Lulu

Comments

• barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Lulu. She looks fantastic and when she appears on QVC promoting her Time Bomb range I am glued. I also like her sister Edwina and often Edwina rubs the Timebomb cream on her soft skin. Lulu was once a mentor on American Idol and she got the best out of the young American starlets. She performed To sir with love and you can see how great she sounded and blew everyone away.. for Lulu is a Bomb that has blasted throughout time. I wish she was a judge on X Factor, I would sign her up. Here is the link when Lulu appeared on American idol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWHMEOgl-rQ
    You've taken the words right out of my mouth. I must get some of that Timebomb cream - and a pack of latex gloves.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I read somewhere that she is singing at the Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.

She will suddenly become Scottish again for a few weeks.

*rolls eyes*
    Forum Member
    I am trying. :)

Whatever happened to Adrienne Posta who appeared a lot with Lulu on her BBC show and also in 'To Sir With Love'. They were very similar, I always thought.

[
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww! Have we run out of Lulu facts or or we bored of the game?:cry:
    Forum Member
    Lulu's hit, 'I'm A Tiger' was written by Kim Wilde's dad.
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trudi Monk wrote: »
    Aww! Have we run out of Lulu facts or or we bored of the game?:cry:

I went to G-A-Y in London in 2008 to see some acts playing, there were a few on that night and one of the acts had a special guest and it was Lulu. Which was ok, whatever.

Later on I was waiting at the stage door as I wanted to see if September would come out as she'd been preforming and there was a group of people waiting, so next thing Lulu comes out as she thought everyone was waiting for her. But no one wanted anything signed or to talk to her or anything, so she stayed for about 30 seconds then awkwardly went back inside.

I felt kinda sorry for her but it was funny. I can't even remember who she was performing with, some girl duo who never became big.
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love 'To Sir with Love'.
    Undeniably, she has got a really good singing voice.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOVQ4vAmM7Y
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's about time that Lulu put herself forward as an MEP. She could really SHOUT about Scotland's rights as an independent European nation.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I think it's about time that Lulu put herself forward as an MEP. She could really SHOUT about Scotland's rights as an independent European nation.

She has one or is it an OBE?? Either way one or the other.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember her sister Edwina.

She presented TvAm's early kids show Datarun.

Had no idea she was still in circulation!
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually like the subtle allegorical nuances in the lyrics of Boom Bang-A-Bang.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like the subtle allegorical nuances in the lyrics of Boom Bang-A-Bang.
    I agree. Its socio-political nuances were lost on most of the Eurovision audience, even though it was translated into 32 different languages.

Thank gawd somebody else has started a "Keep Katie Price off the top" thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She dated Davy Jones for a bit. That's interesting, isn't it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    On the plus side, the Bond theme she sang (The Man With The Golden Gun) is quite funky in a 1970s way.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She dated Davy Jones for a bit. That's interesting, isn't it.

That was only for a few hours out on their date!

In fact, when Lulu broke up with Maurice, whom she'd been dating for some time before being reunited & eventually married him, Davy rang Maurice (because they were friends) if he'd mind that Davy wanted to take Lulu out for a date and Maurice agreed. Lulu said , in a later magazine interview which I read years ago, that there was nothing romantic going on between Davy & herself at that time and he was a nice guy but that was the extent of their date.

A few years ago upon reading a newspaper article on Lulu, I was surprised at her 'relevation' that there was a certain 'something' between Davy & herself while out dating together. I remember that happened after Davy Jones had died so he couldn't refute her claim. I haven't read her autobiography which was published in around the early noughties and don't know if she has mentioned it in that book or hasn't she?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    That was only for a few hours out on their date!

In fact, when Lulu broke up with Maurice, whom she'd been dating for some time before being reunited & eventually married him, Davy rang Maurice (because they were friends) if he'd mind that Davy wanted to take Lulu out for a date and Maurice agreed. Lulu said , in a later magazine interview which I read years ago, that there was nothing romantic going on between Davy & herself at that time and he was a nice guy but that was the extent of their date.

A few years ago upon reading a newspaper article on Lulu, I was surprised at her 'relevation' that there was a certain 'something' between Davy & herself while out dating together. I remember that happened after Davy Jones had died so he couldn't refute her claim. I haven't read her autobiography which was published in around the early noughties and don't know if she has mentioned it in that book or hasn't she?

Well, a few hours is "a bit", isn't it. ;-)

No idea, I'm afraid.

Just like to add, liked her version of The Man Who Sold The World. Knew it before I'd heard the Bowie version. Prefer Bowie's, mind.
  • Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lulu - blah, blah, blah, Lulu.

Best. Post. Ever.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, a few hours is "a bit", isn't it. ;-)

No idea, I'm afraid.

Just like to add, liked her version of The Man Who Sold The World. Knew it before I'd heard the Bowie version. Prefer Bowie's, mind.

I like Lulu's version of the Man Who Sold The World. I also like Bowie's version. I LOVE Nivana's version, tho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Lulu's version of the Man Who Sold The World. I also like Bowie's version. I LOVE Nivana's version, tho.

Very good too. Guess it's just a great song full stop and can't be messed up.

(Awaits link to Shirley Bassey doing a completely OTT version a la 'Something' to blow that idea out of the window. Sorry, Shirl. She's alright, really.)
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might have been mentioned already......she has sold some stuff on QVC in last few months
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    IIRC "The boat that i row" is on Lulus criminal record CV.
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    IIRC "The boat that i row" is on Lulus criminal record CV.
    The Bond theme tune The man with the golden gun is one of the best I feel, by Lulu.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best. Post. Ever.
    I'm allowed to - I started it. At least it kept Katie f*cking Price of the top for a few nano-seconds.

Which was the only reason I started it. I only picked on Lulu because of Paul Merton's fascination with her on HIGNFY :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm allowed to - I started it. At least it kept Katie f*cking Price of the top for a few nano-seconds.

Which was the only reason I started it. I only picked on Lulu because of Paul Merton's fascination with her on HIGNFY :D

Well, it was a brave and symbolic effort, King Canute. :)
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you all want to help Lulu, QVC have a TSV of her range Time Bomb on 17th July.

Please buy and help a poor sixty+ year old singer from having to tour Butlins again this year.:D