Peter Andre Okay mag Re his Brothers Cancer.

Comments

• tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    He would not have chosen that photo to be put on the front cover in relation to his brother's cancer.

The magazine puts whatever photo they want on the cover.

Even KP has complained they have used old photos of her on the front covers.
    There is no way he authorised those pictures to be used. We all know that. They are dated & hold no remote connection to the subject.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He would not have chosen that photo to be put on the front cover in relation to his brother's cancer.

The magazine puts whatever photo they want on the cover.

Even KP has complained they have used old photos of her on the front covers.

You obviously are unaware what a PR team does.
  • tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    It's just funny that you agree to Pete doing what he's doing and you think it's 'right' but if it was Katie you'd be saying something totally different - which I'm sure you have in the past.

Funny ? :( Not a word I'd use in a discussion on cancer,but you are of course entitled to that opinion.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tara27 wrote: »
    There is no way he authorised those pictures to be used. We all know that. They are dated & hold no remote connection to the subject.

If you sup with the devil its best to use a long spoon.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny ? :( Not a word I'd use in a discussion on cancer,but you are of course entitled to that opinion.

I wasn't referring to the cancer being 'funny', as you are fully aware.

I'll leave you to chat with nicola... ;)
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    But if Katie Price - someone you are very vocal about was to do the same it would be wrong? :D;):rolleyes:

Im no fan of KP but I can assure you that(heaven forbid)if any of her family were to get this awful illness...I would have no problem with her talking about her pain. As I said in an earlier post I don't have a problem with ANYONE talking about their pain because cancer affects the whole family.

I was reading an interview with Lisa Riley in a magazine the other day and she talked about her mother's cancer and how it was affecting her and how she is dealing with it.
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way I see it is this: it is true that no one has the right to tell someone how to act in times of grief but when you are a minor zeleb and broadcasting your every breath to the media, people will comment.

Cancer is a very sensitive topic for many myself included and I think that's why people object to it being used to sell magazines and newspapers the way that it is. Appearing on the front of a magazine with a old inappropriate photo is in bad taste. As is the headline.

Peter and his family will be going through a difficult time- however is it right that such a private, sensitive matter is used to gain sympathy and generate work? does Peter need to tell the public every little detail? No he doesn't. But by selling stories it's gaining him sympathy and playing up to the devoted family man image. Not to mention being a nice little earner. If it were me I could not make money out of my siblings illness. Not could I use it to get myself work. It's in very bad taste, his brother has a disease, he shouldn't be used as a ploy to get Pete headlines. But then there in lies the problem; the ony headlines Pete has had recently has been down to his personal life.

When Kylie Minogue had cancer did we get regular updates from Dannii? No. Some things are just private and do need to be played out. A concept lost on Peter!
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    The way I see it is this: it is true that no one has the right to tell someone how to act in times of grief but when you are a minor zeleb and broadcasting your every breath to the media, people will comment.

Cancer is a very sensitive topic for many myself included and I think that's why people object to it being used to sell magazines and newspapers the way that it is. Appearing on the front of a magazine with a old inappropriate photo is in bad taste. As is the headline.

Peter and his family will be going through a difficult time- however is it right that such a private, sensitive matter is used to gain sympathy and generate work? does Peter need to tell the public every little detail? No he doesn't. But by selling stories it's gaining him sympathy and playing up to the devoted family man image. Not to mention being a nice little earner. If it were me I could not make money out of my siblings illness. Not could I use it to get myself work. It's in very bad taste, his brother has a disease, he shouldn't be used as a ploy to get Pete headlines. But then there in lies the problem; the ony headlines Pete has had recently has been down to his personal life.

When Kylie Minogue had cancer did we get regular updates from Dannii? No. Some things are just private and do need to be played out. A concept lost on Peter!

I cannot understand how anyone can fail to see the logic of your post Goldbear86.
    Forum Member

BIB...Like I asked DD earlier....How do you know that any money he may have received in relation to talking about the cancer went into his personal account? For all you know the money is going to be used to pay for his brother's treatment.

As far as im concerned this issue is just being used as. another stick for the PA haters to beat him with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do it whatever way the patient wants. This patient wants to be with his wife brothers in this fight & Peter Andre is arranging that. His choice. And if Peter Andre refused to talk about it then I have no doubt he'd get crucified in the press for not being open & frank....for being "secretive"...."what are they hiding ?" "oh look ,they are sneaking him into the UK....yeah,kept that out of his column...." on & on it would go.
    We know he is coming and we know it is what he wants and we know he has MASSIVE strong family backing. And I wish them all well.....because they are all affected & in this together.

