic one with Jack. Because to end up with him would make her a worse doormat then Shirley and truly tragic.

Ronnie didn't almost kill Louise. She ran away again!

Paying off Richards mum isn't trying to kill a baby.

I have never said Ronnie is innocent of all things but shes never tried to kill a baby. The only person she wanted 'killed' was Michael.
    Forum Member
    Sharon
    Ronnie didn't almost kill Louise. She ran away again!

Paying off Richards mum isn't trying to kill a baby.

I have never said Ronnie is innocent of all things but shes never tried to kill a baby. The only person she wanted 'killed' was Michael.

No she didn't!
    Watch the clip where Phil throws down his crutches loads of them on YT.
    "She came and I saw you in a fight, as usual so I sent her away" She did not run away Ronnie sent her away. She was taking her to see Phil and changed her mind. It was Ronnie's choice. That was made clear. And I am so glad Louise was safe. Why I hated the Archie thing she never spoke up with Roxy moved in with Amy? Yet did for the live? Made no sense.

I didn't say she tried to kill a baby did I? I used that as the example of her breaking up families. She did almost kill Louise. She sent her away into London. I was so shocked at the time.

Edit -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt0m3VLnG34

"I sent her away" "She came looking for you and I sent her away"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she didn't!
    "She came and I saw you in a fight, as usual so I sent her away" She did not run away Ronnie sent her away. She was taking her to see Phil and changed her mind. It was Ronnie's choice. That was made clear. And I am so glad Louise was safe. Why I hated the Archie thing she never spoke up with Roxy moved in with Amy? Yet did for the live? Made no sense.

I didn't say she tried to kill a baby did I? I used that as the example of her breaking up families. She did almost kill Louise. She sent her away into London. I was so shocked at the time.

Yes I remember the episode. She phoned social services - there was even a scene where she was being collected from Ronnie's flat!
    Forum Member
    Sharon
    No she didn't!

Yeah that's what I was referring to - although given how negligent Ronnie has been to minors it's understandable you were confused Abbot. It can be hard to keep track.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [. I can't see her ever coming back if she does leave.

We live in hope
    Soon she is back in the gutter, or at least sleeping rough

The two bit lush.
    Forum Member
    Sharon

How about:

Did Sharon supplant Shirley too quickly?

Or

Is Sharon WATTS utter destruction of Shirley would-be Mitchell too complete??

;)
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley
    She almost killed her is a bit of a exaggeration, Ronnie never killed anyone she just been very selfish and silly in her actions in the past, all self contained bad decisions based on selfish reasons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither, he deserves to be alone
    Hey Mona , what I want to know is where you're going on holiday and will you be tweeting some Bikini snaps :D:D

Great thread it seems like ages since the last Ep :eek:
    Forum Member
    Sharon
    Harlowe wrote: »
    She almost killed her is a bit of a exaggeration, Ronnie never killed anyone she just been very selfish and silly in her actions in the past, all self contained bad decisions based on selfish reasons.

"Silly" is a bit of an understatement; so is selfish. Her crime was pretty heinous; hence why it's so unrealistic for her to return.

Let's face it: she is not exactly the poster-child of well-rounded mental health. 3 years was a ridiculous sentence anyway. Who knows: the sight of some cute little innocent toddler may lead her to snap again, especially coming back to the area that will no doubt trigger psychological associations.

Ronnie was never a strong woman.
    Forum Member
    Sharon
    Yes I remember the episode. She phoned social services - there was even a scene where she was being collected from Ronnie's flat!

Yet she came back on her own? SS don't return kids in the middle of the night to a pub. How many Sunset Beach storylines has she been involved with?
    This is why I don't like the return. Kat and Alfie could invite her to live with them and it would be unrealistic. It is not their choice, they have no say . They make checks to your home and work if applicable unannounced. Ronnie was redeemed as she took responsibility now she is going to piss all over that moving back? I mean that takes some front and would never happen in real life. Not even unrealistic but impossible.
    Was the Archie thing really planned? I found it out of character it took his death and not Roxy with young niece living there to speak up. That was putting another child in danger, she also tried to split that family up as well. When she thought the baby was Sean's she tried to take over, tell her not to tell him and leave the country. No idea why she did this so often.
    See I don't mind flawed characters and she was. I woudnt let her babysit my kids put it that way and that's before we think of the babywsap.

I love Ronnie but I know what we are in store for more Grange Hill rack bs and he will leave she will stay to support Roxy with the fall out of Kat/Alfie/Roxy. Then decide after the dust settles she needs to be with Jack after all and give her a baby too tied to this odious man. And we call Shirley a doormat?

I always wanted Roxy to say Ronnie had left prison and met a rich successful business man and was happy. But no its back to Popeye. I am sure she will be thrilled to hear he shagged her sister again. This is Newman EE what else could I expect.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley
    "Silly" is a bit of an understatement; so is selfish. Her crime was pretty heinous; hence why it's so unrealistic for her to return.

Let's face it: she is not exactly the poster-child of well-rounded mental health. 3 years was a ridiculous sentence anyway. Who knows: the sight of some cute little innocent toddler may lead her to snap again, especially coming back to the area that will no doubt trigger psychological associations.

Ronnie was never a strong woman.

Her crimes against Kat was of course horrible, I was more referring to her more earlier misdemeanors, all of its unrealistic in real time but in soap land TPTB will use whatever device they can to try and turn this shows fortunes around realism don't come into it, they see Ronnie as a popular character hence why they bringing her back too create some sort of drama in the flagging ship of Kat and Alfie & co.
    Forum Member
    Sharon
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Her crimes against Kat was of course horrible, I was more referring to her more earlier misdemeanors, all of its unrealistic in real time but in soap land TPTB will use whatever device they can to try and turn this shows fortunes around realism don't come into it, they see Ronnie as a popular character hence why they bringing her back too create some sort of drama in the flagging ship of Kat and Alfie & co.

A popular character?? Sigh - is there anything this production team is not mistaken about. She's as much hated as liked; that does not make a popular character.

I'm just glad this little return will be the end of it (and if roxy goes with her) the failure of the 3rd generation of Mitchells.
    Forum Member
    Sharon
    A popular character?? Sigh - is there anything this production team is not mistaken about. She's as much hated as liked; that does not make a popular character.

I'm just glad this little return will be the end of it (and if roxy goes with her) the failure of the 3rd generation of Mitchells.

I don't hate the Mitchells like you do, but lets me honest it is the fault of our favourite leading lady why the are all there.