Air cadets in mid air collision.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7885595.stm

Apologies, not seen it posted.

How tragic, especially in light that one of the girl's mother has already lost two other children, on to SIDs and one to Leukemia. Your heart really does have to go out to them.:cry:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad indeed. Just saw it on the news. Didn't know that about the mother. My heart goes out to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no - I didn't know that, (about the mother, I mean) very sad news indeed.

I've left my condolences to them on the ATC Forums at Air Cadet Central [click].

Other, former ATC members might like to do this too. Show them your support and understanding.

It happened quite early yesterday morning.

The very sad news, of course, is it is unlikely we will never find out what truly happened (apart from a mid-air collision, of couse) as both their RAF AE Instructors also died.

It is typical during AE flights for the Cadets to be given very tentative and supervised control of the aircraft - but being in such close proximity to each other this is unlikely - unless the Pilots were unaware of each others aircraft. They are unlikely to have been knowingly flying in close formation.

Hundreds of Cadets go through this kind of experience every year - some are even selected for further formal training, I believe. I've never heard of such an accident happening before, so it would be a shame if youngsters were to lose this opportunity on the grounds of H&S in future. In my view, everyone should be given the opportunity for such an experience - and, indeed, all Cadets do - all youngsters have to do is join the Air Training Corps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobAnt wrote: »
    Oh no - I didn't know that, very sad news indeed.

I've left my condolences to them on the ATC Forums at Air Cadet Central [click].

Other, former ATC members might like to do this too. Show them your support and understanding.

It happened quite early yesterday morning.

Thank you for the link.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this on the news this morning, tragic :(