I don't think anyone is criticising Peter for lettin his brother stay so he can access the best treatment. (assuming it is)

It is laughable tha you say that he would have been criticised for being secretive had he kept quiet- wasn't his father over here getting treatment for something? He wasn't criticised for "sneaking him in" Peter has been criticised and rightfully so for using a distressing topic like cancer as publicity for himself and no doubt in time his show.

There are millions of celebs who have had family members suffer and not used it to further their career. Dannii Minogue for one. Jeff Brazier when his ex was going through cancer said very little and still continues too. Kym Marsh- her father has been quite ill recently I understand and she has commented saying its private. You don't see her on the front of OK in a bikini saying her dad might die.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB...Like I asked DD earlier....How do you know that any money he may have received in relation to talking about the cancer went into his personal account? For all you know the money is going to be used to pay for his brother's treatment.

As far as im concerned this issue is just being used as. another stick for the PA haters to beat him with.

We know he is paid for his column, unless he does it for free which I highly doubt. Therefore he has made money out of it. As for the second bit- well that is speculation that he alone is paying for his brothers treatment? Either way he is making money out of his siblings suffering.

I am not a "hater", but I think it's disgusting that a private personal family matter is being paraded all over magazines and newspapers complete with tacky photographs and tacky emotive headlines designed to shock.
    Forum Member
    I don't think anyone is criticising Peter for lettin his brother stay so he can access the best treatment. (assuming it is)

It is laughable tha you say that he would have been criticised for being secretive had he kept quiet- wasn't his father over here getting treatment for something? He wasn't criticised for "sneaking him in" Peter has been criticised and rightfully so for using a distressing topic like cancer as publicity for himself and no doubt in time his show.

There are millions of celebs who have had family members suffer and not used it to further their career. Dannii Minogue for one. Jeff Brazier when his ex was going through cancer said very little and still continues too. Kym Marsh- her father has been quite ill recently I understand and she has commented saying its private. You don't see her on the front of OK in a bikini saying her dad might die.

BIB....How is it furthering his career? :confused:

According to his haters on here this has been career suicide for him and everyone has turned against him over it. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies for all my typos. I'm not normally such a bad speller!!
    Forum Member
    We know he is paid for his column, unless he does it for free which I highly doubt. Therefore he has made money out of it. As for the second bit- well that is speculation that he alone is paying for his brothers treatment? Either way he is making money out of his siblings suffering.

I am not a "hater", but I think it's disgusting that a private personal family matter is being paraded all over magazines and newspapers complete with tacky photographs and tacky emotive headlines designed to shock.

BIB...I have already addressed the issue of his column, it is not relevant to your argument because he has been paid to write that column for over 2 years. He would still have been paid for the column even if his brother's cancer had not been mentioned in it.
    Forum Member
    Do you know..the thing that worries me the most..is...

that I am sat here posting on this site at 3.50 in the morning! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB...I have already addressed the issue of his column, it is not relevant to your argument because he has been paid to write that column for over 2 years. He would still have been paid for the column even if his brother's cancer had not been mentioned in it.

I mention his column as you asked how did we know he had gained financially from talking about the subject- and you are correct he has had the column for years but he's mentioned it in there he has been paid- he's had a front cover on Ok and perhaps a bit inside- he will have been paid for that. The same as he will be paid when the story is repeated in newspapers.

It's my opinion he's using this to further the little career he has left. Selling your soul is PAs bread and butter. If its not having digs about a split that took place years ago and using his kids as props. The problem is people can see past the poor Pete routine now. But his management just can't seem to take him off the professional victim merry go round. His music career hasn't taken off so that just leaves him selling himself, his children and now his poor brother. Nothing is sacred to him. The guy has no shame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know..the thing that worries me the most..is...

that I am sat here posting on this site at 3.50 in the morning! :eek:

LOl my excuse is jaw ache from wisdom tooth removal!
    Forum Member
    LOl my excuse is jaw ache from wisdom tooth removal!

Ouch....poor thing. :(

Have you tried Nurofen?

I don't have an excuse, other than I can't sleep. :(

I really must try and get some sleep though.....it's Mother's Day tomorrow (today). :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch....poor thing. :(

Have you tried Nurofen?

