Options

Games that everybody seems to hate apart from you

Comments

• Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Well said. It was a vast improvement over Revelations for a start and Connor is more eye candy than the other Assassins. ;-) I think some of the mechanics introduced was very good and I enjoyed the homestead missions. The only thing that troubled me was that Connor was completely detached from the Brotherhood; they never felt like a constant presence like in the previous AC games.

While I agree with the Connor comment, I just think that people were coming off the great charismatic (for 2 and Brotherhood at least) Ezio so anyone less was going to be annoying or not as good. However specific to Connor's story, he was from an ancient tribe so I thought he was detached because he was still adapting to civilisation as it were.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I agree with the Connor comment, I just think that people were coming off the great charismatic (for 2 and Brotherhood at least) Ezio so anyone less was going to be annoying or not as good. However specific to Connor's story, he was from an ancient tribe so I thought he was detached because he was still adapting to civilisation as it were.

Native Americans were very civilised and peaceful people, far more so than those that attacked their/his tribe...

Anyway, I do hope they release a DLC with him down the line so we can see the rest of Connor's life. Maybe then we can see him evolve into an Assassin that lives and dies by the Creed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Native Americans were very civilised and peaceful people, far more so than those that attacked their/his tribe...

Anyway, I do hope they release a DLC with him down the line so we can see the rest of Connor's life. Maybe then we can see him evolve into an Assassin that lives and dies by the Creed.

Wrong choice of words I apologise. I should of said adapting to a different way of life than he's used to and as you've said killing here and there is probably difficult for someone who isn't used to that and is used to being civilised as I misused the word. I would definitely like to see Connor more involved with the creed so I would welcome DLC for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pes 09
    the game play is superb

shame everything else is rubbish
  • Options
    Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Mostly the Shivering Isles expansion pack.

I love the Elder Scrolls as a whole but most people I know say they hate it because it's 'nothing like Skyrim'. Can't say it's the best of the series but I think it's still an amazing game all the same.
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    Mafia 2
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Resident Evil 6

My vote would go to Mafia 2 as well. Loved that game. It was very linear for a sandbox game, but had great characters, excellent storyline, action and driving. I really liked how you played through different era's starting off in world war 2, heading into the 1940's, a stint in prison and then into the 1950's. It's also has one of the best collectibles in any game ever which was the retro Playboy magazines, complete with uncensored nude models. :)

Another game I really loved which seems to get slated a lot was L.A Noire.
  • Options
    Duncan_StylesDuncan_Styles Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Thomas the Tank Engine on the CPC.

Wooo Wooooooo!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Thomas the Tank Engine on the CPC.

Wooo Wooooooo!

Whoo in their right mind wooooould hate Thomas the Tank Engine ?
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Assasins Creed 3 hated? If so, that's my favourite game in the whole franchise, followed by Revelations
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DmC: Devil may Cry. It got quite a bit of hate from fans of the orginal games whereas critics seemed to like it. That happens fairly regularly with re-boots or revamps when they are seen as not being faithful to the series and this game was an example of that. Playing it with no previous experience of the Devil May Cry franchise I found myself enjoying it.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QueenAmy wrote: »
    Was Assasins Creed 3 hated? If so, that's my favourite game in the whole franchise, followed by Revelations

I've found that a lot of (but not all) AC fans generally think they are the worst 2 of the franchise so far.

I'm a massive fan of all the AC games but i'd have to agree that those 2 are my least favourites.

For me its:

AC2
    AC1
    ACB
    AC4
    ACR
    AC3
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QueenAmy wrote: »

Yeah, as SaddlerSteve says, those two are probably considered by most fans to be the 2 worst in the franchise. I haven't played them, so I can't personally judge, but if I had to rank the series by what fans have said on average, it'd probably look a bit like this:

- AC II
    - AC: Brotherhood
    - AC IV: Black Flag
    - AC I
    - AC III
    - AC: Revelations
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aah I'll get in on the ranking the Assassin's Creed games. Here's how I'll rank them.

4) AC:1
    3) AC:2/ AC: R
    2) AC: 3
    1) AC: Brotherhood/ AC: Black Flag

I have ranked AC: B and Black Flag together as I enjoyed playing both equally as much. And 2/ Revelations I can't pick either way but I still enjoyed both.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whereas AC III was at least trying Revelations was an awful cash grab where the only thing significant was the cut scenes that played put the end of Ezio and Altair's story which, when you think about it, didn't contribute to the overall arc anyway. My rank would be as follows:

AC II & Brotherhood (can't choose, it's like Arkham Asylum & Arkham City)
    AC I (love it, classic AC and wonderful story/dialogue)
    AC IV Black Flag (Great, fantastic challenging and therefore rewarding side missions but not an AC game. A pirate game at heart)
    AC III (has its moments and I liked the new game mechanics such as tree climbing and hunting but it's too rigid and again, not really an AC game but an American Revolution story)
    AC II Revelations (the epitome of "filler")
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Whoo in their right mind wooooould hate Thomas the Tank Engine ?

