The new 'best bits' highlights are awful

MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
Forum Member
✭✭✭
'HERE ARE SOME TITS AND ARSE'

'HERE ARE SOME ROWS'

'THE MAIN STORYLINE WAS A LOVE TRIANGLE'

'THIS IS THE BIT WITH THE FUNNIES'

Far cry from the pre-C5 highlights where they actually bothered to edit together a coherent summary of the series. The best bits montages used to be my favourite part of the final. :(

Comments

• Options
    sominsomin Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree, but it's not really surprising, since all subtlety went out the window when the show moved to Channel 5. Those "LOVE", "LAUGHTER", "SEX" etc. titles were totally unnecessary. And I preferred it when they used just one song for the whole montage rather than a new one every thirty seconds.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    somin wrote: »
    Totally agree, but it's not really surprising, since all subtlety went out the window when the show moved to Channel 5. Those "LOVE", "LAUGHTER", "SEX" etc. titles were totally unnecessary. And I preferred it when they used just one song for the whole montage rather than a new one every thirty seconds.

Agreed :(
  • Options
    dagger42dagger42 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Maybe me but they keep bigging up the love triangle as the highlight of the Show but i found it the part made me want to turn off. I think think the Jim,Linda and Luisa which ever side you took made the show plus some of the funny stuff.
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree,however it' is much improved on previous ones. My favourite channel 5 one was BB14 because it went through the whole story of the house in order. Hopefully this returns next time
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    I do miss the "Echo's" where you re hear all the classic bits in the empty house :)

Always thought that was a nice touch :)
  • Options
    CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the content of the highlights was great, I really laughed at the "sex" part of the montage but the execution was not great. I remember in the C4 days, there was not a single graphic on screen, but C5 is plagued with them. So yeah, the titles were not necessary, and one thing that the best bits should always have is each eviction in slow motion! Does anyone remember what I'm referring to?
  • Options
    heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was one of my favourite 'Best bits' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkQpI0cA_UA

It helps that I already loved the song, but it fitted perfectly.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was poor.

Why mix it up with BOTS highlights?

They usually do it much better and show it as a timeline where things happen in the order they happened, and we briefly see each housemate leaving the house as they are evicted.
    That's much better than what they did last night.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do miss the "Echo's" where you re hear all the classic bits in the empty house :)

I do too. My favourite time was at the end of CBB3, with echoes of "Yeah, Jackie." and Caprice saying "I have never had anal sex."
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was nothing new to see,
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was one of my favourite 'Best bits' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkQpI0cA_UA

It helps that I already loved the song, but it fitted perfectly.

Whenever I hear the song that played over the BB9 best bits, I automatically associate it with them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoTsby8fnZU
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best one was the year they used Chasing Cars.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    Whenever I hear the song that played over the BB9 best bits, I automatically associate it with them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoTsby8fnZU

Excellent. True HLs and good choice of music.

The HL edit last night was poor
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought a lot of it was awful and really did not need to see the 18+ task again

Where was all the great bits, Jim and Dappys bromance, the fun, the aliens, etc etc.

Seemed to me they put in the wrong tapes

Hey ho the best person won - Dappy seemed really strange in his interviews and seemed to revert to the previous persona which is not the one I like - hope he reverts back
  • Options
    TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it all hit a very bum note with me, hated the whole BBOTs debacle and sorry I stayed up to watch it all in the hopes it would improve.

Especially awful at the end when the housemates were all following Rylan, Emma and Ian like the pied pipers with Rylan singing off key (brilliant!!). I didn't see Jim in that throng with all the wannabes being very excited pushng and shovign and I imagine he said '**ck this' and wandered off. Next time I saw him he was strolling towards the front of the stage, with an expression that made me laugh my head off.
  • Options
    SweetSyrupSweetSyrup Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, to be fair OP, those were the moments which made this year an outstanding series...
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Seeing Lee Ryan thrusting up against a bent over Lionel Blair in slow motion while Lionel moans to the sound of Enya is something I will never be able to unsee :(