Will Young Set To Become A Judge On The Voice Uk?

Comments

• PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :rolleyes: So The Voice needs publicity again does it?
  • Grace250Grace250 Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I thought the previous 4 judges had all been confirmed for the new series?! Confused....
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will would be such a good judge but I bet this isn't true. :(
  • NoahsAarkNoahsAark Posts: 30,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you read Will's new book 'Funny, Peculiar' there is a chapter all about what the BBC did to him over The Voice.

I find it very hard to believe he would accept - and Neil Sean is hardly a good source!!
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Won't happen, they're happy with the four they've got - and if Will is still bitter about it, what would he add to the panel that Danny can't?

And despite the nose dive in the middle of the show, the ratings were pretty good in the whole context.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this isn't true.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't be true-Neil Sean is always wrong, no idea how he keeps his job!
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps someone should tell Neil Sean that this was news 12 months ago.:D

It didn't happen back then, the BBC stitched him up, the show flopped, Will went on to bigger and better things, that's it in a nutshell really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Won't happen, they're happy with the four they've got - and if Will is still bitter about it, what would he add to the panel that Danny can't?

And despite the nose dive in the middle of the show, the ratings were pretty good in the whole context.

Oh Will doesn't appear bitter about it ... he's moved on but he was very upset at the time.

Danny was the weakest on the panel IMO ... and it'll take a lot to lift it's pretty dire ratings for the next series.
  • PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Will was treated atrociously by the BBC, they told him he had the gig, and then took it away again the night before it was all confirmed. Clearly he had got excited about the prospect of helping young singers, as he already had been doing at Lipa. He was gutted. However I wonder now if he would have been disappointed with the circus it turned into, and frustrated by the format.

He's better off where he is, getting rave reviews for his performace in Cabaret to be honest!:D

The BBC may have intimated that they have confirmed judges now, but the way they do business, if I was a potential judge I wouldn't trust them not to change their minds.

Neil Sean is both stupid and a sh*t stirer:rolleyes:
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Neil Sean that man who 'writes' the little green box thingie in the Metro? I remember when he said Pink's career was dead because Sober didn't get to No.1!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marguerite wrote: »
    Perhaps someone should tell Neil Sean that this was news 12 months ago.:D

It didn't happen back then, the BBC stitched him up, the show flopped, Will went on to bigger and better things, that's it in a nutshell really.

Average ratings of 8.53m for a new show is a flop?
    Well there must be a lot of flops on TV at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    Average ratings of 8.53m for a new show is a flop?
    Well there must be a lot of flops on TV at the moment.

Of course the show flopped. It set out to find a recording artist, A VOICE, using £20 million pounds of our money and ended up with someone whose name no one remembers , who released a song that no one bought and a cancelled tour that no one wanted tickets for.

Do you call that a success?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course the show flopped. It set out to find a recording artist, A VOICE, using £20 million pounds of our money and ended up with someone whose name no one remembers , who released a song that no one bought and a cancelled tour that no one wanted tickets for.

All the finalists and some of the semi finalists are working on albums at the moment. It takes several months for an album to be written, recorded and released. Last year's X Factor winners haven't yet released their album, 12 months on. No-one can judge whether an artist is a success until they've actually released an album. They are all getting more work since The Voice and are gradually building up their fan bases.

I agree the tour was a bad idea, the tickets were too expensive especially in a recession, the venues were too large and personally I didn't think it was necessary. As Jessie J said, it has now given them time to work on their writing and recording and gigs.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,858
    Forum Member

Sweeping statements that I don't agree with ,Leannes (I remembered her name see :rolleyes:) 'single' wasn't really promoted so did well to even chart and the US version has never made stars out of people but its looking for 'The Voice' so it doesn't really matter if they're commercial or not, its the person who has the best voice (in this case Leanne) who wins-If Universal can turn them into a star then good for them and thats why they're involved but unlike X Factor whose point is to find 'recording artists' The Voice (should) be about the one thing.