Two words

Ringo Starr
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    In terms of Assassin's Creed I've actually loved them all, and found them to be at least playable even at their worst. In terms of eanking I'd probably go...

- Assassin's Creed 4
    - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    - Assassin's Creed 2
    - Assassin's Creed 3
    - Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    - Assassin's Creed

There's been two games (soon three) that utilise the naval element of gameplay prominently, so I don't feel like the series has strayed from its roots rather than expanded upon its original ideas. As such, when the series has introduced elements like the naval missions and the frontier, they feel weird and out of place for a while but once interworked with traditional missions and successive games that utilise the same new ideas, what "Assassin's Creed" is for me changes.

In terms of other games, I actually really enjoyed the Destroy All Humans games back on PS2 and thought they were terrific fun. The third game on the PS3 was best left avoiding (at all costs!) and it's a shame the series never went further than it did, but the first two were great, whereas a lot of people I know didn't like them.
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DadDancer wrote: »
    My vote would go to Mafia 2 as well. Loved that game. It was very linear for a sandbox game, but had great characters, excellent storyline, action and driving. I really liked how you played through different era's starting off in world war 2, heading into the 1940's, a stint in prison and then into the 1950's. It's also has one of the best collectibles in any game ever which was the retro Playboy magazines, complete with uncensored nude models. :)

Another game I really loved which seems to get slated a lot was L.A Noire.
    I thought mafia 2 was great as well such a pity it didn't sell well.
    My other votes would go to the Sabetour and Enslaved Oddesey to the west . Sadly the chances of Saboteur getting a sequel are second to none as the studio went under. >:(
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kcspurs wrote: »
    pes 09
    the game play is superb

shame everything else is rubbish

not me i love pro eve 08 and 09. gameplay is nice and simple. fifa is horrible compared to those two games in terms of gameplay.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AC2 was my favourite but I have enjoyed every single AC game I have played, even Liberation. I just love running around the world jumping and climbing about, everything else is just gravy on the top. I really enjoyed the homestead part of AC3, that was one of my favourite parts of any AC game. I didnt really care much for the story and characters in AC3 but I did enjoy the homestead and hunting, plus running through the trees was fun for change.
    I thought mafia 2 was great as well such a pity it didn't sell well.
    My other votes would go to the Sabetour and Enslaved Oddesey to the west . Sadly the chances of Saboteur getting a sequel are second to none as the studio went under. >:(

The Saboteur was awesome, its a shame a sequel seems highly unlikely due to the demises of Pandemic. I will also miss Mercenaries, the second games was really good fun. Bloody EA killed off a great developer there >:(
  • Options
    KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chparmar wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid 2 .......!??

lolwut

It's widely regarded as one of the greatest games of all time.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    DmC: Devil may Cry. It got quite a bit of hate from fans of the orginal games whereas critics seemed to like it. That happens fairly regularly with re-boots or revamps when they are seen as not being faithful to the series and this game was an example of that. Playing it with no previous experience of the Devil May Cry franchise I found myself enjoying it.

seem to remember the first one was very popular. it's a pretty good game, nothing special , though
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 23/07/17 - 16:40 #73
    a game that i think is great but everyone seems to hate is quantum break. looks great, plays great, great story with alternative decisions to be made. i cant really understand why alot of my xbox mates still havent played this
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been 3 years, so I'll throw in another one - The Order: 1886

I mean, I get why people hate it, and I'll probably never revisit it, but I did enjoy my time with it overall. Between the graphics, story (ending aside) and solid enough gunplay against human enemies, I certainly don't think it's the calamitous catastrophe that many others think it is.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    totally agree second that choice of the order 1886 great setting good gameplay good characters good story solid 3rd person shooter. alot was made of the short playtime but it took me about 7 hours and it was worth playing. full price game maybe not, but cheap definitely
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The gameplay of The Order was solid if unspectacular and I didn't think the running time was too bad.

It was let down by three other elements:

1) A stupid, rambling story with a terrible sequel-bait ending
    2) Absolutely zero replayability
    3) The black bars approach (ala The Evil Within but without the option to change it)

I'd give it a 6/10 but certainly no more.