iPod Nano 5th Gen

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi I have a quick question about the ipod Nano 5th gen:

My friend has one of these and he showed me that it has a feature to put music on the iPod on loudspeaker. How easy is this to activate as I wouldn't want this feature being accidently activated when im at the gym or something?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,389
    Forum Member
    The iPod Nano doesn't have a speaker, so this is impossible to happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats what I was told by an Apple sales rep but my friend had one and it was defintely the nano 5th gen and they didnt show me the screen but they were messing about with it and somehow got music to play out of the ipod.
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My daughter has one and it does play quite audibly when the headphones are not plugged in. I think it is to allow easy playback of video footage without the headphones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.apple.com/uk/ipodnano/features/
    Say you find yourself in the middle of an impromptu shopping trolley race. Or in the canteen when a colossal food fight breaks out. Now you can prove it really happened with the iPod nano video camera. Shoot high-quality video in portrait or landscape — perfect for posting on the web or emailing friends. iPod nano also includes a microphone that captures clean audio you can listen to during playback on the built-in speaker.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hugsie wrote: »
    My daughter has one and it does play quite audibly when the headphones are not plugged in. I think it is to allow easy playback of video footage without the headphones.

So if the headphones aren't in the music will play out loud?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bradisace wrote: »
    So if the headphones aren't in the music will play out loud?

Yes. It is a very firm fit though. You would not pull them out easily be accident. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This really puts me off this ipod actually as I prefer it when the music is paused if the headphones pop out. I listen to my music at work where the headphones have come out a few times, if music were to come blaring out then it would be a bit embarassing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well all I can say is the fitting is very firm. More so than any I have ever had on many devices.
    When we first got our daughter's I thought it would break if I pushed it any futher, but it stiill was not in place. Another poster did a thread asking the same. They had pushed the headphones in as far as they thought, but the sound was still audible. A very firm push further and it was all sorted.
    Why not see if you can try it in a store?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hugsie wrote: »
    Well all I can say is the fitting is very firm. More so than any I have ever had on many devices.
    When we first got our daughter's I thought it would break if I pushed it any futher, but it stiill was not in place. Another poster did a thread asking the same. They had pushed the headphones in as far as they thought, but the sound was still audible. A very firm push further and it was all sorted.
    Why not see if you can try it in a store?

Thanks for your help with this.

I think I might go for the previous generation to be honest because its a lot cheaper.

Thanks once again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're welcome :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    If the iPod Nano speaker is anything like that in the iPod touch, even on maximum volume it would be unlikely to attract anyones attention in a noisy environment like a gym. The built-in speaker on the iTouch is intended more for personal use in a quite quiet place and I imagine the one in the iPod Nano is similar, unlike the speaker in a mobile-phone which has to be loud enough to attract attention even in noisy places.