I don't have an excuse, other than I can't sleep. :(

I really must try and get some sleep though.....it's Mother's Day tomorrow (today). :D

Yeah, it's infected though.:( nurofen is my new best friend!! After anti biotics! I just can't sleep it's too sore. Anyhow I'm off to try. Thanks for the chat everyone!
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it's infected though.:( nurofen is my new best friend!! After anti biotics! I just can't sleep it's too sore. Anyhow I'm off to try. Thanks for the chat everyone!

Nurofen does help. Hope the pain subsides soon and you manage to get some sleep.

I really must try to get some sleep too.

Goodnight. :)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate Peter Andre .. I don't know him well enough to hate him. I just don't like the actions of the man.
    On the topic of payment for his column/content of column . . Yes he will of been paid for it and IMO did not have to go into such heavy detail about his brothers illness. Peter could of mentioned his brother had a serious illness and he was going to do everything he could to help him. But from today he would be keeping his treatment etc private.
    The comment about how the press would hound him for info just doesn't stack up... The press didn't hound Kylie or her family..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This ^ and the fact that in my experience supporters of people suffering from such potentially fatal diseases spend their time and energy encouraging the sufferer in a positive fight against their illness, not writing them off in magazines by stating "if it spreads it could be fatal" even before the verdict was in fgs:mad:
  • La Dolce VitaLa Dolce Vita Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Tara, I've addressed the points that you've made yet again last night several times. Lol, I'm reading these boards on my iPhone so there isn't enough room on the screen to see who the author of each post is, keep confusing Nicola's posts for yours, remarkably similar way of writing, even down to the syntax!

Anyway, as I've said before, it is just ludicrous to say that it would be "strange" or "callous" for Peter Andre not to talk to the media about his ill brother. I find it strange and callous that people think that what Peter is doing is normal and acceptable! And to say that people would criticise Peter if he "sneaked" his brother in to the country. Err..why on earth would people criticise him for that?? I think most people would be relieved if Peter kept his gob shut and kept private matters private.

As for your continuous analogy that "people should be allowed deal cancer how they want", well that is just not a comparable analogy to what Peter is doing. Peter is entitled to deal with his brother's illness exactly how he pleases in his own private life, whether that be that he offloads on his friends, or clams up, or goes out partying, it's his own business in his own private life, and like every issue in one's private life, it's our prerogative to deal with exactly how we please. However, this is NOT Peter's private life we're dealing with here. Peter has made his brother's illness public property. He's made it into a nice little headline spinner, and invited us "in" to the drama. Once you sell a story to a celebrity magazine, you have no right to plead about "your private life" and crib about people criticising you.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tara, I've addressed the points that you've made yet again last night several times. Lol, I'm reading these boards on my iPhone so there isn't enough room on the screen to see who the author of each post is, keep confusing Nicola's posts for yours, remarkably similar way of writing, even down to the syntax!

Anyway, as I've said before, it is just ludicrous to say that it would be "strange" or "callous" for Peter Andre not to talk to the media about his ill brother. I find it strange and callous that people think that what Peter is doing is normal and acceptable! And to say that people would criticise Peter if he "sneaked" his brother in to the country. Err..why on earth would people criticise him for that?? I think most people would be relieved if Peter kept his gob shut and kept private matters private.

As for your continuous analogy that "people should be allowed deal cancer how they want", well that is just not a comparable analogy to what Peter is doing. Peter is entitled to deal with his brother's illness exactly how he pleases in his own private life, whether that be that he offloads on his friends, or clams up, or goes out partying, it's his own business in his own private life, and like every issue in one's private life, it's our prerogative to deal with exactly how we please. However, this is NOT Peter's private life we're dealing with here. Peter has made his brother's illness public property. He's made it into a nice little headline spinner, and invited us "in" to the drama. Once you sell a story to a celebrity magazine, you have no right to plead about "your private life" and crib about people criticising you.

There are a couple of posters that l mistake for each other too.....confusing eh!
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm totally bemused by the arguement that's he *has* to give us updates about his brothers cancer in his soap opera of a column because, if he didn't talk about it, everyone would alte him for it.
    If he wouldn't have made all of this public, how would any of us even know his brother had cancer, let alone that he was coming over here for his treatment? We only know anything because PA has decided to make it for public consumption, like everything else in his life.

It's nothing like when Kylie or Jade had cancer because they were the ones that were ill an of course the media would find out. But would the media find out that a non famous member of a celebrities family was ill if it wasn't made public by the famous one? I doubt it. So the point that we'd all be attacking someone over something we didn't even know was happening defies all logic imo
This discussion has been closed.