Artem joins DWTS (allegedly)

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam33 wrote: »
    If the money is better in DWTS, why did Pasha turn it down quite a few times? :confused:

Maybe he didn't relish getting in the fray with the teacher's pet pro system? And a lot of people hate L.A. Who on earth would prefer it to London?? :o

Maybe it's not more money (except for a favored few.) Or maybe Pasha was even 'told' to say he turned it down by the higher ups, because of their overall plans for SCD vs DWTS-US. The more I watch this show (both versions), over the years, the more I realize that it's very rigged and manipulated, from above.
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam33 wrote: »
    If the money is better in DWTS, why did Pasha turn it down quite a few times? :confused:

Artistic integrity?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artistic integrity?

Good point :)

Are we sure that the pros are completely "free agents"? Tristan said the new showrunner "graciously" arranged his transfer. Is it only American-based pros who have to get permission or help in arranging a move? I still say this is so complicated and Machiavellian up-top (and sometimes, down below) that we'll never really know what goes on, not even if they tell us, because they lie to us constantly anyway, and in every way, imo. (and in the pros' case, they may either lie for their own reasons or because they've been ordered to)
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    Maybe he didn't relish getting in the fray with the teacher's pet pro system? And a lot of people hate L.A. Who on earth would prefer it to London?? :o[/B]

Maybe it's not more money (except for a favored few.) .

I did read that Tristan was really keen to get out of LA. Seems like a sensible chap....

I don't know how up to date this is (or even if it's accurate), but I think the 'normal' DwtS pros (not the 'chosen ones' ;-)) earn about $6k per week, so for 2 weeks training plus a 10 week run it amounts to around $72k and they might get two seasons a year. I think the pros on SCD earn around £30k for the show (which is a longer commitment) and about £25k - £30k for the tour (if they get it), so it is more money on the US show, but there's an important caveat, in that I don't think they're paid for the whole season - just for the weeks they stay in the competition. (Which would make the in-fighting and jealousy about who always gets the good partners much more understandable :o). (It was actually something Tristan once said after another early exit that makes me think that, but I may have misunderstood).
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we sure that the pros are completely "free agents"? Tristan said the new showrunner "graciously" arranged his transfer. Is it only American-based pros who have to get permission or help in arranging a move? )

The Strictly contracts are for one series at a time and they're free agents otherwise, while I think the US ones are longer and very restrictive.
  • Options
    pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    ...but there's an important caveat, in that I don't think they're paid for the whole season - just for the weeks they stay in the competition. (Which would make the in-fighting and jealousy about who always gets the good partners much more understandable :o). (It was actually something Tristan once said after another early exit that makes me think that, but I may have misunderstood).

Indeed - I've read interviews where pros on DWTS have alluded to their pay being dependent on how long they are on the show. I believe there's an additional bonus for winning, and a smaller bonus for getting to the final, so the stakes are higher than here (unless SCD has recently changed their pay structure to the US one).
  • Options
    MissT10MissT10 Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    I note that James Jordan's Twitter feed now proclaims: LOOKING FOR A JOB (No Visa Required!).

I wonder if this means: a) Artem really does have a visa issue; b) He doesn't and James is tweaking him; or c) neither.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissT10 wrote: »
    I note that James Jordan's Twitter feed now proclaims: LOOKING FOR A JOB (No Visa Required!).

I wonder if this means: a) Artem really does have a visa issue; b) He doesn't and James is tweaking him; or c) neither.

Haha. Missing James more and more and more... :D

(I wonder if we'll learn more about the underside of SCD now that he's not part of it -- not that he was shy of sharing his thoughts while he was still on the show. :cool: Though Ola's position could be made difficult and that might tame the beast)
  • Options
    aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missing Artem already just hope he returns next year.:(
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point :)

Are we sure that the pros are completely "free agents"? Tristan said the new showrunner "graciously" arranged his transfer. Is it only American-based pros who have to get permission or help in arranging a move? I still say this is so complicated and Machiavellian up-top (and sometimes, down below) that we'll never really know what goes on, not even if they tell us, because they lie to us constantly anyway, and in every way, imo. (and in the pros' case, they may either lie for their own reasons or because they've been ordered to)

If a pro signs a contract to do a Strictly season, then they are at the BBC's beck & call for that season. In between seasons they can do as they please.

DWTS is a bit different as there are 2 series a year, and even if a pro doesn't get a celeb partner he/she is still expected to take part in the show in some form or other. However, unless they sign a contract in which they agree do work x number of series, they are free to leave anytime they like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    If a pro signs a contract to do a Strictly season, then they are at the BBC's beck & call for that season. In between seasons they can do as they please.

DWTS is a bit different as there are 2 series a year, and even if a pro doesn't get a celeb partner he/she is still expected to take part in the show in some form or other. However, unless they sign a contract in which they agree do work x number of series, they are free to leave anytime they like.

The way I heard it was the DWTS newbies sign contracts of from 5 to 7 years and unless they are sat out two seasons in a row, they can't leave unless they get permission to leave. When their initial contract runs out, the rules are different, depending on what they manage to negotiate.

Julianne Hough was offered a sitcom on another network but ABC wouldn't let her do it because she was still under her initial contract. Well, that was the scuttlebutt. Tristan said in an interview that he'd been trying to break free for a while, so I'm pretty sure he signed one of those longish term contracts, but finally the new showrunner arranged the deal with Strictly for him (or at least, allowed the deal).
  • Options
    aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All points aside just hope he is back on SCD soon he will be sorely missed this year wait and see.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    AFAIK Artem couldn't apply for a EAD because he doesn't satisfy the requirements for eligible applicants - you should check the rules first before relying on your "misplaced assumptions" ;-)

also Aliona arrived in US when she was 13 and it's how long she was a legal US permanent resident that counts when applying for citizenship (same for Pasha)

if you think that we're arguing about things that don't matter and are so boring, why are you and lateone constantly reading and replying to my posts?

could it be because I'm raising very relevant points and you are afraid that others might agree with me? ;-)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissT10 wrote: »

I thought that Artem had an American wife
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

??:o:o:confused::cry:
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