Options

World of Warcraft

Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just wondering if someone could explain how it works. I don't mean the gaming side, I mean more the registering, do you have to take a subscription out? Since I see you get a free trial.

Is it worth getting into?

Comments

• Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The free trial allows you to play the game for free for a particular time period.

Once thats up you need a monthly subscription, you pay monthly and that allows you access for that month to do whatever you want. You can cancel the subscription at any time. You can even buy "game time cards" on amazon etc if you don't fancy paying my credit card.

As for if it's worth getting into.. depends on how much you like the game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    world of warcraft is what u would play on the trial

then to continue after lvl 60 u need to by burning crusade
    then to continue after lvl 70 u need to by lich king
    then to continue after lvl 80 u need will need to buy catalsym which is due out in december

highly addictive but fun

go to the official eu wow forums to pick the best realm .
  • Options
    BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    If you pay monthly it's £8.99 per month, but you can take out longer subscriptions at a slightly reduced rate.

WoW can be a lot of fun. It is insanely addicting and there is just so much you can do in the game.

However, it is an MMO and this means that you'll have to put in a lot of time if you want to get the most out of your character(s). For a total beginner, I would estimate it would take you roughly seven days at least to get your character to maximum level. That's seven whole days of actual played time in game, or 168 hours.

Give the trial a go and see if you like it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're new to mmo's wows a good place to start. It is addictive but if you're looking for a casual game then i don't recommend this at all.

I've stopped playing it but if you get addicted then just beware of how much time you're putting into it because everything else that you intend to do with you're life starts to slip away... No matter what anyone says to get the full experience it is pretty much a time consuming (but highly enjoyable) effort especially end game with raiding and PvP. Good game though! :p
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to try an MMO that is more for casual gamers, that has better graphics and lore and less school kids shouting NOOB then Lord of the Rings Online is your bag, and from Tuesday this week is going free to play so ticks all the boxes IMHO.

PJ
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Are these people kidding? I had to put WOW back on after my computer went haywire. Once I used the discs I had I then had to download a 5gig patch. Now when I try to play it wants to download another 3gigs?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Are these people kidding? I had to put WOW back on after my computer went haywire. Once I used the discs I had I then had to download a 5gig patch. Now when I try to play it wants to download another 3gigs?

Its new update patches being downloaded. major patches are usually large.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    DarthFader wrote: »
    If you want to try an MMO that is more for casual gamers, that has better graphics and lore and less school kids shouting NOOB then Lord of the Rings Online is your bag, and from Tuesday this week is going free to play so ticks all the boxes IMHO.

PJ

I had a look at this supposedly "free" to play MMO recently, and was stunned by it's charging structure. As I expected on the Free version a lot is unavailable and you pay extra for pretty much everything.

Thing is they have two subscription options, Premiun where you still pay extra for a lot of stuff, and VIP, which amazingly doesn't include everything, and expects you to shell out even more for what seem like fundamental services.

It looks like a particularly expensive free to play MMO
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once thats up you need a monthly subscription, you pay monthly and that allows you access for that month to do whatever you want. You can cancel the subscription at any time. You can even buy "game time cards" on amazon etc if you don't fancy paying my credit card.
    You can also take long breaks, for example you can stop paying your subscription and stop playing but when you come back a year or two later and pay for another month your characters are all there waiting for you.

Though everyone else will have moved on of course :D

[Occassionally you may find that the server they were on has changed as well]
  • Options
    buffyslaybuffyslay Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i play (and have done for about 2 years now) and i love it - for me its the social aspect, as well as the playing a game.

if you want some help in game - either come on over to Aerie Peak, and look for MerryDeath, or pm me..

on another note - if i 'introduce you' i get a bonus and so do you... (not that i am trolling for new players, but ***if**** anyone was looking ....)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just be aware, I played for more than 5 years until they took it upon themselves to decide that my account details were wrong. They sent me email telling me that my details on my Blizzard account were wrong, and the only way to fix it is send them my passport, drivers lisence, bill with adress on it and a copy of my credit cards. My details are 100% correct !

Yeah, because some tard who uses a name like Awhignat thinks that because he works for Blizzard he is God. LMFAO. They demanded my passport, drivers lisnce, copy of my credit cards, bills from my adress ... I told them to go to hell and you should too, when the time comes.

They (Blizzard staff) closed my account (AFTER 5+ YEARS, I hope you can understand how furious I was) and block me from trying to pay .... until I sent them this stuff. They took my money first before they closed my account. They took my money and told me they couldn't take my money :confused: yet didn't return my money !!!!

I quit the game now, after reporting their actions to Wow concerns. 1 Month later I got an apology for previous emails and they told my account was fixed back to normal ...

Avoid this game, since the Gestapo have taken it over
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They also tried to accuse me of using fake ID, in an attempt to get my passport etc. This was after freezing my account, after telling me they couldn't accept payment but accepting payment anyway.

Screenshot of that email.

This was the first time I had been accused of using fake details, and there wasn't another previous email accusing me of that. No explanation whatsoever as to why this was happening, but it was during the Real ID fiasco.

The question that is on my mind still, is what are they doing with peoples passports and drivers lisences.