And at the end of the day its an entertainment show, 25 million people have a TV licence so The Voice has cost you personally the princely sum of £1, so you've got to ask yourself did you enjoy watching it and feel like you got value for your £1-I do :p
    I really don't understand this obsession with what happens outside the show defining its success :mad:
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    forgot all about that show.. lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    The Voice has cost you personally the princely sum of £1[/B], so you've got to ask yourself did you enjoy watching it and feel like you got value for your £1-I do :p
    :

I tuned in once, for a matter of minutes. I saw two woman in a boxing ring screaming at each other . Did I enjoy it? you've got to be joking, I thought it was utter crud. But that's by the by, the topic is about Will Young joining the show.. and why as a fan, I hope there's no truth whatsoever in the rumours.
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a lovely bit in Wills book that describes when he was upset having been given the information that they had backtracked and retracted the offer of being a coach at the eleventh hour, his dog did a huge turd on the carpet.

The other judges are welcome to the show, Will certainly doesn't need it. It's far from what he imagined it to be I'm sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PCRose wrote: »
    There is a lovely bit in Wills book that describes when he was upset having been given the information that they had backtracked and retracted the offer of being a coach at the eleventh hour, his dog did a huge turd on the carpet.

The other judges are welcome to the show, Will certainly doesn't need it. It's far from what he imagined it to be I'm sure.

^ So true. I like the fact that when he thinks about it all now he smiles ... and the dog pooing is the over-riding memory :D
  • PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    MeMeMe01 wrote: »

Well, I hope they've signed water tight contracts, as the BBC are clearly quite capable of leading people up the garden path!

Having said that, the only thing that would have drawn me back to watching this show would have been a totally new judging panel. All four of them were irritating beyond belief.
  • sybilvimessybilvimes Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Sweeping statements that I don't agree with ,Leannes (I remembered her name see :rolleyes:) 'single' wasn't really promoted so did well to even chart and the US version has never made stars out of people but its looking for 'The Voice' so it doesn't really matter if they're commercial or not, its the person who has the best voice (in this case Leanne) who wins-If Universal can turn them into a star then good for them and thats why they're involved but unlike X Factor whose point is to find 'recording artists' The Voice (should) be about the one thing.

And at the end of the day its an entertainment show, 25 million people have a TV licence so The Voice has cost you personally the princely sum of £1, so you've got to ask yourself did you enjoy watching it and feel like you got value for your £1-I do :p
    I really don't understand this obsession with what happens outside the show defining its success :mad:

If this was the case then why all the back stories, which in some instances were sob stories? I began to watch the programme because I thought maybe this time the voice would be paramount. More fool me.

It was no better than X-factor and the judges were just as annoying. After the dreadful screeching in the boxing ring, already mentioned, I gave up and realised, you still can't beat a good book.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Puterkid wrote: »
    Will was treated atrociously by the BBC, they told him he had the gig, and then took it away again the night before it was all confirmed. Clearly he had got excited about the prospect of helping young singers, as he already had been doing at Lipa. He was gutted. However I wonder now if he would have been disappointed with the circus it turned into, and frustrated by the format.

He's better off where he is, getting rave reviews for his performace in Cabaret to be honest!:D

The BBC may have intimated that they have confirmed judges now, but the way they do business, if I was a potential judge I wouldn't trust them not to change their minds.

Neil Sean is both stupid and a sh*t stirer:rolleyes:

Too right. Saw it the other week. He was amazing. The role is perfect for him. A definite must see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did this wretched story come from? Oh Neil Sean - says it all.

After the way the BBC treated Will the last time round, the audacity of the people within that Corporation to even think that Will would accept. :mad:
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
    Forum Member
    I tuned in once, for a matter of minutes. I saw two woman in a boxing ring screaming at each other . Did I enjoy it? you've got to be joking, I thought it was utter crud. But that's by the by, the topic is about Will Young joining the show.. and why as a fan, I hope there's no truth whatsoever in the rumours.

You've spent more time on here moaning about the Voice than watching it....

Troll?