Options

How can people deny the Scottish votes existence?

Comments

• Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only heard of Susan Boyle (who I like a lot) from this list. Who are those others!

Kerry died last year..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_McGregor
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Its a combination of the scottish vote, as well as the grans,mums and girl vote!

Scotland will be voting for Nicholas as he is one of their own!, its normal, theirs nothing wrong with it!

I just don't want him to win, but i fear that he will come out on top!

I must have dreamt I voted for Sam tonight and actually voted for Nicholas because he's one of my own! :rolls eyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    I must have dreamt I voted for Sam tonight and actually voted for Nicholas because he's one of my own! :rolls eyes:

Nicholas has a huge teenage girl followers in all places so stop with this Scottish vote i thought luke was awful tonight wat do the x factor vocal coaches get paid for he wrecked one of favourite songs and i guess the public hear too i showed my cousin who doesn't watch the x factor the luke performance he said that was bad he had a lot of tuning problems all over the place
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Polls across the internet have had Nicolas extremely low in the voting.
    Even the most accurate `yougov` poll done this week, which is rarely ever wrong, had Nicolas with a pitiful 11% of the vote.

The reason he is in the final is because he is Scottish! Are people saying that if he was from Southend he would still be in the final? He wouldn't !

The whole scotland / Wales getting mediocre acts in to the finals has became tiresome years ago, yet it amazes me people still deny such a regional vote exists.

I have a Scottish friend who is insisting Nicolas will win because of his nationality .

Interesting. There must be something 'cos he sure can't sing and has zero personality. Should have gone out weeks ago.
  • Options
    aclevernameaclevername Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UnrealityTV: X Factor: Why Scottish votes for Nicholas McDonald are setting him up to fail

http://www.*******************/x-factor/x-factor-scottish-votes-nicholas-mcdonald-setting-fail/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    I agree with O.P, you Scots are ultra competitive, any way you can out do us English is seen as a big success.

There is no doubt whatsoever that if Nicholas wasn't Scottish he would not be in the final 2, actually he would have struggled to make top 4 if he was English.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont thinks its the scottish vote I think its more down that Nicholas who will muti vote for him
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm?

There are two people in the final, one Scottish one English.
    There are at least 10 times the number of voters in England as there are in Scotland.

So unless you think every Scottish voter is going to vote ten times more than English voters, your arithmatic is a little off OP. D minus for effort.

For the record I'm Scottish and have voted for Sam every week. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does he have any fans that aren't Scottish then? I don't know why Louis insists only people who where they're from should be encouraged to vote. Stupid.

If Sam wins tomorrow night, Nicholas McDonald will disappear without trace. If he wins he'll have an album and then disappear without trace.

Non-personality.

Louis insisted folks from Devon voted Luke, from Scotland voted Nicky. I think the term 'stupid' should be re-examined here :confused:
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even the most accurate `yougov` poll done this week, which is rarely ever wrong, had Nicolas with a pitiful 11% of the vote.

The reason he is in the final is because he is Scottish! Are people saying that if he was from Southend he would still be in the final? He wouldn't !

The whole scotland / Wales getting mediocre acts in to the finals has became tiresome years ago, yet it amazes me people still deny such a regional vote exists.

I have a Scottish friend who is insisting Nicolas will win because of his nationality .
    The only Welsh act to make it as far as an XF final was Rhydian. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    Hmm?

There are two people in the final, one Scottish one English.
    There are at least 10 times the number of voters in England as there are in Scotland.

So unless you think every Scottish voter is going to vote ten times more than English voters, your arithmatic is a little off OP. D minus for effort.

For the record I'm Scottish and have voted for Sam every week. :cool:

i don't vote but imo Nicholas could win.. he has never been in the bottom two, he has sung all the songs the producers have given him with hardly a glitch.. everyone will think Sam has has it won and wont vote for her.. Nicholas on the other hand is an underdog.. and underrated.. witness the reaction to his duet with Shane.. more performances like that tonight could see a lot of neutrals giving him a vote..
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I hadn't been watching and tuned in for the final, I'd have voted for the comedy act too, not surprising Nicholas got unexpected votes.

If you want to blame regional voting, blame the midlands for their sheeplike multivoting of sambailey.

The final placings match the regional demographics:

Midlands - sambailey

double the population of

Scotland - comedy nick

about eight times the population of

Devon - Luke

So why are you only criticising scotland? Looks like it should be the midlands that should get their phone lines cut off next series, partisan, regional block voting scum that they are.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

At least it would explain why he is in the final but he has no chance whether he wins or not of having any kind of career in the charts :cool: Wasn't Leon Scottish :confused: Where is he now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least it would explain why he is in the final but he has no chance whether he wins or not of having any kind of career in the charts :cool: Wasn't Leon Scottish :confused: Where is he now.

Mystic meg? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    singlefish wrote: »
    Mystic meg? :confused:

Intelligent member of society :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where are all the x-factor acts in the charts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thms wrote: »
    Where are all the x-factor acts in the charts?

I don't understand :confused: Therefore it's fine for Nicholas to win and not be in the charts too.

The reality is X Factor is out of touch as far as chart / current acts are concerned but they don't want to be so again and again acts get dropped very quickly. Nicholas is a prime example of this. If he wins or comes second there is nothing out there for him as far as the charts or current music is concerned. He will end up like Leon.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand :confused: Therefore it's fine for Nicholas to win and not be in the charts too.

The reality is X Factor is out of touch as far as chart / current acts are concerned but they don't want to be so again and again acts get dropped very quickly. Nicholas is a prime example of this. If he wins or comes second there is nothing out there for him as far as the charts or current music is concerned. He will end up like Leon.

It's a singing competition. People tend to vote for the best singers. Sam and Nicholas have been the best singers throughout so it stands to reason they'd make the final.

If it was The Marketability Factor then maybe people would vote differently, but it's not.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The duets may have influenced the votes too. Nicholas and Sams duets were far better than Luke's.
    Nicholas's one with Shane was my favourite.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He may have a west of Scotland vote population around1 million. But there is no reason to think for example people in Aberdeen will vote for Nicholas rest of Scotland around 4 million, it's still the same as people in Manchester automatically voting for someone from London
  • Options
    Vodkafairy75Vodkafairy75 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I'm another Scot who didn't vote for him, my votes this season went to Luke.
  • Options
    InsomniacParadeInsomniacParade Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    If it was The Marketability Factor then maybe people would vote differently, but it's not.

It's not The Singing Factor either.
  • Options
    jock_fjock_f Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mysty211 wrote: »
    The duets may have influenced the votes too. Nicholas and Sams duets were far better than Luke's.
    Nicholas's one with Shane was my favourite.

And that's the reason he is in the final. Nice boy sings cover song with ex boy band member. Safe, predictable and guaranteed to get the MOR vote, even if it makes me want to slash my wrists.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

RUBBISH!!!

There are only about 5 million people in Scotland and about 60 million in England so going by that, Sam should have 12 times more votes than Nicholas, tonight!!! If Scots vote for him, it's because they think he's good, not because he's Scottish!

After how 'bitter' Gary Barlow's been about him the last two shows, I hope the Scots vote in their droves for Nicholas and I hope he gets Luke's votes too!! ;)

I thought his duet with Shane was the best of the night by far. Shane didn't try and outsing Nick like Nicole did with Sam!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

we've come full circle.. it doesn't matter